Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGwbwhcWkM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I heard the second plane hit on loving Howard Stern on my drive to community college, and then we got sent home and so I stood around with a bunch of other students in my little off campus cabin living area drinking Red Dog (I was 20 and there was this 22 year old that sold 30 packs all day for $15 after buying them for 9.99, the hero we need).

Then the woman who was supposed to live in the main house and keep an eye on all of us got activated into the Army Reserve, and her husband was basically never around so the upshot of this for me was that I remember bribing her 16 year old daughter with cigarettes to do our dishes once or twice, and also I think some of the older kids got into smoking pot with the even younger daughter, which sounded creepy.

basically america lost the war on drugs on 9/11 is what i am saying. Also, that is literally true and probably one of the reasons for the war

tee hee what a coincidink

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I was a sophomore in high school right near Dulles. We were evacuated so I went to a friends house and we watched anime. Not so tragic looking back on it.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

They didn’t deserve it done by the bush administration though . They did lose the popular vote after all

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoXt9pZLGM
i was in 5th grade when 9/11 happened
they made us watch this video after doing the pledge every morning for a year afterwards
thank you

When will America learn her actions serve only to breed terrorism?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my dad woke me up bawling his eyes out and I shoo'd him off and immediately went back to sleep because it was like 6 in the loving morning

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

more than two decades later and the bully still can't get over someone punching back lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

more than two decades later and the bully still can't get over someone punching back lmfao

yes this exactly. it owns

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
The only tragedy is that it wasn't 4 towers.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
A national tragedy for America should be a day of glorious celebration for all right thinking people but somehow I can't quite find it in my heart to be happy that the American president murdered some janitors (and finance workers too I guess) in order to try and conquer the Middle East.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

whoa 9/11 is gonna be old enough to get wasted this year!!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
https://i.imgur.com/2epnZC1.mp4

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Butternubs posted:

The only tragedy is that it wasn't 4 towers.

lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Is New York City really part of the nation? Or DC?

Does a single plane crash in Shanksville, PA really rise to the level of national tragedy.

mags
May 30, 2008

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the star wars/9-11 thread was an all-timer.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

on 9/11 my dad picked me up from school early and when i got home i just played an mmo for the rest of the day

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

on 9/11 my dad picked me up from school early and when i got home i just played an mmo for the rest of the day

which mmo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

nexus tk, which apparently is still around lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I was back east a few months ago and the people there still won't shut up about 9/11

I was in line for food and this group of Boston guys was in front of me and the old one was endlessly regaling the younger ones with his personal 9/11 tales

"Dude, I was on the ferry, this was right after 9/11, and somebody had left a suspicious package. On the ferry, dude. RIGHT AFTER 9/11. So I go up to the cop on the ferry and I'm like, hey, excuse me, suspicious package. A suspicious package on the ferry, right after 9/11. And he's like well what do you want me to do? And I'm like you're a cop sir, it's right after 9/11 and there's a suspicious package on public transit. C'mon, guy. So he takes a look and it's just some kid's backpack.

But this was right after 9/11, ya know?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Would Donald Trump have been the President without 9/11?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
every year the 9/11 decorations come out earlier

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

(to tune of Jesus was way cool by king missile) 9/11 was way cool

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

I was pissed because every other kid got picked up early and i was stuck in after school care b/c my parents couldn't get out of work

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I heard the second plane hit on loving Howard Stern on my drive to community college

Does anybody remember what he actually said on air in real-time?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
not even three thousand people. pretty low number when you think about it

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
im sad the pennsylvania plane missed its target

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
let’s face it, there were really only two planes that crashed. the others didnt count

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Most of the planes came from Logan airport, Boston baby #1 go sox

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
what happened on 9/11 again, yall? i forgot

lobster shirt posted:

nexus tk, which apparently is still around lol

2D MMOs have had such incredible staying power just because they were so unique, never played a game quite like Nexus TK before or since. Definitely a little surprising it's lasted this long, though. I'd think client problems would have killed it by now like they have with so many other legacy games.

Ragnarok Online is still around too

edit: wow wikipedia says they're down to around 300 active subs which is scary low for a game where players run so much of the content, shame :(

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 23:11 on Aug 17, 2022

mags
May 30, 2008

Mirthless posted:

a bunch of otherwise boring people had an awesome birthday

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mirthless posted:

2D MMOs have had such incredible staying power just because they were so unique, never played a game quite like Nexus TK before or since. Definitely a little surprising it's lasted this long, though. I'd think client problems would have killed it by now like they have with so many other legacy games.

Ragnarok Online is still around too

edit: wow wikipedia says they're down to around 300 active subs which is scary low for a game where players run so much of the content, shame :(

sickest weird rear end mmo i played was called Xenimus. it loving owned so hard. honestly one of my favorite games of all time. insanely hardcore. you dropped an item on death in some circumstances and there were single-on-server items worth hundreds of dollars lmfao. gear was loving hard to come by and you could die in under a second from a completely invisible assailant. 1hko death traps galore. at one point i was the richest man in the game with 1-on-server dirus armor and it looked loving badass. cant find a pic rn drat.

me and my boy also discovered that intel and wisdom didn't effect spell dmg at all and made a warlock who had 100% constitution who was absolutely unstoppable to the degree the dev reworked the entire stat system. epic poo poo

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
ever read that slash as an "or"? why is it always nine OR eleven? maybe the truth was ten all along. makes you think

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

(Johnny Ryan)

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Aug 18, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i like how Luke got his hand fixed just in time to die

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

not even three thousand people. pretty low number when you think about it

covid has completely shattered 9/11's record

:sad:

Fleetwood