Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

rly makes u think

e: :lol: i see this was referenced via text above via hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

McCloud posted:

So apparently some previously unseen content of WW84 has been released, and Yikes

https://twitter.com/GalGadotWWFans/status/1558955632295923713?s=20&t=RYWrSxpJ0B35TeJrrXEskQ

Wonder Woman hanging out at a nazi rally acting like a scandalized aunt is really something. I guess it falls perfectly in line with Patty Jenkins WW though

That third picture is really hilarious.

"Wow, I do not like the smell of burning books. Who knew?"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

"I did Nazi that coming!"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They went from "WW disappeared for a century" to "She didn't really disappear but did some superheroing" to "WW attended Nazi rallies but did not appear to have a good time"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Why is everyone in the Auschwitz picture smiling?!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wunder Woman

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

josh04 posted:

Why is everyone in the Auschwitz picture smiling?!

I assume they're freeing the prisoners? It doesn't seem like there are enough people there but it's the only option that makes any sense.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Let's hope she frees them earlier than it historically happened. Otherwise that lady on the right seemed to have gotten over the Holocaust just because a good-looking woman is helping her march through the gate.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Let's hope she frees them earlier than it historically happened. Otherwise that lady on the right seemed to have gotten over the Holocaust just because a good-looking woman is helping her march through the gate.

I'm pretty sure that's Etta Candy, the secretary that's Diana's friend. Most of the people in that photo are in her posse, in fact, which only makes it even more confusing. Did they infiltrate the camp? Did Diana rescue only her friends specifically??

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

So apparently some previously unseen content of WW84 has been released, and Yikes

https://twitter.com/GalGadotWWFans/status/1558955632295923713?s=20&t=RYWrSxpJ0B35TeJrrXEskQ

Wonder Woman hanging out at a nazi rally acting like a scandalized aunt is really something. I guess it falls perfectly in line with Patty Jenkins WW though

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

WW should be impaling those nazis with a spear or something.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

teagone posted:

I have news about DC comics, nazis and spears

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Given that the WW film ended with her killing Ludendorff after he kills the entire German high command and the war ends in March 1918, the Nazis might not even be in power.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Etta Candy, the secretary that's Diana's friend. Most of the people in that photo are in her posse, in fact, which only makes it even more confusing. Did they infiltrate the camp? Did Diana rescue only her friends specifically??

:doh: you are right, that's her. Well, I guess that makes more sen...

wait, why did Wonder Woman bring the comic relief to Auschwitz? And why do they leave as if they just got out of the theater after watching a funny movie?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Wonder Woman 1 was not the perfect movie(ending was dumb and could easily have been fixed) but was largely pretty good.

But holy poo poo the drop off to WW84 was drastic.

I blame WB studio notes. I suspect they didn't give as much of a poo poo on the first one but it made money so they had to weigh in on every single part of the sequel.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jaxyon posted:

Was WW84 a pandemic movie? I can't remember Besides the entire movie being terrible, what I thought was the exceptionally poorly thought out was the fact that the entire movie has only one scene with any attempt at an 80's aesthetic, the mall scene. They could have made an 80's movie and really leaned into it, but instead it's like 5min of "lol remember malls?" and then "here's a a cartoon of kristen wiig!"

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 16, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Was WW84 a pandemic movie, I can't remember. Besides the entire movie being terrible, what I thought was the exceptionally poorly thought out was the fact that the entire movie has only one scene with any attempt at an 80's aesthetic, the mall scene. They could have made an 80's movie and really leaned into it, but instead it's like 5min of "lol remember malls?" and then "here's a a cartoon of kristen wiig!"

Yeah but it's just so dumb at so many levels. Characterization, motivation, writing, villain, ending.

Biggest critique I can make on the first one was the ending would have been so much better if Ares wasn't the villain and humanity is just awful.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Was WW84 a pandemic movie?

I beleive it was pretty much done before the pandemic, because once COVID hit, I remember Patty saying it was sort of blessing because she said it'd give them more time to polish the VFX........

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NauticalDamagedFinwhale-mobile.mp4

lol.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah but it's just so dumb at so many levels. Characterization, motivation, writing, villain, ending.

