Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rPg2dvTIY

This includes the bits from june thru august of this summer where I bootstrapped original character faces, sorta cracked compositionality via multiprompts, and incidentally taught it how to write legible text

(I don't even learn about aspect ratios until a minute or so in lol)

Elotana fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Elotana posted:

OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rPg2dvTIY

This includes the bits from june thru august of this summer where I bootstrapped original character faces, sorta cracked compositionality via multiprompts, and incidentally taught it how to write legible text

(I don't even learn about aspect ratios until a minute or so in lol)

This was really well put together. Well done.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Thanks, I literally know nothing about video editing so this was just me hunting and pecking in Premiere from first principles :shepface:

I'm already kicking myself for not tweening the image prompt bootstraps into the lower-left corner to make the process more clear

ickna
May 19, 2004

madmatt112 posted:

People who make ai images please post links to your albums or something so I can see what other goons are sorceling up.

I'm posting all mine to https://www.instagram.com/ickn_ai/

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Elotana posted:

Thanks, I literally know nothing about video editing so this was just me hunting and pecking in Premiere from first principles :shepface:

I'm already kicking myself for not tweening the image prompt bootstraps into the lower-left corner to make the process more clear

I feel like the video is way too fast, though. I watched it at 25% speed just to have a chance to read the prompts and actually look at the images, because the latter is the whole point, and seeing how the AI interpreted the prompt is the best part of these things.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Yeah that's another thing I'd probably change. I figured people would watch it once just for the overall arc and then scroll back for any prompts that interested them. Oh well, maybe I'll make another one once they launch the new models that supposedly will be best of both worlds.

ickna
May 19, 2004

Cookie monster as single-cell organisms.

Prompt was “cookie monster cookies, onlyfans, tumblr” lol

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hey where’d you get a picture of my blood cells?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hi everyone, I followed this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/832491/how-to-run-stable-diffusion-locally-with-a-gui-on-windows/
but when I run the file I just get a python not detected error, even if I am running python. Any ideas?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hi everyone, I followed this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/832491/how-to-run-stable-diffusion-locally-with-a-gui-on-windows/
but when I run the file I just get a python not detected error, even if I am running python. Any ideas?

Without having the time to read the guide itself, I’ll ask:

