Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The final Godsrain safe reveal is up. They're going to do a livestream next Tuesday where they reveal which god is getting the axe, as well as their slate of releases for War of the Immortals.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6t129?The-Godsrain-Prophecies-Part-Ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

bagrada posted:

The final Godsrain safe reveal is up. They're going to do a livestream next Tuesday where they reveal which god is getting the axe, as well as their slate of releases for War of the Immortals.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6t129?The-Godsrain-Prophecies-Part-Ten

My money's on Lamashtu at this point. She's the only god so far that hasn't been mentioned in any of these prophecies.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

gurragadon posted:

I have a question about items. Can players use an item of any level that they get or do they have to be the level of the item? I've been giving out a bunch of money to encourage people to look at all the items and they are able to afford stuff a level or two above them. It hasn't been an issue yet but I was wondering if there is an actual rule about it I missed.

In addition to what has been said, you'd be surprised how rarely giving someone a level 381 Artifact or whatever actually *breaks* the game. Like say you based your starting adventure around the fact one of the players has gotten their hands on Serithtial from the GM Core. It's a real good sword, and it's intelligent, plus it can Heal or Ring of Truth at super high level. It's certainly powerful enough to justify level 23.....but your low level bozos aren't getting any defense from that sword, so they are exactly as likely to die from getting hit. They are just slightly [And I do mean slightly] better at killing things first and healing after the fact. Moreover, the sword wants to be fighting an evil god and killing a powerful dragon. As your low level team can't actually do that, it's probably going to want you to find someone that can.

There's some plot attached to it, and one person is probably going to be bit more kill-y than they would have been, but fundamentally a low level campaign with that in it is going to have everyone operating the exact same as they always do. It's not even like they can sell it easily, it'd be an entire adventure just to find someone they trust to offload it on who can pay anything even vaguely near it's worth. Same holds true for most things. Like if someone is playing a wizard whose master has been killed, and they take up his Staff of Arcane Might. Ok, great. Staff rules are still what they are, 99% of the functionality of that staff is locked. It's just a neat thing that will level up in usefulness with them, but no more. Most items aren't going to really break the system over their knees, and going even *well* above your group level is fine as long as you are comfortable enough with the rules.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Plot twist: It's one of the "safe" gods that dies after all. It's the Age of Lost Omens, not the Age of Reliable Prophecy. Prophecy has explicitly been borked since the death of Aroden.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ZZT the Fifth posted:

My money's on Lamashtu at this point. She's the only god so far that hasn't been mentioned in any of these prophecies.

I'd be kinda bummed if so, I like Lamashtu a fair bit all things considered. :smith:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Seems weird to go through the trouble of retconning Lamashtu to be less edgy if they’re going to kill her off right afterwards.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Shelyn is in the new Tian Xia guide.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Lamashtu is my favorite, especially now that alignment isn't a thing. She's both a cool villain deity and an interesting choice for a PC patron. I really hope she sticks around and they kill off someone more boring.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gurragadon posted:

I have a question about items. Can players use an item of any level that they get or do they have to be the level of the item? I've been giving out a bunch of money to encourage people to look at all the items and they are able to afford stuff a level or two above them. It hasn't been an issue yet but I was wondering if there is an actual rule about it I missed.

I personally have it in my head that item level is more that it's expected that a player would be around that level by the time they have the necessary resources, reputation and connections to actually acquire said item.

A level 2 adventurer isn't typically going to have enough gold to purchase a level 15 piece of gear, for example.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope they kill Norgorber because it's such a dumb name.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I like Norgorber because he has such a silly name. Also, I like the theory that he is basically four halflings in a trenchcoat.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arrrthritis posted:

I hope they kill Norgorber because it's such a dumb name.

EVery time he shows up in an adventure path his cultists have come up with a even dumber name for him. Runelords gave us Father Skinsaw.

Also his demi-god avatar is just a BIg Scorpion. He sucks so loving bad.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Other gods that own: grandma spider and that dude who is just the god of being in awe at the size of that lad.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Kitfox88 posted:

Other gods that own: grandma spider and that dude who is just the god of being in awe at the size of that lad.
Grandma Spider owns and is the deity my Anadi ranger worships in Strength of Thousands

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Leave Nobgobbler alone.

Boring game story: Party dresses up as worshippers of Norgorber to sneak into a secret temple. Face of the party gets confronted, can’t remember Norgorbers real name “Open these gates in the name of…Nobgobbler?”

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's gonna be Torah, calling it now

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

The official Paizo poll is up for which god will die.

