Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017
How does PF2E handle encounters? Is there an XP budget (or something similar)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017
I have read most of the PF2E main rulebook, but never played it myself. How "tactical" do the players need to actually be in order to play the game? Some of the people that I regularly play with have a hard time doing well in any sort of tactical situations, so I am wondering if PF2E might not be the best system for our group ...

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017
Dumb question, but is there a guide somewhere on how to create custom ancestries? I am thinking of converting a homebrew setting to PF2E, but it doesn't use standard elf/dwarf/etc ancestries.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017

Silver2195 posted:

What kinds of custom ancestries do you have in mind? Existing ancestries might work with a bit of reskinning; there’s rules for a bunch of different kinds of animal people, for example (and there will be even more when Howl of the Wild comes out next year). Having said that, PF2’s handling of anything with wings or multiple arms is somewhat awkward.

Yes, I will be borrowing from other ancestries as much as possible.

For past games, I have generally given each group the default human abilities plus one additional special ability (that could be used once per game). One group had the ability to reroll a single die, one group had the ability to speak with dead, one group had the ability to ignore a single damage that they received, etc. Generally kind of weird and powerful abilities, but they could only be used once per game.