Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ickna
May 19, 2004

I've been getting into this in a big way. Something about it finally clicked now that I can run SD locally and iterate faster than the online tools.

May have gone and bought a new 3080 today because of it, lol.. I'm posting most of my stuff on instagram as @ickn_ai if you want to check it out.

The best thing I've found is to guide the general composition with input images, and then building on those. I took a photo of one of these weird rear end tabasco peppers I grew this summer and fed it into SD, and asked for it to be a scientific textbook illustration.. and the way it does letters is just incredible. I can't wait to use this as a tool to develop ideas and starting points for artwork that I would finish out and detail myself.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ickna
May 19, 2004

Here are a few more from my pepper explorations. I'm working out some ideas for labels for my home made hot sauces.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ickna
May 19, 2004

I'm using stable-diffusion-ui - https://github.com/cmdr2/stable-diffusion-ui#installation. It's a nice self-contained package that downloads everything automagically and then runs a web ui on localhost to interact with it, and is pretty quick to spin up the generator.

I have VoC installed and started to poke around a bit after the lengthy (but well documented!) setup process for ML, I have found it to be much slower to load and initiate the SD model than stable-diffusion-ui. That unfortunately adds a lot of friction to my own process for refining ideas. I'll probably mess with VoC more later when I'm looking to do larger high res pieces and have mostly worked out the prompts and composition at smaller scales with the faster tools. For now, 4x GFPGAN upscaling get me plenty of detail for squirting out stuff that is just going to be seen on instagram, or fed into Illustrator to be converted to vector.

ickna
May 19, 2004

madmatt112 posted:

People who make ai images please post links to your albums or something so I can see what other goons are sorceling up.

I'm posting all mine to https://www.instagram.com/ickn_ai/

ickna
May 19, 2004

Cookie monster as single-cell organisms.

Prompt was “cookie monster cookies, onlyfans, tumblr” lol