Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/paizo/status/1630679767459438599

I was hoping for a 2.0 of Starfinder with the three action economy and all, but oh well. It is not a revised Corebook either, but more like a companion.

This looks like the kind of pf1e products they were coming out with to test 2.0 ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gonna play my first 2e session today, we're all brand new to the system so let's hope it goes well!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

Did it go well?

It did! It went fairly smoothly although we definitely found a couple things we'll have to make sure we did correctly for next time. We've been playing 4e for so long we had to get used to saving throws on all kinds of things again.

My barbarian raged and then crit on a swipe thanks to my musical support goblin and murdered two dudes and then almost killed a third from the crit specialty, so yeah. Good times.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Have the updates for the Player Core 2 already been published somewhere, or will we not know the finalized version until the book drops? I'm tired and google is failing me atm

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thank you!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oh hey, another silly question: Has Paizo said anything about remastering non-core classes like Magus, etc?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I played the absolute gently caress out of 3.5 and 4e and I'm loving pf2 after a few sessions. It's just a good framework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It functioned ok during the on-level fight. Certainly much better. At that point the DR feels much more like it matters so Intercept Strike is more useful. Taunt is also much more functional, mostly because of encounter math. Also Raise Tower Shield + Armor Prof's high AC means that Hampering strikes becomes a big problem for your opponents as they are gonna have trouble connecting to get rid of you. However, the biggest problem I have is that 4e Defenders felt like guys who were out there contributing as active participants, and part of their kit was "Might be a good idea to target me, just sayin'" Whereas this guy feels much more passive, like a bodyguard who jumps in front of punches, or a tar pit. I'm sure some people are going to love that but I found it really yucky.

I had more here about how busted Hampering Strikes was and such but there's nothing else much to say. The class is just a big miss for me personally. Even in the on-level fights I was thinking about how a Fighter can do a lot of the same things, functionally, and actually has real offense.

My first thought when I read the class was that it has, like, no good enforcement mechanic.