Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Extra Large Marge posted:

There were a lot of articles complaining about a specific type of guy that lives in New York City.

Is this like when it turned out all the bernie bro articles that started cropping up around the same time were largely referring to a specific couch surfing creep of a goon that for whatever reason hung out with a lot of journalists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

limp_cheese posted:

I only have 4 books from this list and of those 4 I've only read 2 of them. An ex gf gifted me American Psycho and Freakonomics and I couldn't make it more than 20 pages into American Psycho and never even opened Freakonomics.

The other 2 are Wheel of Time and America The Book.

I didn't get through the whole list but for the first couple dozen it looked like 1 in every few entries was along the lines of "the grapes of wrath" that a good chunk of people probably just had to read in school as part of their basic "English" curriculum. It was confusing to see why they were included as a weird jab at whatever strawman the author is upset about. The other stuff like atlas shrugged or whatever, fine to make fun of but I mean then you're narrowing your window of attack down to libertarian dudes which while prevalent is pretty easy to avoid.