Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Oh thank gently caress! Thank you for creating this, Sneeze Party. I wanted an AI thread, but I didn't want to have to create it.

I've been messing with Midjourney for a couple of weeks and it's pretty drat close to what I've wanted for ... forever, really. Good imagination + :effort: learning art = AI ART MOTHAFUCKA!

Glad to have other goons with me falling down the rabbit hole - like a lot of you my wife just tunes out when I start blathering about the 500 versions of a D&D character I made. I am getting in this heavily - I have a ton of ideas for uses for this (which I'll be doing well if I even use ONE).

I didn't know you can run this stuff local. I have a super beefy MacBook Pro 16" M2 - would it be better to build a dedicated windows (:barf:) machine for this?

here's my profile: https://www.midjourney.com/app/users/355140082325389312/

Lately I've been messing with the "puppet" method found here, trying to get a consistent character in different environments. I've had mixed success. https://docs.google.com/document/u/...aign=midjourney

Making Goth Wood Elves:

I managed to somehow make a whole series of cosplay pics: :iiam:

Character studies:

Tried to do some Ripley inspired things and it got really fixated on "orange"

Obligatory HR Giger rip-offs

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Duuk posted:

I had no idea AI image generation had come this far. Amazing stuff.
Those Disco Diffusion naval/space action scenes are extremely my poo poo.

How does this work in terms of copyright? I got the impression from the Stable Diffusion site that it's "free cor non-commercial and commercial use," meaning you own the image you generate?
If someone else uses the exact same keywords, will they get the exact same image, or is there some sort of infinite seed/iteration mathemagic going on in the background?

How much time would it take studying this stuff to make something like the abovementioned spacey scenes if there's a particular scenario in mind? It'd make a hell of a book cover.

Copyright/Commercial use - It depends on the service. Midjourney allows commercial use of images depending on subscription. Free/Trial subs can use commercially with CC attribution. Anything else can be freely used for commercial use, although if you make more than $1 mil a year you are supposed to subscribe to the corporate tier. My understanding is most (if not all) services allow commercial use.

Note that under current Copyright law, art has to be created by a human to be able to be Copyright protected. I'm sure that will be changing at some point in the future (when big companies like Disney start using it).

How much time? It's like any other skill, but it's easy to use, difficult to master. You could do something like that picture within minutes. It's when you start wanting specific things (a red dreadnaught with 16 phaser banks firing on a Danubian star cruiser that looks like a giant Henry Kissinger) that it starts to turn into an 'art rather than a science' so to speak. You can use anyone's prompts and you will NOT get the same results. Midjourney does use a seed, but even with re-using that, it seems each work is unique, even if it's in small ways. Further, there are a shitton of parameters you can add to change things like focal length, lighting, time spent pondering the work, how much the AI can be creative, etc. etc.

E: by the way, this is what that dreadnaught prompt gives me in Midjourney.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 12, 2022

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Sneeze Party posted:

No offense to the Midjourney poster above. That's good stuff.

Thanks! None taken! Now that I know I can run stuff like this locally, you can be sure I am going to try. I saw on the Stable Diffusion site that they are working on a Mac M1/M2 client, so that will be perfect.

I've been wondering what Midjourney would do if you fed it famous quotes. Here are some.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

Gozer the Traveller, he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants they chose a new form for him... that of a Giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zulls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

I am groot.

I have had it with these motherfreakin' snakes on this motherfreakin' plane! (It wouldn't take 'gently caress' so I had to improvise)

What the mother father cocker spaniel is going on here? (this is the only Sam Jackson line I could think of that doesn't have swears :haw:)

Honey? Where's my super suit? (okay, I lied - that too)

Just keep swimming.

With great power comes great responsibility.

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome. :swoon:

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS! (I like how one of them has five)

Not the bees!

What is this? A center for ants?

You shall not pass!

Why so serious? (Mj definitely knows about Batman)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Hey where’d you get a picture of my blood cells?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Oh hey, I posted this in the solo rpg thread and just realized I could also post this here:

```````

Because I am easily distracted by shiny objects, I've been playing around with AI art, and thought it would be a great tool for solo RPGs. To test this hypothesis, I'm playing a game of The Wretched and instead of writing or narrating the game, I figured it would be cool to do a graphic novel with the AI Art (midjourney) as the artist. If this works out (and it seems like it does), I'll go back to my Starforged game using midjourney.

Since I'm doing something visually, I'm not playing completely by the book. One, I'm not using a tower because it would be kind of lovely for the ship to blow up at a random time halfway through. Also, I've pre-picked all the cards so I can do art for it. I already know what's coming. I likely won't actually play every single card for narrative reasons. Several pages of minutia aren't exciting unless I can squeeze some cool back story out of it.

Here's what I have as a first draft so far... let me know what you think because my life is only validated by others.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Gynovore posted:

"A man with Neil Gaiman's hair, Alan Moore's beard, and Sergio Aragones's moustache."

That’s scary accurate

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Marsupial Ape posted:

So, about 3 am yesterday morning, while super drunk and high I managed to get a local install running on my PC. Apparently I understand Python when I am blackout. I had two very fun hours making beautiful Mediterranean women in the style of James Whitehouse. I shut it down and went to bed.

Anyway, 12 hours later…how do I relaunch this goddam thing?

Edit: never mind. I am aggressively stupid.

You can't say that and then not post samples. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

The Eyes Have It posted:

No Man's Sky next-gen leak looks pretty dope

That is Rillanng Kish IX's rear end!