Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pathfinder bundle just dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Andrast posted:

Nothing and that's cool

I liked the old system because it encouraged me to try out character types I would've passed over if there wasn't a mechanical incentive.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goons tend to recommend Stars Without Numbers over Starfinder but I could never tell the difference, they're both d20 systems to me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

bagrada posted:

For someone who grew up on Forgotten Realms/Dragonlance books, and is annoyed that they stopped making them, are any of the Pathfinder Tales novels notably good or bad?

I read one. It was the most aggressively :mediocre: story I'd ever read; not bad but definitely not good. Characters were thrust together through circumstances and had to use their skills to survive a trip to a dungeon to get whatever poo poo the plot had demanded. Looking back on it I remember nothing about the resolution to the story other than they'd won.

Think it was by Ed Greenwood.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Being evil is played out. They should run a Chaotic/Neutral Bolshevik who kills every noble you send your party to rescue.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kvantum posted:

Now the idea might be that it's an active part of the diabolical plot. An more insidious evil, creeping even deeper into mortal hearts as an "I Can't Believe it's not Slavery" kind of thing. Still, it just feels forced and performative, almost, rather than actual and genuine.

So much more profitable to exploit workers than it is to pay for their room and board.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How's 2e Gunslinger play? Yee haw or yee nah?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

disposablewords posted:

The token normal guy in the group of complete weirdos is always good for a laugh. I appreciate Greg.

Teen Girl Squad isn't going to be the same now that D&D Greg switched roleplaying systems.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Black Noise posted:

Is the plural Mageese or Magi and who lied to me :ohdear:

You're thinking of a goose wizard.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sure there's lots of people tired of being a murderhobo who'd enjoy being a legally sanctioned murderresident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

xK1 posted:

Managed to get into the Pathfinder Society Special last night at GenCon where we faced the most fearsome enemy my character has ever encountered:

Yikes, not many people can survive a jackalope attack