Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Ah now Knox pops off after I commit to benching him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Dang I got Rayshawn Jenkins'd in Tier B.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Worthleast posted:

Indeed you did. My IDPs have been saving my rear end all season.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Worthleast posted:

literally coming here from Tier A as a Rayshawn owner to say what the gently caress happened in jacksonville :psyduck:

e: 18 tackles, 2 ints and a touchdown???? i need to see these replays

mans singlehandedly won the week for me

e2: holy loving poo poo http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=35280594

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 19, 2022

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

HiroProtagonist posted:

literally coming here from Tier A as a Rayshawn owner to say what the gently caress happened in jacksonville :psyduck:

e: 18 tackles, 2 ints and a touchdown???? i need to see these replays

mans singlehandedly won the week for me

e2: holy loving poo poo http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=35280594

I also continued a season-long string of poor choices and benched Diontae and Tee Higgins because I didn't trust either of them. Playing either one over Aiyuk would have won it for me as well.

Goodbye Tier A, it was... well it was painful all 4 years.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I also continued a season-long string of poor choices and benched Diontae and Tee Higgins because I didn't trust either of them. Playing either one over Aiyuk would have won it for me as well.

Goodbye Tier A, it was... well it was painful all 4 years.

Hindsight is 20/20.

With Deebo out and Kittle an afterthought in the passing game most of the year Aiyuk was the correct choice over Dionte and a coin toss with Higgins after he was cleared healthy. There was no wrong choice with either.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

Hindsight is 20/20.

With Deebo out and Kittle an afterthought in the passing game most of the year Aiyuk was the correct choice over Dionte and a coin toss with Higgins after he was cleared healthy. There was no wrong choice with either.

Yeah. Tee was cleared healthy last week too and played one snap. He was cleared healthy in week 5 and didn't play a single snap. So in a must-win game, I wasn't trusting their coaching staff to be honest.

Diontae was trash all year and then their QB got hurt for this game. Trubs hadn't really thrown to Diontae when they were playing together, so... /shrug

Not saying my choices were wrong, just that I've made the wrong pick drat near every week.

I even could have played James Cook over Ogunbawale and won.

The long and short of it though is that the team just wasn't very good.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
The New Guy 148.96 vs GloboChem PitPats 145.8

Failson Wentz 129.36 vs I Like Beer 120.82

Failson Wentz vs the New Guy - who staying in Tier A?????

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Welp.

For the record, I think putting 5 teams worth of players into the supplemental draft AND giving the 5 teams participating in the supplemental draft the first 5 picks creates some pretty strange outcomes for everyone else.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Veritek83 posted:

Welp.

For the record, I think putting 5 teams worth of players into the supplemental draft AND giving the 5 teams participating in the supplemental draft the first 5 picks creates some pretty strange outcomes for everyone else.

I was thinking about this the other day. Making it so keepers had to be locked in prior to the supp. draft was a good move for parity / giving promoted teams better odds, but it's a bit difficult to say how much it was that and how much was moving 5 teams around. I'm relatively happy with my team this year compared to my first run at Tier A where I got bounced with a hopeless team.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Veritek83 posted:

Welp.

Seconding this. I don't think there was necessarily anything that could have been done differently, but that kinda screwed over those of us that needed those high picks.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Seconding this. I don't think there was necessarily anything that could have been done differently, but that kinda screwed over those of us that needed those high picks.

Yeah, I don't know that I have a solution that wouldn't cause similar issues, just for other managers, but if it's a situation that comes up again in Tier A in the future, it's probably worth batting around a couple of different possibilities.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
As a lowly first year tier B player, could you just have “shadow” teams picking to deplete the keeper pool some? So if 2 teams leave and there are 5 teams worth of keepers available, you have 2 extra teams picking that just send those players back to the draft pool? Might be a bit strong in the other direction though if teams getting relegated have worse keepers than average.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Yeah it's a weird grey area since "next manager up" I feel is the correct call but it doesnt account for if the Tier A person leaving owned a top 6 team. Promoted teams get a better selection of keepers than typical and it bumps the draft priority around (Tier A 7th place getting leap frogged by a 1st place that left etc). Off hand the easy answer might be to keep the draft positions fixed for the "bonus promotions" as a trade off for not winning promotion outright but still get assigned by end of season tier b rankings. So if the 6th and 1st A teams quit then the 4th ranked B team gets the 7th pick and the 5th ranked gets the 12th pick. Or just make the attrition promotions pick last and bump others up.

And/or maybe add extra keeper penalties to players from attrition teams or reassign their penalty based on ADP. Promoted teams still get their pick but aren't overly rewarded for someone else's good decisions and should help push a larger amount of good players back into the draft?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Speaking as someone who has always been in tier A and has never been in danger of relegation (:smuggo:), I think that the keeper system needs to be fine-tuned to be a little bit more on the redraft end of the redraft <-> dynasty spectrum from where it currently is. Something about the penalty system never really preventing you from keeping multiple high draft picks needs to be adjusted.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

Speaking as someone who has always been in tier A and has never been in danger of relegation (:smuggo:), I think that the keeper system needs to be fine-tuned to be a little bit more on the redraft end of the redraft <-> dynasty spectrum from where it currently is. Something about the penalty system never really preventing you from keeping multiple high draft picks needs to be adjusted.

