Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wanna bring up Alexandre Dumas to these people and see if I can explode heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Just use your mouth

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Alexander Dumbass

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Am I wrong to believe the entirety of literary fiction is loving megalomaniacal bullshit written by suicidal drug addicts?

You are not. I can't imagine reading a fictional novel by someone who isn't a weirdo nerd.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Bible should rhyme with snivel

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My handwriting is terrible and i don't own a printer, so if I need need to write poo poo down I write a novel around it and send it to a publisher. If you read really bad romance stuff like this:

Jenny sighed and dialed Bob's number 555 1234532. As she waited for him to pick up she let her gaze wander around the kitchen: the apples, the milk, rice and a bottle of shampoo. An old calendar with "Grandma's birthday saturday!!" written in red, hopeful letters, reminding Jenny of better days, days before the ballgag incident...

that's most likely mine

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Am I wrong to believe the entirety of literary fiction is loving megalomaniacal bullshit written by suicidal drug addicts?

Socially well-adjusted people have no need to escape reality by writing stories about their ideal world where they are god.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Jenny's number is 867-5309

It sounds pretty obvious you don't know Jenny

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the story only shows bob’s number and the exchange code is different because he got his mobile phone when he was out of state for college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

syntaxfunction posted:

That list is weird. There's a bunch of stuff like Tom Clancy which is fair, but then you have Lord of the Flies, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and The Bonfire of the Vanities which are well regarded literature by most people?

But yeah most of it sounds like airport books. Like, Lord of the Rings? The hell is that supposed to be?

Sorry pal but everyone in those beloved classic books is just too white, well except for the Indian Chief, maybe he should cameo in every novel