Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I was back east a few months ago and the people there still won't shut up about 9/11

I was in line for food and this group of Boston guys was in front of me and the old one was endlessly regaling the younger ones with his personal 9/11 tales

"Dude, I was on the ferry, this was right after 9/11, and somebody had left a suspicious package. On the ferry, dude. RIGHT AFTER 9/11. So I go up to the cop on the ferry and I'm like, hey, excuse me, suspicious package. A suspicious package on the ferry, right after 9/11. And he's like well what do you want me to do? And I'm like you're a cop sir, it's right after 9/11 and there's a suspicious package on public transit. C'mon, guy. So he takes a look and it's just some kid's backpack.

But this was right after 9/11, ya know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zisky posted:

More than 1/3 of the 343 firefighters that died on 9/11 (including the chief of FDNY) were close enough to safety that they could have been saved from the north tower collapse if NYPD had told them the building was about to go down after police helicopters reported it was buckling.

But they didn't, oops.

a lot of the radios didn't work because of Giuliani's dumbass idea about using the wtc as a base of operations for some thing i cant remember, anyway it was his fault

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Literally for emergency situations. Yes, even after the 93 bombing. Rudy was always dumb as poo poo

it was related to one of his affairs iirc

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Still lolin

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
How is there not a 9/11 ride at Universal Studios by now? Everything else is fair game. C'mon.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/star-wars-911/1/

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

who is this Nazi mad scientist delivering a cake to Bush?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
in honor of 9/11 i might get away with doing zero work at work today

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
voting from the cockpits

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
that Bond movie where the Bond Girl is named 9/11 and she says 9/11 only comes once a year and Bond goes "au contraire" :smuggo:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I swear the 9/11 music gets played in stores earlier and earlier every year.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zeroisanumber posted:

Remember when the one tower got hit and a bunch of people in the other tower just kept working like it was a normal day?

Fire truck full of stolen denim.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Your father and I support the jobs the 9/11 will bring,

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"I work in the financial district of New York, and boy is business booming! I'm about to collapse from all of the work".

"Come on down! Get in on the ground floor!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

How does THAT not set off the Lunk Alarm? God!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I had to buy a loving DVD to watch this, like a medieval peasant, but I'm glad I possess it now because Nintendo or Disney or whoever is going to memory hole the gritty drunk Bob Hoskins Mario movie eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

eSports Chaebol posted:

they are already taking it off streaming services lest people accidentally put it on for their kids

I heard that was due to complications with the rights, but that seems more likely. THEY don't want you to know the truth about 1993's Super Mario Brothers!