Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

gently caress it I’m posting some more because the thread is slow and my wife is already so sick of hearing about this

I'll listen to ya, buddy! I'm in the same boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

Hell yeah! I realized the link to Midjourney’s discord is absent in the OP, so there it is for anyone else. Discord is the only (I think) way to interact with the MJ service, but their website is cool and good - especially the live catalogue where users’ generations are listed. It’s pretty slick. Here’s my profile. The website does require a Discord login to see the catalogue/feed side of things, unfortunately no anonymous/unauth browsing but Discord is pretty anonymous if you want it to be.

The MJ discord has a ton of channels - many are for generation, some are show and tell, obviously some general discussion/FAQ type stuff, but one of the most interesting is #prompt-craft wherein people discuss and explore how to, well, craft prompts.

This whole model of “feed AI words, get image output” starts to get kinda freaky for me. Prompt crafting, whether you’re aware that’s what you’re doing or not, is in that uncanny valley between “regular computer-touching to make it do what I want” and “seance with an alien intelligence to understand how it interprets language by reverse engineering what it paints on the wall after I tell it something”.

I’m really interested in what Disco Diffusion can do, but sadly haven’t had the time to get over the learning curve nor have had the patience to wait for its iterations - especially when MJ often takes literal seconds to output.

Haha. You do sound pretty excited. I'm an artist by trade, so equal parts excited and also terrified over here.

If you want help with figuring out Disco, let me know. It's my favorite generator so far, but the results are a lot more evocative, instead of specific.