Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh, absolutely not, Orange Cassidy's pinning Punk for the World belt in, ooh, six months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've been doing some stats while Teej has been on, thought people might be interested. To avoid spoilers as much as possible i'll just be showing the consensus picks

Of the 52 entries:
- 43 (82.7%) chose Kenny as the mystery entrant, only other people to have multiple guesses were Cutler (3) and Page (2)
- 46 (88.5%) picked Bucks/X to win over Los Ingobernables
- 34 (65.4%) picked United Empire over Death Triangle
- 29 (55.8%) picked Dark Order over House of Black
- 40 (76.9%) picked Best Friends over Trustbusters
- Quite a few picks for the person taking the fall in the finals, of the people getting multiple picks the highest was Matt Jackson and Buddy Matthews with 8 each, followed by Alex Reynolds (6), Adam Page (5), Nick Jackson (5), John Silver (5), Chuck Taylor (5), Kenny Omega (2), Kyle Fletcher (2) and Trent (2)

Getting into spoiler territory now the first round is done
- 13 entrants are still running at 100% right now, with the mystery entrant as well as all four quarter finals correct
- 22 entrants have had 1 answer incorrect so far, of them only JUNGLE BOY got the mystery wrong but the quarters all right
- 11 entrants have had 2 answers incorrect so far
- Only 1 entrant (Quantum of Phallus) has had 3 incorrect answers so far, but their semis and finals answers are still all open
- 4 Entrants have had 4 incorrect answers so far, and of them onlt Cult of Pies has any chance of getting anything from the next rounds
- Only 1 entrant (forkboy84) is running at 0%, but in their defence they too busy watching puro to think about predictions

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 27, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It honestly takes great skill to get every prediction wrong, if you think about it (but not for too long).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

- Only 1 entrant (Quantum of Phallus) has had 3 incorrect answers so far, but their semis and finals answers are still all open

🥲

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's gonna be some changes around here when I become IK :dukedoge:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quantum of fail us

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am going to get my entire bracket right and get slaughtered in the tiebreaker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Speaking of the tiebreaker the latest match went 9 minutes 3 seconds bringing us to 1h 5m 23s total

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

Speaking of the tiebreaker the latest match went 9 minutes 3 seconds bringing us to 1h 5m 23s total

3 more matches to go. Most dynamite matches are hovering around 23 minutes while Rampage ones are about 10 minutes. PPV probably going the same length of the Dynamite matches so it does seem anything under 2 hours was off

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah i made the mistake of not realizing a title with the elite involved would get more time. was thinking ~12 minutes per QF, ~16-18 for the semis and a nice little 22 minute ppv banger to cap it off. hard to predict 30 minute main event on the same show with punk and moxley lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah my tiebreaker is woefully under

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I ballparked it at 148 minutes and then stupidly wrote 1hr 48mins 🤦‍♂️

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

KungFu Grip posted:

3 more matches to go. Most dynamite matches are hovering around 23 minutes while Rampage ones are about 10 minutes. PPV probably going the same length of the Dynamite matches so it does seem anything under 2 hours was off

Yeah, and on the other end of the spectrum, my 155 minutes was too far out.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Feelin preeetty good about my 135 minute estimate right now. I didn't account for shorter Rampage matches but hopefully the ppv makes up for that.

If only the Best Friends hadn't hosed me I'd have been a contender. If only.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I feel like I nailed all the picks but hosed up the time tiebreaker because I wasn't expecting most of the tourney matches to main event their shows

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
speaking of tie breaker

Elite vs United Empire was the shortest Dynamite Bracket match at 18 min 52 secs (might be off a few seconds) about 1 hours 24 minutes 15 seconds total

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just need the entire rest of the tournament to only take 17 minutes, gang!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kinda feels like the Best Friends are going to lose Friday and I'm really torn up about that if true

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

orange cassidy flash pinning his way to the titles is a great idea.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Same. And a few referee ruling reversals!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's still in the 100% Club? :cool:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

All 13 people from the first round running at 100% got Elite/UE correct

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

For 17 more minutes at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It sucks to lose, but what a match to lose on. :tipshat:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
6 minute finals, come on guys, just get all your poo poo in and get outta there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In it to win it baby :dukedoge:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Fentry won.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
gently caress I just realzied I didn't edit my post to fix who was taking the pin.
drat changing my mind before posting and not noticing!! :argh:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

loving cowards not jobbing out hangman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I've won the game

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

At the last second before the tournament started I edited my post, which originally said John Silver was taking the pin, to Alex Reynolds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Your edit was one second after the tournament started, and is therefore invalid. The original message of John Silver taking the fall stands. Congratulations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fentry posted:

1. Omega

2:
A: Bucks/Omega
B: Ospreay/Aussie Open
C: Dark Order
D: Best Friends

3:
Bucks/Omega
Dark Order

4. Bucks/Omega

5. John Silver

Tiebreak: 107 minutes

winner. time was 112minutes55seconds adding the times for each match courtesy of the last 2 wrestling observer newsletters and tv reports from f4w

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit if they'd pinned Alex Reynolds I'd have had a perfect run :negative:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Math has been run and hopefully Fentry will enjoy their buttons coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I just noticed them and was briefly confused. I'd like to thank AEW for having everything go as it went in my head which is usually not the case with them.