Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh here's the new thread! I'll have to give the Edion show a watch when I'm doing laundry tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1559347443967352833

Oh no is Shun going to make me watch MLW? What a loving heel.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

it's actually Jacky

Close, it's Dark Side Jacky.

https://twitter.com/dragongatentwk/status/1538485633991450625

What a dream boat.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watched the Fukuoka night show. Hulk loving murdered Genki with the First Flash. He's been hitting that stiff this year. Wonder what's up?

Breezy wrestling, big angle was the Ben-K/HxE stuff. Feels like the first time Ben-Ks been getting some real shine since he dropped the Dream Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mochizuki Jr. and Ishin's stuff in their trios match was real good. Excited for the wrestledad/wrestleson showdown.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

I have completed my short documentary series about Masquerade, which I worked on all summer and added more content to as the story kept going. Feel free to show this to anyone who needs more exposure to Dragongate.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHX36rkFHZQve0KSQQD5SQpgNvvgSD7hW

edit: GAORA gave me a copyright takedown, but you can just click through to the links in the placeholder video to see it in other places.

GAORA is some bullshit, it'd be nice of them to enter the 21st Century. That was really good stuff.

Apparently some of the American excursion stuff in the fall is going to be airing on the Network.
https://twitter.com/ChicagolandWres/status/1564617024264966144?t=RbMjBtQRzYyNwitGgrDM4g

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Final Gate is on Christmas this year. Upset at Dragongate not taking MY schedule into account here when scheduling their shows.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shun's so cool, he did an interview with PWI and then forced them to make it free: https://pwi-online.com/shun-skywalker-dragon-gate-crazy-beautiful/

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hulk switching to submission wins because he’s been murdering people with the first flash lol.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

We should have seen Ben-K joining the himbo faction coming

drat, Ishinriki’s a buff dad.

Oh my god this loving post match reveal.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 9, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Still clap only crowd right? Hope motivated Eita shows up because the dream gate match up is really good on paper. Twin Gate obviously looking like the show stealing match though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh poo poo opening with the Twin Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat Kikuta's rear end is devastating.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Showcase performance from Kikuta.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Kid the most important guy in modern Dragon Gate because 90% of their dojo trainees joined because of him.

Nagano looked good in his movements there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nice to see Ben-K enjoying his time in Gold Class. This Ben/YAMATO stuff rules

JACKHAMMER

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 19, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Santa Maria wrestles a lovely style

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gold Class/High-End whipped.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

i fell asleep from the entirety of the DQ all the way to HYO's senton.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, Dangerous Gate has been a really great show this year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Eita's chops sound painful

He is King of Chop.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Goddamn, what a Dream Gate match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rewatched the no dq Vibes/Brats match since I dozed off for the entirety of it last night, and drat, there were some gnarly-rear end bumps that match. SMJ looked absolutely fired up all match, and an extended feud with Diamante seems likely and cool.

So overall, I think Dangerous Gate is definitely the show of the year for Dragon Gate so far. A good card that over-delivered. Every match felt like it had story and direction, even the undercard stuff that has a tendency to drag on on these shows sometimes. Eita/Yoshioka was fantastic, just incredibly well-paced and thought out, Don't know what the future holds for Eita going forward, but that was a hell of an effort from him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Like his namesake, Shun Skywalker has Force powers and projected his image to Japan to gently caress with Kzy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eita's rapidly approaching the Shingo position of basically having done everything in the company. All that's really left for him is a big babyface run with the Dream Gate and I don't think that's happening soon given the current direction of things.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eita always had great chemistry with Tozawa. Here's a King of Gate match from 2015 with him that's great: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dv5nv

And speaking of great chemistry, he had an awesome tag team with T-Hawk as part of the Millennials (and later again in ANTIAS). Their tag team was one of the things that first got me into Dragon Gate.

Here's their Twin Gate match at Kobe World 2014 against Shingo and Tozawa: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x44y7e8

Then there's their sick Twin Gate match against Big Ben at DoA 2018. One of the few highlights of ANTIAS: https://dragongate.live/title/?program=comp_BigEventsFeature&episode=15

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RIP High End. I’m a big fan of all the members individually, shame it just never gelled together.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I liked the All Out War variant they did last year with Masquerade and R.E.D., that was a lot of fun and did a lot to really cement HYO's gimmick from KoG earlier in the year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It never occurred to me as an option, but Ben-K in Gold Class is such a natural fit lol.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, these kids are loving sprinting. Cool rear end match.

EDIT: Oh my god, the reluctant fist bump.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 6, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

0/10 Korakuen, no Yoshida on commentary.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Both the tag and singles match are very intriguing to me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

D'Courage vs M3K Rookies and HYO/Jason kicked rear end. Very good Sambo Hall show on those two alone.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat that’s cool as hell. I wish I could meet YAMATO and tell him he’s my favorite wrestler, that’d be cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Excited for Gate of Destiny. The King of Gate match between YAMATO and Yoshioka is one of my favorite DG matches of the year so it'll be cool to see it brought to the Dream Gate setting.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daylight Savings Time basically hosed my ability to watch this live, but happy to catch up in the morning.

Cheering is back but the audio's still muted for copyright reasons. Ultimo looks real happy in his entrance at least.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

"as effective as the Wrestling Observer fact checking team"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, Fujiwara is loving good as hell.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

5 star Brave Gate match, Dragon Kid broke out the Deja Vu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The end of the Dream Gate match that was just Yoshioka dominating YAMATO was one of the coolest match finishes I’ve seen in a while.