If you type ‘python’ in a command line or power shell window, does a python interpreter load up? Or does it give you a “python isn’t a recognized command, blah blah” error?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Oh hey, I posted this in the solo rpg thread and just realized I could also post this here:

```````

Because I am easily distracted by shiny objects, I've been playing around with AI art, and thought it would be a great tool for solo RPGs. To test this hypothesis, I'm playing a game of The Wretched and instead of writing or narrating the game, I figured it would be cool to do a graphic novel with the AI Art (midjourney) as the artist. If this works out (and it seems like it does), I'll go back to my Starforged game using midjourney.

Since I'm doing something visually, I'm not playing completely by the book. One, I'm not using a tower because it would be kind of lovely for the ship to blow up at a random time halfway through. Also, I've pre-picked all the cards so I can do art for it. I already know what's coming. I likely won't actually play every single card for narrative reasons. Several pages of minutia aren't exciting unless I can squeeze some cool back story out of it.

Here's what I have as a first draft so far... let me know what you think because my life is only validated by others.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

madmatt112 posted:

Without having the time to read the guide itself, I’ll ask:

If you type ‘python’ in a command line or power shell window, does a python interpreter load up? Or does it give you a “python isn’t a recognized command, blah blah” error?

Thanks for replying, so that took me to the windows store and acted like I didn't have it installed (I do) so I installed it and that solved that problem, now I have another problem (couldn't install torch).

Edit: worked out how to install Torch!

Bacon Terrorist fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 27, 2022

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Thanks for replying, so that took me to the windows store and acted like I didn't have it installed (I do) so I installed it and that solved that problem, now I have another problem (couldn't install torch).

Edit: worked out how to install Torch!

feelsgood

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Turns out web gui doesnt work with a GTX 1650 Super, feels bad. Do I have to completely start again or is it easy to just run without the web gui (apparently that resolves the issue).

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Did you ever get it to work on your 1650?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait, a 1650? I run this on the regular 1060 and it works fine :v:
85C is managable temperature, why do you ask?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
My first experiments with Midjourney:

"a black and white film photo of a hopeless desert mountain range lit by despair and skyscrapers of snow"

"a black and white film photo of a lost desert civilization landscape"

"a black and white film photo of a snowstorm with dark ruins fading into the distance"

Is there a way for me to AI upscale the images created by Midjourney to an even higher resolution?

e: It looks like Topaz Gigapixel AI is my best bet.

Peteyfoot fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 7, 2022

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

"A man with Neil Gaiman's hair, Alan Moore's beard, and Sergio Aragones's moustache."

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Gynovore posted:

"A man with Neil Gaiman's hair, Alan Moore's beard, and Sergio Aragones's moustache."

That’s scary accurate

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Midjourney + Gigapixel:

"dark imperfection amongst quasars and pulsars"

"I'd rather die before I get sold"

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Fooling around with Midjourney. Not too similar to my prompt but I like it.

"an endlessly sprawling bazaar, guards with sundials for heads patrol, men made of broadsheets hawking news, painting, fine details, long shot, highly detailed, bird's eye view "

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Proletarian Mango posted:

Fooling around with Midjourney. Not too similar to my prompt but I like it.

"an endlessly sprawling bazaar, guards with sundials for heads patrol, men made of broadsheets hawking news, painting, fine details, long shot, highly detailed, bird's eye view "

Looks like a riff on Escher's Print Gallery.

Secrios
Dec 17, 2012

Secrios
*snip*

Secrios fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 12, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
So, about 3 am yesterday morning, while super drunk and high I managed to get a local install running on my PC. Apparently I understand Python when I am blackout. I had two very fun hours making beautiful Mediterranean women in the style of James Whitehouse. I shut it down and went to bed.

Anyway, 12 hours later…how do I relaunch this goddam thing?

Edit: never mind. I am aggressively stupid.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 5, 2022

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Turns out that Automatic's webgui requires *exactly* Python 3.10.6. The latest version makes the installer go kablooie.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Gynovore posted:

Turns out that Automatic's webgui requires *exactly* Python 3.10.6. The latest version makes the installer go kablooie.

That's not true, I updated to python 3.10.8 and had to reinstall automatic and it worked fine. Maybe it doesn't work with the latest version though.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That's not true, I updated to python 3.10.8 and had to reinstall automatic and it worked fine. Maybe it doesn't work with the latest version though.

Weird. When I tried it with the latest 3.11.0 the installer failed to install Pytorch correctly, but it worked under 3.10.6.

What's with all the AI-generated Bernie avatars I've been seeing lately?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Marsupial Ape posted:

So, about 3 am yesterday morning, while super drunk and high I managed to get a local install running on my PC. Apparently I understand Python when I am blackout. I had two very fun hours making beautiful Mediterranean women in the style of James Whitehouse. I shut it down and went to bed.

Anyway, 12 hours later…how do I relaunch this goddam thing?

Edit: never mind. I am aggressively stupid.

You can't say that and then not post samples. :argh:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Doctor Zero posted:

You can't say that and then not post samples. :argh:

These are the very first ones I got it to make initially. I'm currently reading up on prompt grammar and poo poo.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Oh hey, CC has an AI art thread as well! CC is definitely the right place for one, IMO, but just in case, there is at least two more AI art threads on SA that I know of:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843860

Myself, I've been generating a shitton of art by my tabletop RPG games. (And also just doing a lot of loving around.) Picture tax:

I wanted to see how many distinct characters I could generate with a single person, so I spent a whole day generating Jon Hamms:

I also spend way to much time just generating cool portraits of pretty celebrities:

The postapocalyptic game I am currently running is going to heavily feature uplifted human-like animals, so I've had to learn to generate furries anthro characters. I made some to represent my players. They hate them, lol:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Your players are cowards, those are awesome! Also I can definately name a few of those celebrities, but all of them would make great NPCs.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there a Stable Diffusion equivalent to Midjourney's Showcase? Specifically I want to easily browse images generated by Stable Diffusion and have access to the prompts that created them.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Peteyfoot posted:

Is there a Stable Diffusion equivalent to Midjourney's Showcase? Specifically I want to easily browse images generated by Stable Diffusion and have access to the prompts that created them.

Lexica.art is something similar. It think that when Stable Diffusion was in beta, people were allowed to publicly generate art on the official discord server, and this site scraped and indexed millions of the generated images. Lexica also recently added their own free image generation to the site, so if you see an image you like, you can copy and modify the prompt to generate new images.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

BoldFace posted:

Lexica.art is something similar. It think that when Stable Diffusion was in beta, people were allowed to publicly generate art on the official discord server, and this site scraped and indexed millions of the generated images. Lexica also recently added their own free image generation to the site, so if you see an image you like, you can copy and modify the prompt to generate new images.

Thank you, that's perfect!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Peteyfoot posted:

NightCafe often includes the prompts used to generate the SD art. It seems to be up to each individual creator, though.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
cowards

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
If you're running Stable Diffusion locally, or at least are interested in doing so, I found this cool locally-run Discord bot. I've got it running on my private server for my friends. The instructions for installing it are pretty straightforward.

https://github.com/AmericanPresidentJimmyCarter/yasd-discord-bot

The whole thing in FOSS, which is nice. And the developer is super friendly, chill, and helpful. Attached is an example of what the bot looks like in a Discord channel.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I have Stable Diffusion installed locally, but I haven’t had much time to futz with it like I want. Is there a beginner’s guide to what grammar/syntax to use when drafting a prompt?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
You might find these handy:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17VPu3U2qXthOpt2zWczFvf-AH6z37hxUbvEe1rJTsEc/ <--- Short google doc that makes great points, concrete examples, good overview.

https://openart.ai/promptbook <--- Much less concise and less example-filled than it should be IMO, but does make some good points like the earlier in the prompt a word or term is, the more "important" it is considered to be, and you can therefore get different results from just re-ordering words in the prompt (and other such tips).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The Eyes Have It posted:

You might find these handy:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17VPu3U2qXthOpt2zWczFvf-AH6z37hxUbvEe1rJTsEc/ <--- Short google doc that makes great points, concrete examples, good overview.

https://openart.ai/promptbook <--- Much less concise and less example-filled than it should be IMO, but does make some good points like the earlier in the prompt a word or term is, the more "important" it is considered to be, and you can therefore get different results from just re-ordering words in the prompt (and other such tips).

Very cool. Exactly what I was thinking of. I do like the mad libs comparison.