Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Checking in and ready to trip at the finish line as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Tier B:

While this thread is still hot off the presses, we suggested Tuesday September 6th for an evening draft. Does that work for everyone?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

jabro posted:

Tuesday does work but it’s an in-office day for me so won’t be available until 530PM PST. If that late of a time is cool for the east coasters then I’m okay with that being the draft day.

Yeah most of the time I think it’s better for everyone if we do a 9pm-ish EST start.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Payment sent

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
The actual three days of Labor Day weekend (3/4/5th) I’m out. Any other weeknight I’m good in the evenings.

If the 6th doesn’t work for people should we bump it one day and do Wednesday the 7th?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Sounds like the 6th doesn’t work for two people. If we do the 7th then Pain of Mind can make it but the vibe I’m getting is 3 DONG HORSE is going to be likely autodrafting all next week anyway. Sorry bud.

At the risk of not being able to get 12 people together by tomorrow or Thursday (we still need 1 more btw), does anyone have strong objections to:

TIER B DRAFT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH, 9pm EST

The 6th is still on the table if suddenly a handful of people can’t make the 7th but we need to get crankin here.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah I have a loving work trip >=[

I could half-rear end phone draft probably but it really depends on if we're just having normal dinner or if we end up doing some team bonding thing. Just assume I will autodraft and it will be a pleasant surprise if I'm present.

Don’t tell me you’re a filthy West-Coaster.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
A chance at the glory of Tier A, but most likely a doomed eternity to the slog of us Tier B degenerates.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

OOPS! Thank you sir :monocle:

*Overdone West Coast mocking response*

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I think I made an enemy tonight.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
The thing that always gets me in this league is when you’re like

“Wow, I scored 170!! Surely that will be the highe-oh, two other people scored 182…”

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
We’re getting there, trust me. I want to see this happen. Destiny demands it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You better change that team name back asap it’s like 60% of the reason I made the trade

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
3 DONG HORSE I was about to be snarky about getting Amon-Ra from you in echange for London but uh

:catstare:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Boy I sure wish I had started anyone other than James Robinson this week! Mad!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Whoever is Caffeinated Unvaccinated in Tier B, this game keeps flip-flopping and it’s giving me a heart attack.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Boywunda posted:

And my atrocious season continues. Nothing has gone my way all season long.

I don’t mean to rub it in but

Oh my god YOU’RE CAFFEINATED UNVACCINATED???

I don’t know if you remember but two years ago was (I think) my first year in Goontier. One of the midseason weeks I was playing you and you had James White on a Monday night game. Right at the end he had a 4 yard run and you pulled ahead of me by .2, then with like 15 seconds left he got tackled for a huge loss and I wound up ahead by .3 or so. The next day I find out there was a stat correction and you ended up beating me.

Long story short that game changed our seeding so you got the first round bye instead of me. I got demolished by Bosa’s Hammer and knocked out Round 1, but if I had the bye I would have made it to 2nd place and gotten bumped up to Tier A.

I know this is a weird thing to cling to but it’s one of those fantasy moments you don’t forget. Sorry about your season this year. Fantasy football is a fickle mistress.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Hot Diggity! posted:

In Tier A Bosa Deez Nuts Dropped has a 1% chance of making the playoffs at 5-8. Obviously they'd need to win, but now I wanna know what other outcomes would be required for them to make it.

I think it’s probably a massive points total difference. Like they need to win, have a few others lose, and also outscore their playoff competition in one week by like 75-100.

It’s technically not impossible but it’s the same statistics they use when calculating matchup win projections. “Sure, you’re down by 17 and your opponent has Mahomes left to play on Monday night, but we’ll still give you a 1% chance! Maybe Mahomes throws 9 Interceptions and then dies! You never know!”

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

barnold posted:

looks like a stat correction made it a 4-way tie at 7-6 in Tier B....gonna be an exciting day of fanty

What was the correction? Because if I don’t win this week I’ll miss the playoffs due to the total PF tiebreaker and I need to know if I should be mad about it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lol did you just beat me by 0.02 to get in?

Had a busy day and didn't see Harrison Smith ruled out until it was too late :/

Could definitely have some tackles or stuffs adjusted though.

Yes. Holy poo poo. If I get stat corrected it’ll be divine justice but for now I literally squeak into the playoffs by 0.02.

e: yep, got stat corrected already. Lost by 2.

Whoreson Welles fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 12, 2022

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oof, sorry dude. Those stuffs are killer and change a lot. I also had a win turn into a loss this year because stuffs got adjusted.

Then it evens out in the end! No big, it just wasn’t meant to be. At least it was close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Ahh Week 2 :allears:

So much hope, so much promise.