Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
won a run of Wildfrost:

Plays pretty similar to monster train where you have a mix of units/spells that you can modify. Has the same balance problems as well where 1/3rd of the cards are stone useless and runs feel impossible if you don't see any damage scaling. Good sound/graphics, overall a solid b-tier deckbuilder.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'll wait until it has 20 difficulty levels and an optional superboss to really cut the viable builds down

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Decided to watch some videos of the watcher's infinite decks and they are so absurdly easy to get. I beelined for them in my last few runs and 3/6 runs I ended up clearing with infinite decks and two of those were against the time eater lol. Managed to get the trophy for beating the transient, playing 25 cards, and beating a boss turn one. The boss was awakened and I was annoyed thinking it wouldn't count but if you kill it's phase one in a single turn you get the trophy which is nice. I got the event to fight an act one boss and it didn't pop when I did that in one turn, and then I'd killed the collector second turn. So nice to finally get it. Was a single card over the 5 cards or less deck trophy. Was praying for any event to lose a card towards the end.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah don't think the event can give it to you. i wonder if you get credit if you only kill the awakened's second form in one turn

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah, other characters have simple infinites too but they're a lot harder to actually build towards. Watcher's big strength is she can go through all of Act 1 without adding attack cards and still not die instantly to Nob or Lagavulin. So you can be much more patient looking for the combo pieces.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

Yeah, other characters have simple infinites too but they're a lot harder to actually build towards. Watcher's big strength is she can go through all of Act 1 without adding attack cards and still not die instantly to Nob or Lagavulin. So you can be much more patient looking for the combo pieces.

Yeah if I don't get the cards I need by mid Act 2 I'm probably doomed but till then she does fine. I even had one run where I didn't get a 1 energy calm until near the end of Act 3 and she still made it no problem.

Did my first pressure points run on Go5's rec and it's absurdly good. Didn't realise it was effectively poison without decay. It also triggering on everyone with mark when you apply more mark is so good. wiped out every elite in act 2 and the red mask robbers without trouble and then was hunting elites in act 3. Not to mention block or weakening don't affect it. Then I'd gotten establishment, protext+ x2, and perseverance. So after 2 or 3 turns I had huge free block. I also had the relics to gain block on turns 2 and 3 so I could always afford not to use my big block cards while they became free.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's always hard to take pressure points cause I really want more than one copy and there's no guarantee I'll get it offered. It can be good scaling damage, but on the other hand damage is usually pretty easy to come by for Watcher.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

It's always hard to take pressure points cause I really want more than one copy and there's no guarantee I'll get it offered. It can be good scaling damage, but on the other hand damage is usually pretty easy to come by for Watcher.

Ended up with three of them by mid act 1 first time trying for them lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

watcher? I barely know her.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Switched to Watcher since I was tired of miserable Silent attempts and got the infinite online by the end of act 1. Kinda don't even want to play out another 3 acts doing Eruption>Inner Peace 500 times

e: thankfully got the slavers in act 2 and didn't draw Scrawl first turn so I died

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 17, 2023

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol I had to kill the transient like that for the trophy and it took like ten minutes. At least if you get the "enter calm if enemy intends to attack" card things go much faster. I've only aimed for Watcher infinites since playing her and you get them super regularly. Managed to finally get my "beat the game with 5 cards or less" trophy with her even when I pulled the Time Eater. Had two regular block cards and my wrath and calm cards lol. Outside of A10 and A20 my outstanding ones are

Beat the heart with the watcher. Figure next time I get an infinite deck with mental fortress I'll go for this.
Channel 9 plasma in one turn. I don't get this one at all. Every other trophy tends to push you towards a deck or idea you might not have thought of. This one seems like I'd have to create a deck solely to channel 9 plasma but not be that useful for anything else.
Win in 20 mins
Win with only common cards
Win with 1 relic

Will probably look up tips on the best way to approach these ones tbh. What are you guys thoughts?

I think I hate the act 2 elites the most. Act 1 I mostly avoid as I'll have nothing cooking yet but the three sentinels aren't too bad. The two gank squads in act 2 and the red mask robbers are all bastards though.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The 9 plasma one will probably happen pretty naturally on the blessed day you make a meteor strike deck. Use echo form, holograms and rebounds to play the same meteor strike over and over and do 100s of damage while generating 30 energy a turn. It's fun and can even work at high ascension, especially if you get Snecko

The 5 card deck one I got on my first try thanks to CLAW.

The 20 min one gave me a lot of trouble but eventually my Ironclad Whirlwind deck got that rare Act 3 event that lets you skip to the boss

The hardest is the no relics one, I got it with a defect deck that relied on Creative AI, but that wasn't the hard part. The hard part was not instinctively mashing through the after battle screens

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

yeah I eventually got the meteor strike one organically also. Winning with just commons I did I think with watcher using pressure points. No relics pissed me off because I took the act 3 event that fully upgrades your cards but makes it so you can't heal, which gives you a bad relic to prevent healing so I had to do it again

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I once blew no relics by getting Spirit Poop

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

P-Mack posted:

Lol ouch. I once blew it with Neow's Lament, killed the act 3 boss and thought it had bugged out for a couple of minutes before realizing what I'd done.
Also finished a run in 20:22.
Also took Donut down to 2 HP once when I knew I was drawing Feed the next turn. But I forgot I had Mercury Hourglass.

