Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

CottonWolf posted:

The Egypt expy gets points for going all in on the stupid though. According to the lore, the Earth's Ancient Egyptian pantheon is the same as Osirion's because they're literally the same gods. At some point they decided to gently caress off from Golarian and go and live on Earth instead.

That's basically the excuse given for real-world gods being found in settings like the Forgotten Realms, or even more broadly, Planescape. It's a fine old tradition among D&D and its descendants that various gods just set up franchises in multiple worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yo get a loving band going.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I'm fuckin' terrified of this one:

quote:

Ancestry/Heritage: Goblin (Irongut Goblin)
Background: Cook
Class: Oracle
(Optional) 2nd Level Archetype: Ghoul

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

In case it helps anyone make a decision, the overlap between this and the Strength of Thousands bundle last year is pretty light and mostly confined to the bottom tier - the core rulebook, Bestiary, Lost Omens World Guide and Character Guide, and the character sheet pack. Unless I missed something, only five items shared between the two. (I say this as someone who bought the SoT bundle, redeemed it all, then sat on it until just recently and then this popped up. In case anyone else is like me.)

EDIT: vvvv Well fixing that mistake. I checked again and again and somehow still missed that, I guess because I got wrapped up in checking the flip-mat PDFs.

disposablewords fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 3, 2023

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Except by that point it's gone beyond kind of sad to keep reusing to downright infuriating and that's why it makes the enemy keep getting debuffed, because they're distracted by this smug twit in their face just constantly telling the same joke like it's funny again and again and aaaaagh.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Got Treasure Vault and just LOL at how awesome Mutagen Alchemists are conceptually. They basically turn the entire party into their experiments, handing out collars that auto-inject Mutagen (and cause one point of damage) during initiative roles.

I mean sure they're not as good as a straight martial character in combat but straight martial character can't give you a breath mint that cures the sickened condition when you bite it, can they? Can they have their rat with human hands run over to your unconscious body and put a potion in your mouth? Didn't think so.

Skunk Bombs are also CRAZY support weapons, just insane. Sadly as a Mutagen Alchemist you need to be hopped up on Bestial Mutagen Goofballs and taking Wrestler so you can grab guys, bite them, and throw them into your spellcaster's AOE or piledrive them into the ground, so you won't be using those. But still.

This post is one of the single best advertisements I've seen for PF2e and I really need to share it with my friends who are fence-sitting about the system.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

"I'm not hyping it, it's just really great and amazing and look at all this wonderful stuff it does already and me and my whole group love using it, that's all."

Also,

Lamuella posted:

I'm entirely fine with Paizo not cutting off an income stream for artists tbh.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Depending on how much you want to deal with it, could just be serious chat time with the player in question. Like why evil, what do they want to get up to, can they be trusted to play in a way that doesn't gently caress over the party, stuff like that. Would the player be fine with short-sighted moves blowing up in their face, or are they expecting no consequences for being a dickbag?

A bit of friction can be interesting if it's not enough to start fires, in and out of character. But I admit I'm quite lucky to know that I could trust literally anyone in my normal group if one said they wanted to be Evil when the others aren't, especially if we took the time to chat it out a bit during a session zero.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Also, sometimes people are just bad at knowing how much noise they're making. You've tuned out that slight sniffle you've got, or you're stepping a little heavier than you think you are, but someone else will absolutely notice it. Someone really skilled in it is gonna have a better idea of that, yeah, but can still slip up.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Chevy Slyme posted:

I mean, it's bad, but I have never had this issue across firefox, safari, and chrome on multiple platforms/devices.

Just to make it even more confusing, I do have this issue in Chrome on my desktop but not in Chrome on my laptop. They're both Win10 machines as well and kept updated. Just for some reason my desktop and Paizo's site laugh and tell each other to screw off.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The token normal guy in the group of complete weirdos is always good for a laugh. I appreciate Greg.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

"Helping people and having official support for it" is an appealing fantasy to a lot of people. But also fictional violence is exciting so of course when you try to write that idea into a game you're just gonna be a cop and whoops people start thoughtlessly putting crap like strike-breaking in.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Okay, so outright just an excuse for why PCs can be cops but also won't get in trouble for looting everything they can off the people they "arrest." Something that could have been played in a kind of darkly funny way, but sounds like it went a little more uncomfortably sincere.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Has Paizo said anything about offering updated core book PDFs for those who already own the core in PDF, when the update comes out? I'm not going to be all that fussed if not, all that information is basically going to be on AON or something, but it'd obviously be convenient.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Chevy Slyme posted:

There’s no special deal that I know of - it’s just “hey buy these new PDFs, or keep using AoN”. It is a whole new book, completely rewritten and reorganized, even if the rules being described in that new book are largely similar or the same.

That said, there’ll probably be a humble bundle in 2025 or whatever if you’re committed to waiting long enough.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected. And not really bothered by it, but still curious enough to ask. Thanks.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Hot drat, yes, I want to be a civil engineer wizard.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Lean into the family/community aspect by considering your party your family to protect and guide, maybe. Or broaden your definition of community to be more than a village or neighborhood, maybe get proactive about the idea of "threats" to it.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

marshmallow creep posted:

Safeguard your community by going outside your community and killing all the threats to it. :911:

Yes, pretty much what I was thinking. Though it's also a fair justification for chasing down whatever giant disastrous villain there is in your campaign, just because "well poo poo, someday not-Sauron is coming for my not-Shire no matter what."

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Andrast posted:

It's not like that character would work any better in 5e tbh

Ooof, no, at that point just play a freaking Bard. That idea is pulled way too thin for a Rogue even in 5e.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

It's an encore of the "try out Pathfinder" bundle from February, with as far as I can tell no new additions. So if you already got that, you're golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

How is "Guns" as an Adventure Path? Because getting the whole AP is a liiiittle bit pricier than usual for such things since the last part is on the "and all the Foundry modules" tier.