Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will happen to Trump?
This poll is closed.
Trump has been compromised to a permanent end 29 14.29%
Trump weakened but intact. 52 25.62%
Dems Try, but fail 31 15.27%
Dem don't bother trying 38 18.72%
Hellworld: Trump Victorious 53 26.11%
Total: 203 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Simplex posted:

I'm going for the trifecta that Trump gets indicted, gets declared mentally unfit for trial, and still campaigns for 2024. I'm not certain if he still wins a Republican primary after being found unfit though.

Are you kidding? This is the same party that went all-in on a confessed, convicted kiddy-diddler as a serious candidate. He'll just spin it as a big-brain fakeout to get out of trouble, and his base will lap it up.

And before you say, "Well, the Republican party apparatus will surely act to primary him" - I'm sure they'll try, but they already tried that in 2016 and it didn't work then, largely because in the primaries with him in them their choices are 'try to out-bombast him', and 'try to present as an actual adult' - and neither of them are viable paths to victory for the vast majority of possible primary candidates.

Now, I don't particularly like his chances in the 2024 general, simply because he doesn't have the same mystery box appeal he did in 2016 - at least two moderates I know genuinely thought he'd be a moderate as president, albeit a somewhat more bombastic one than usual, simply because he didn't have the same record of open baby-eating ghoulishness as a career Republican. He doesn't have that 'unknown' factor any more: everyone knows he'll just be another Republican president, with an extra public helping of petty cruelty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU