Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
I think I'd like to try me some of that cuhcaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sure you've given it a solid effort

Lol get a load of this guy, thinking it gets solid

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings"

"That sounds great"

"Its a nightmare"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The purposefully awful casting for The Beatles.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Mordja posted:

From livahpeuuul

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Mordja posted:

lmao

the accents are incredible, especially jack blacks

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Beatles, please! Stop fighting here in India!

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Mordja posted:

Paul Rudd looking directly into the camera and saying "ehmahgyune" is an in-joke in our house lol.

god this thread is bringing everything back. Frankie Muniz as Buddy Holly and a good portion of his dialogue is just him repeating that he's Buddy Holly. Dewey yelling "TEMPTATIONS!" then it's The Temptations singing acapella lmao

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

lmao

the accents are incredible, especially jack blacks

“I’m the leader of the Beatles!”

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I'M DEWEYS 12 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dacap posted:

“I’m the leader of the Beatles!”

"UND WE'RE BEG FAHNS OF YORS DOO!"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm gonna have to get high and rewatch this movie tonight thanks to this thread

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I would love to have a catch with you

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

YOU AINT GONNA MAKE IT DEWEY

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember looking forward to this for so long, then it just didn't vibe with me one bit and I didn't finish it. I'm determined to give it another go and get it though, as it's definitely a 'me, not everyone else' situation. I remember not liking the kid playing the song at the beginning, but that's the only specific memory so a fresh slate for sure!

The severe lack of actual comedy movies these days kills me, there's literally like 2 or 3 a year. The rest are Mark Walberg and his adopted kids weak dramas that have maybe 2 jokes in them so they call them comedies.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Someday a biopic about the life of Joaquin Phoenix's will be made, and so many "wrong kid died" jokes will be made around the inevitable River death scene. I hope I live long enough to see it all come full circle.

Drano
Dec 21, 2004

BEST at removing tough clogs!
You know who's got hands? The devil! And he uses them for holding

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

EL BROMANCE posted:

I remember looking forward to this for so long, then it just didn't vibe with me one bit and I didn't finish it. I'm determined to give it another go and get it though, as it's definitely a 'me, not everyone else' situation. I remember not liking the kid playing the song at the beginning, but that's the only specific memory so a fresh slate for sure!

The severe lack of actual comedy movies these days kills me, there's literally like 2 or 3 a year. The rest are Mark Walberg and his adopted kids weak dramas that have maybe 2 jokes in them so they call them comedies.

Here's literally the whole movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UdDZ9xmcfk

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“Good morning, your honor. May I approach the bench?” I said this morning as I danced up to the toilet to take a piss lol

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yes, please give it a second chance. At least then you’ll have an honest excuse for it not clicking with you, and I can respect that :hai:

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 19, 2022

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I bought the album. Gweat wrechod!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

He needs more blankets and he needs less blankets!

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 19, 2022

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Fav running gag is Kristin Wiig as Dewey’s first wife and her growing number of babies that never seem to age

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You can take the children... but you leave me my monkey.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Best comedic use of a penis in history

What's this referring to in the movie

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this referring to in the movie

the tiny flaccid penis that just hangs out over Dewey's shoulder at the orgy while he's on the phone with his wife

In the interview listed above there were evidently takes where it just lingers for even longer with nobody even really talking after the phone call, which sounds hilarious

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Adrianics posted:

Dewey yelling "TEMPTATIONS!" then it's The Temptations singing acapella lmao

This joke hasn’t gotten enough praise itt. “OH GOD THE TEMPTATIONS” makes me giggle so much

https://youtu.be/s0sFAEvTVXY

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Thank you GBS, I know what I'm doing with my Saturday

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Watch it, and then watch the new Elvis movie, and suddenly the new Elvis movie will be just hilarious. It almost seems like a reverse parody of Walk Hard, like a sincere version of a fake movie.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Caesar Saladin posted:

Watch it, and then watch the new Elvis movie, and suddenly the new Elvis movie will be just hilarious. It almost seems like a reverse parody of Walk Hard, like a sincere version of a fake movie.

great idea man, thank you

thank yuh vury muuuch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rewatched it today. Goddamn.

A pretty serious case of being cut in half.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Speak English Doc we ain't no scientists.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"gently caress nobility!"
"gently caress Ancient Egypt!"
"gently caress..... cats!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Seriously one of the best comedies of all time. It's largely a parody of Walk The Line but the writing is so dense that they perfectly summed up and satirized so many musicians in record time. The Brian Wilson and Bob Dylan bits might be my favourite parts - that Dylan parody song, Royal Jelly, is incredibly well-written.

For bonus laughs, listen to some of the songs that didn't make it into the movie. I think it's an extended version of the midget folk ballad (but it might be its own song entirely), that has a verse where he says "I stand for the ___" and just riffs off basically every slur known to man. It's incredible they were even able to write and record this.

"Aahhh! The Temptations!!!"

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
this is probably one of my fave movies. i showed it to a friends parents with him and they all thought it was pretty good. i love singing the songs and if there was ever a chance to get all of the songs they recorded i would maybe cut someone in half for it.

(i heard they recorded a ton of songs with john reilly for the movie, more than what was put out)

people come here to dance erotically!!

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i will tear a sink off a wall one day

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Flinger died three minutes after this post

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This is culturally insensitive.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kristen Wiig's bangs fuckin lmao

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Poohs Packin posted:

"It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings"

"That sounds great"

"Its a nightmare"

"Did you hear what I said? It gives you a boner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I totally watched this for the 5th time last night, getting my girlfriend to watch it for the first time. I am really on a mission to spread this movie like I'm a Dewey Cox missionary.