Biggest critique I can make on the first one was the ending would have been so much better if Ares wasn't the villain and humanity is just awful.

Yeah, at least that would have been a direction to take the character. But between BvS, WW1 and WW84, people at WB must have decided to actively gently caress everything up because pretty much nothing seems to fit together anymore.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Grendels Dad posted:

:doh: you are right, that's her. Well, I guess that makes more sen...

wait, why did Wonder Woman bring the comic relief to Auschwitz? And why do they leave as if they just got out of the theater after watching a funny movie?

lmao. Thank you. Perfect.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

I beleive it was pretty much done before the pandemic, because once COVID hit, I remember Patty saying it was sort of blessing because she said it'd give them more time to polish the VFX........

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NauticalDamagedFinwhale-mobile.mp4

lol.

"I need you to give me the stawone."

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Jaxyon posted:

Wonder Woman 1 was not the perfect movie(ending was dumb and could easily have been fixed) but was largely pretty good.

I blame WB studio notes. I suspect they didn't give as much of a poo poo on the first one but it made money so they had to weigh in on every single part of the sequel.

I think it was Patty Jenkins who decided after just directing the first one she could do that and also write the second, everything from the plot to the dialogue was godawful in that movie. She's said that she negotiated hard to make the movie she wanted so yea I think it's on her.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

It's been years since I've seen it, but isn't this the case?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Chairman Capone posted:

It's been years since I've seen it, but isn't this the case?

No. It actually was Ares all along behind world strife, as she thought. Just guessed wrong on who was Ares.

It totally undercuts a great speech by Chris Pine's character which would have made great sense as an ending and also have kept Ares, one of her major villains, for later. Doing a movie without an actual supervillain would have been great. But then she doesn't get to throw a tank at a CG man.

Just Chamber posted:

I think it was Patty Jenkins who decided after just directing the first one she could do that and also write the second, everything from the plot to the dialogue was godawful in that movie. She's said that she negotiated hard to make the movie she wanted so yea I think it's on her.

If that's true, she should stick to directing.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It sounds like Jenkins and Geoff Johns share pretty equal responsibility for the terrible script in WW84

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

It sounds like Jenkins and Geoff Johns share pretty equal responsibility for the terrible script in WW84

Geoff Johns is a pretty experienced and respected writer, at least.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/VengefulIncompleteAlaskanmalamute.mp4

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

lmao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

are you jaxyon me off right now? :lol:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I knew that would be controversial, but people like his comics writing. Specifically his run on Flash and Green Lantern.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

True. When it comes to Killin' Natzees, Captain Peggy Carter would kindly request Wonder Woman to hold her beer.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jaxyon posted:

I knew that would be controversial, but people like his comics writing. Specifically his run on Flash and Green Lantern.

His run on Green Lantern basically comes from, like, an Alan Moore short story/prophecy so it isn’t even all his idea.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jaxyon posted:

He was good until he started killing everything in sight. His post crisis JSA is the poster child of his.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I’ll back Johns’ Flash run being pretty good but his Green Lantern run was kinda rear end

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He's also the guy who brought back both Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, the two most boring, white bread heroes possible. One of which dated a minor

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gatts posted:

His run on Green Lantern basically comes from, like, an Alan Moore short story/prophecy so it isn’t even all his idea.
Johns was good when we was building off of others. His GL stuff builds off of Moore, his Flash stuff builds off of Waid. The problem is that his only original ideas involve people having their arms ripped off and bringing back silver age characters. I guess there was also the time where he wrote a letter as a fan in his twenties asking if Superboy was partly cloned from Lex Luthor's DNA, was told no, and then seemingly worked on Teen Titans to retcon that idea into reality.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

McCloud posted:

He's also the guy who brought back both Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, the two most boring, white bread heroes possible. One of which dated a minor

Hal was fine. Barry should have stayed dead.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

McCloud posted:

lmao outstanding

this is one of the best piss takes ever

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Hal was fine. Barry should have stayed dead.

Hal had not just one legacy character that was more interesting in every single way, he had three of them. The only reason to bring back Hal was because Geoff had a boner for the silver age.
Hal offers absolutely nothing that Guy, Kyle or John dont, except maybe racism and a lust for young women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe