Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I discovered Midjourney today and holy poo poo was I ever underestimating what this AI image generation crap can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

gently caress it I’m posting some more because the thread is slow and my wife is already so sick of hearing about this

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

I'll listen to ya, buddy! I'm in the same boat.

Hell yeah! I realized the link to Midjourney’s discord is absent in the OP, so there it is for anyone else. Discord is the only (I think) way to interact with the MJ service, but their website is cool and good - especially the live catalogue where users’ generations are listed. It’s pretty slick. Here’s my profile. The website does require a Discord login to see the catalogue/feed side of things, unfortunately no anonymous/unauth browsing but Discord is pretty anonymous if you want it to be.

The MJ discord has a ton of channels - many are for generation, some are show and tell, obviously some general discussion/FAQ type stuff, but one of the most interesting is #prompt-craft wherein people discuss and explore how to, well, craft prompts.

This whole model of “feed AI words, get image output” starts to get kinda freaky for me. Prompt crafting, whether you’re aware that’s what you’re doing or not, is in that uncanny valley between “regular computer-touching to make it do what I want” and “seance with an alien intelligence to understand how it interprets language by reverse engineering what it paints on the wall after I tell it something”.

I’m really interested in what Disco Diffusion can do, but sadly haven’t had the time to get over the learning curve nor have had the patience to wait for its iterations - especially when MJ often takes literal seconds to output.

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 2, 2022

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Sneeze Party posted:

Disco Diffusion does take a long time, like 10 or 15 minutes per render for most people, but the results tend to be a lot more unique and surprising than the other platforms.

If you want to check it out, the easiest way is through Visions of Chaos. You can also use Stable Diffusion from within Visions of Chaos. SD is kind of like Midjourney in that it's fast and the outputs are really neat. Be aware that the total install size for Visions of Chaos is like 200 or 300 gigs. You're getting *a lot of stuff* to mess around with in it.

Also, I'm updating the second post with some useful websites and resources.

I gotta get more solid state storage

e: and a bigger GPU apparently lol

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 7, 2022

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Sneeze Party posted:

Stable Diffusion has forks now, which are available in Visions of Chaos, that'll run on 4-6gb of RAM. So any 8gb card will handily run it, and run it pretty darn well.

That being said, always get a bigger GPU :)

I have a 6GB nvidia gtx 1660 super. It’s incredible for gaming and whatnot, but it’d be the absolute bare minimum for ML workloads it seems. Probably still worth a try!

I wrote a small blog about my few days’ adventures in this space if anyone wants to see it. Don’t know what the forum policy on linking to a personal WP site is.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Sitting Here posted:

Assuming you mean a wordpress blog, of course! I don't see a reason to not link it unless it contains something hateful or unsavory. And since I'm here--do you want a thread tag other than shitpost?

Great thread!

https://matthew-field.ca/2022/09/07/making-a-i-art/

Ah, yes, my profile links to my old site. Thanks.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Somebody good with time budgeting please help me my work time is starving

Also had a Goblin muse today.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

I asked Midjourney to make Shrek as photographed by Annie Leibovitz. It wasn’t pretty.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

People who make ai images please post links to your albums or something so I can see what other goons are sorceling up.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Elotana posted:

OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rPg2dvTIY

This includes the bits from june thru august of this summer where I bootstrapped original character faces, sorta cracked compositionality via multiprompts, and incidentally taught it how to write legible text

(I don't even learn about aspect ratios until a minute or so in lol)

This was really well put together. Well done.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hi everyone, I followed this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/832491/how-to-run-stable-diffusion-locally-with-a-gui-on-windows/
but when I run the file I just get a python not detected error, even if I am running python. Any ideas?

Without having the time to read the guide itself, I’ll ask:

If you type ‘python’ in a command line or power shell window, does a python interpreter load up? Or does it give you a “python isn’t a recognized command, blah blah” error?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Thanks for replying, so that took me to the windows store and acted like I didn't have it installed (I do) so I installed it and that solved that problem, now I have another problem (couldn't install torch).

Edit: worked out how to install Torch!

feelsgood