Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm partial to the Electra Junior but I have to admit that it's a pretty good looking plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah it's way cooler that it's a plane you have flown IRL. Plus cool steam gauges and well modeled.

I too wish the Electra was in game.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I've been to that airport and it stands out at night like crazy. There's not much until you get to Arusha to the west. Moshi to the east is a pretty small place with limited lighting.

Good job MSFS! The hippos were pretty dope though. I don't think you have it planned, but an overflight of Ngorogoro Crater would be pretty cool, and going up the Great Rift Valley past Mount Kenya up to Djibouti would be a neat way to go, maybe after you loop around through Madagascar if you're still intending to do that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gewehr 43 posted:

Am I understanding you correctly in that the Kili International airport *is* lighted?

For the record, I'm happy to take overflight requests. If there's something out there that you all think is cool enough to check out, odds are good I'd want to see it myself. I probably won't backtrack to see something I've already passed though. Also, don't expect miracles from FS2020s terrain engine. As awesome as it is, it misses the mark in places that it probably shouldn't. You'll see in the next update that Kilimanjaro looks like a lump of moldy mashed potatoes. It was super disappointing. Places like Victoria Falls are rendered poorly as well.

Yes, it is lighted. Sorry that post is a bit unclear. Supposedly ngorongoro crater got rendered in detail, in one of the updates.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Pretty funny that the Pena is the only part of Sintra that appears to be modeled. There's also a substantial Moorish castle on the next high point on the ridge next door, as well as a ton of fancy villas and gardens surrounding. The model makes it look like the Pena is just isolated in the middle of nowhere!