So a capped maximum penalty you're suggesting?

darkspider42 posted:

The New Guy 148.96 vs GloboChem PitPats 145.8

Failson Wentz 129.36 vs I Like Beer 120.82

Failson Wentz vs the New Guy - who staying in Tier A?????

I don't have high hopes without Kyler tbh and I already went full homer in the late season so mentally already prepared to be relegated. every win has been by the skin of my teeth more or less

if somehow i don't get relegated i'll get screwed by the supp anyway

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 21, 2022

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Agonized all week about which of AJB/Waddle/Higgins/Godwin to sit this week and picked Higgins. He's got 14 in the first quarter.

Can't wait for this to cost me the matchup.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
welp early games definitely not going my way. already prepared to return to tier B next year. maybe its where i'm meant to be

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
loving lol Tier A is likely to have two 7-7 teams in the championship

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Having the No 9, 11th RBs and the No 3, 4th ranked WRs all combine for about 12 points with no injuries is incredibly unlucky. My team is apparently channeling the Vikings bullshittery

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
shocked i even cracked 100 pts with what a dismal week this was for me

ah well, back to the tier b salt mines where i belong

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Master Stur posted:

Having the No 9, 11th RBs and the No 3, 4th ranked WRs all combine for about 12 points with no injuries is incredibly unlucky. My team is apparently channeling the Vikings bullshittery

That's fantasy baby!! Good luck in the championship!

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

loving lol Tier A is likely to have two 7-7 teams in the championship

Just like I drew it up

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Fields over Dak is probably gonna be the difference. Seriously considered swapping too. I hate this dumb game.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I will be the first to admit that I held first place for a good stretch of the season by virtue of scheduling luck more than anything. But got drat if it isn't peak fantasy football to post my first high score of the season while on bye, and then proceed to lose Hurts and generally poo poo the bed in the second round.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fields over Dak is probably gonna be the difference. Seriously considered swapping too. I hate this dumb game.

I may have successfully reverse jinxed this and booked a ticket to Tier A. I love this dumb game.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Hot Diggity! posted:

That's fantasy baby!! Good luck in the championship!

Thanks! Tier B finals last year to Tier A finals this year thanks to a bunch of streaky stuff happening at the right time in my favor.....

Gobias Ind. posted:

I love this dumb game.

Yeah basically :cheers:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Well, bad time for my entire IDP lineup to do nothing!! The horseshoe ran out, GG

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I will go from worst to first next year. Historically speaking, has anyone ever done worse than me this season???

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Mike Evans is dumb and I hate him.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Just wanted to say with the delay to the game/Hamlin stuff I'm going to hold payouts until we get a definitive answer on what is happening to the game.

Link to the Toy Drive incase you haven't looked it: https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

FWIW I officially concede in the Tier B Final. Don't think Higgins is outscoring Burrow by 18 if they end up playing the game.

Congrats to M Night Shanahan. gently caress Mike Evans.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Gobias Ind. posted:

FWIW I officially concede in the Tier B Final. Don't think Higgins is outscoring Burrow by 18 if they end up playing the game.

Congrats to M Night Shanahan. gently caress Mike Evans.

That is me. Good season, your team was the top team all season for the most part. Maybe an indictment of my fantasy football proficiency, but overall I think my team was carried by my IDP players which I knew nothing about preseason, and my offensive players were average to a bit above average. Sad the fantasy season ended as it did, kind of lost the excitement and enthusiasm of actually winning any of my leagues in what was a good fantasy year for me.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Yeah I also concede the Tier A finals. My team is soundly beat

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

With the game voided we have a few options:

1. Play it as it lies
2. 50/50 split
3. Split based on win probability on ESPN
4. Use the players week 18 stats that were affected
5. Replay the week completely
6. Teams make some concessions

This mainly affects the 3rd/4th games -

Davante's Inferno (120.3) vs Hurts Immunity (124.66)
when Davante's had Burrow, Diggs going vs Logan Wilson and Hamlin

Ancient Allens (93.9) vs Herbert and Ernie's Boys (133.18)
when the Allens had Allen and Mixon vs Logan Wilson

Both are close enough that its hard to say who'd win. I'm leaning towards 4 right now but willing to listen to input.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Saying this as the owner of Davante's Inferno, one major issue with 4 is Hurts Immunity will not have Hamlin available for very obvious reasons.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I concede...I don't think I ever had a chance tbh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Happy to do a 50/50 split

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Sure, that works for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Davante's Inferno (120.3) vs Hurts Immunity (124.66)

Davante's Inferno WINS (Hurts concedes)

Ancient Allens (93.9) vs Herbert and Ernie's Boys (133.18)

Ernie's Boys WINS (140.18 to 130.96 adjusted for week 18 stats)

Final Standings:

Tier A

1. Don't Get Regulated
2. JoeyBs Knees
3. Davante's Inferno

Tier B (coming up)
1. M. Night Shanahan
2. Godwin Is Dead
3. Herbert and Ernie's Boys

Going down:

GloboChem PitPat
I Like Beer
Failson Wentz

Going to give it a few days before starting payouts incase of anything weird. Please offer up any suggestions, changes, etc for next year. It sounds like the keeper system itself might be under scrutiny.