Anyway I did Ironclad for 20 minutes/common cards/1 relic, but Watcher wasn't in the game yet so she might be better for some of them. IC probably still the best for Light Speed, Burning Blood is huge for when you get sloppy and if you're lucky enough to get Whirlwind and Necronomicon you can wreck most hallways.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Akabeko, chemical x, bag of marbles, the Jax thing, there's a lot of stuff that really plays into Whirlwinding hallway fights in 3 seconds

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

P-Mack posted:

lmao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Spent two hours on hold with Verizon while doing A20 Silent runs. Should just get really into torturing mine own balls instead

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arch Nemesis posted:

yeah I eventually got the meteor strike one organically also. Winning with just commons I did I think with watcher using pressure points. No relics pissed me off because I took the act 3 event that fully upgrades your cards but makes it so you can't heal, which gives you a bad relic to prevent healing so I had to do it again

This one was the move! Took a couple tries to get the PP deck going as I kept only getting offered one and then I'd die in Act 2 to that rear end in a top hat grow who gives you a dazed every time you use a skill or power, or the orb with three artefact. Finally got it going with three PPs offered early and like three more offered in the whole run lol. Set a save state when I got to act 3 because I didn't want to lose to a misclick or something like that but ended up not needing it. Saw my clear time was 22 mins though. So ended up reloading the save state and trying to sprint act 3 and ended up getting the speed climber from it which is nice. Remaining runs are

A10
A20
One relic
Channel 9 plasma in a turn

Figure I'll probably do the non-plasmas with the watcher. Feel like the relic will be easiest if I go for her infinite deck.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
A what state?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

welcome posted:

A what state?

ps has cloud saves

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Excuse me?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

uhh. have we got an AC time travel time situation on our hands

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If it makes you feel better I've failed like three sure thing feeling builds for one relic runs because I simply cannot remember to stop taking relics at some random point. Got ambushed by the thieves just before a shop (they must do this on purpose) and got the final part of my infinite deck afterwards in the shop and felt great. Was like five floors later before I realised I'd gotten the red mask.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i don't care really. unless other people do in which case i agree with whoevers cumulatively cooler

edit: rereading it i would do the same. earn that cheevo by its own rules. play by the sword, die by the sword....

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finally got the one relic run. PP run again but it took so many tries to get a build good enough to survive and also win. Got to the awakened at one point but couldn't do anything in Phase 2 as had no energy to block. Had been holding out for "reduce card cost by 1 every turn they're retained" but never got it. Had a similar build this time but finally got Deva form so was able to beat Time Eater just in the the end. Absolutely miserable attempts trying to get it lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/758770151616282656/1109071453434941451/image0.jpg

This hurts cause it was kind of a weak run that barely scraped by the Act 3 bosses and Spear/Shield. But S/S dropped a Nightmare that combined with apparitions and catalyst gave me a plausible path to victory if I hadn't gotten that void on turn 2.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Pressurepoints on watcher can be a noob trap cause the only card that gives pressure points is pressure points itself so you gotta e pretty lucky to build a deck around it and watcher usually has much easier stuff to set up but also i suck as watcher. Bye

----------------

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

Pressurepoints on watcher can be a noob trap cause the only card that gives pressure points is pressure points itself so you gotta e pretty lucky to build a deck around it and watcher usually has much easier stuff to set up but also i suck as watcher. Bye

PP is common so you can often get two or three in act 1. It doesn't always work out but it's absurdly strong. Really feels like it must have been a remnant of something else. I think a solid PP deck is better even than a poison one and requires a lot less.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you can often get 2 or 3 maybe but you can often get 1 and then no others as well

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

b_d posted:

you can often get 2 or 3 maybe but you can often get 1 and then no others as well

Incredible statistical analysis bug deal. You can either get it or not get it. Holy smokes

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

PP is common so you can often get two or three in act 1. It doesn't always work out but it's absurdly strong. Really feels like it must have been a remnant of something else. I think a solid PP deck is better even than a poison one and requires a lot less.

Bug deals impeccable post aside, yes but once again youre still relying on getting the one card out of like 40 or whatever the watcher has to drop enough times to make it worthwhile before enemies outscale your dmg. It can happen but you gotta admit that having one card synergize practically only with one card (itself) is very limiting. its vrry powerful and fun when it does happen but i wouldnt rely on it when watcher has so many broken cards that can do more with more cards overall. Farewell

----------------

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
PP's fun but I think almost every other Watcher build kills things faster.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they hated the truth because i'm right. -jesus

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Bug deals impeccable post aside, yes but once again youre still relying on getting the one card out of like 40 or whatever the watcher has to drop enough times to make it worthwhile before enemies outscale your dmg. It can happen but you gotta admit that having one card synergize practically only with one card (itself) is very limiting. its vrry powerful and fun when it does happen but i wouldnt rely on it when watcher has so many broken cards that can do more with more cards overall. Farewell

Also if you can't kill everything instantly and you need to block, it doesn't work with TTTH and if you aren't stance switching Mental Fortress won't help you either. It does one thing reasonably well but doesn't interact with the rest of the deck.

Also it can be a problem when enemies like donu and deca have three stacks of artifact to chew through before PP can start ramping

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I feel like the best way to get into stuff like PP or claw is to get the first one off a transform and then get offered a second one in act 1 before your deck has come together

But PP still sucks even compared to claw. Rampage too

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
pressure point also matches up really poorly vs artifact or bosses with a cleanse effect or second stage or whatever. as you climb ascension levels then you're taking more and more chip damage getting your engine set up. I don't think I ever take it

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

That’s true for sure but I think a bit true of any build. I’ve gotten it enough times for it not to feel uncommon. I also feel in the mid ascended levels tou kind of need to pick and stick to a build early and kind of hope it pays off. For me anyway.