I voted Gorum, just because I think he is the most boring god of the remaining candidates. He doesn't seem to have any particularly interesting lore about him, so I think there is a lot of opportunity to replace him with someone more unique to the setting.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

VikingofRock posted:

The official Paizo poll is up for which god will die.

I voted Gorum, just because I think he is the most boring god of the remaining candidates. He doesn't seem to have any particularly interesting lore about him, so I think there is a lot of opportunity to replace him with someone more unique to the setting.

I voted the same, saying he's too one note and replacable, and the god of war dying to kick off a war of the immortals could be fun. I'm hoping its not Gozreh or Sarenrae.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I have a soft spot for gorum because of owlcat's version of amiri

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
When is the new mythic book with the god dying and the two new classes actually coming out?

Also do we know when the next playtest will come out?

For that matter isn't there a Starfinder 2e playtest scheduled? Do we know when that will show up?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All of my chips on Torag. This means it will definitely not be Torag.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ryuujin posted:

When is the new mythic book with the god dying and the two new classes actually coming out?

Also do we know when the next playtest will come out?

For that matter isn't there a Starfinder 2e playtest scheduled? Do we know when that will show up?

They're literally announcing when it comes out next Tuesday.

Next playtest: no idea, they're too busy promoting the epic/divine book to mention whatever the next big player-focused book will be after it.

They've been posting a class a month over here, and the proper playtest (with commemorative physical book if you want to have that kind of memorabilia) is happening next July-August.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Hopefully Sarenrae, Shelyn, and Gorum survive.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Both of my groups finished up Abomination Vaults, a lot of rips and a lot of fun. Almost all of them wanted to play again with me as the GM so we are doing Book 1 of Strength of Thousands.
I'm really missing the premium foundry module but pdftofoundry with some community maps will do. I'm so happy that the LATAM Pathfinder 2e community is growing

As an interesting note, we already had our first rip, that gremlin boss is no joke!

turboraton fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 16, 2024

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
My group also finished up AV, but we started Sky King's Tomb instead.

One of them has already been crowned the Stickleberry Sovereign and they've inadvertently passed a local gang's initiation rites trying to help a kid.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mister Olympus posted:

I have a soft spot for gorum because of owlcat's version of amiri

I love the pettiness that he always has to be the tallest guy in the room. However he chooses to manifest, wherever he is, be he a giant or a kobold, he will always be the tallest.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

If you care about that kind of thing. the War of the Immortals release date stream where they reveal which god dies (and a bunch of other stuff about that batch of releases) is starting now.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

The God of Audio died

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And of course the stream is scuffed, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Ooh, Commander and Guardian classes. I assume the former is like the 1e Marshal/Warlord/Cavalier, but I'm curious how Guardian will differ from Champion.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 17, 2024

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

RIP Gorum

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

3 Action Economist posted:

Ooh, Commander and Guardian classes. I assume the former is like the 1e Marshal, but I'm curious how Guardian will differ from Champion.

Really curious about it!
And I was so convinced for Torag that I was shocked when he only had 5% of the vote!

RIP Gorum

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

More War-like Warpriest! Warlord and secular tank! Not a god I care about dying!

A good stream.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Also a bunch of adventures and adventure paths that sound cool!

• Prey for Death, a 14th-level hardcover adventure where you play a team of Red Mantis Assassins doing a mission that's connected to all of this somehow
  • Curtain Call, the 11-20 adventure path that starts with an opera about your previous adventure and turns into the leadup to (and presumably experiencing the start of) the Godsrain and Gorum's death
  • Triumph of the Tusk, a 3-11 adventure path dealing with the fallout of one of the major orc gods going too deep and becoming a spawn of Rogavug

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 17, 2024

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

booooooo

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Huh, was not expecting that. Well, I guess I mentioned it as a possibility earlier in this thread, but by this point I was sure it would be either Torag or Lamashtu.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
in retrospect them picking a god much of the audience vaguely appreciated but no one would get mad about the death of, including their fans, was probably inevitable

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also between Divine Mysteries and War of the Immortals we're getting at least 7 class archetypes, which is more than I think we've had in the game since launch. Good, I've always thought they were an underused design space.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
By the way, since I missed that part of the stream, did they specify how Gorum was going to die? My specific idea from earlier in this thread was that Mahja Firehair would kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

By the way, since I missed that part of the stream, did they specify how Gorum was going to die? My specific idea from earlier in this thread was that Mahja Firehair would kill him.

They very specifically left that a mystery for the book.