Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Well we're about 30 seconds from someone posting the whole thing in the spoiler free thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

All you had to do was bed the drat princess, Leanor!

Worried bout those kids though, I can't imagine brown haired Targaryens can last that long.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ubersandwich posted:

I'm absolutely Team Rhaenyra right now, she was by far the most sympathetic character last episode despite all her flaws.

Though I understand the political reality Alicent has to manage. I imagine we're going to get a few more turns, after all this is a GoT show.

It's really obvious where Alicent is coming from though. She really wants to be queen and have Aegon be the king, where Rhaenyra doesn't seem to really care at all about ruling or maintaining her marriage.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

He had a heart attack because it turns out molten gold is delicious and he was so overjoyed at being one of only three people alive to be able to taste it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

He doesn’t really do anything. Letting Daemon just casually rule Dragonstone after his disinheritance sent a signal to people like Corlys and the Martells and the Triarchy that they could just go do whatever they wanted. He’s likable enough (and nominally controls all the dragons) that the kingdom isn’t actively falling apart and warring, but he really couldn’t have engineered a more divisive situation for his family, especially as he clings to life and lets the big players get their plans together.

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 27, 2022

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

lol he's awful. but this is also exactly what makes him so drat relatable

He’s the lovable failson like Robert, whose only real failures were not being able to figure out his kids were not his kids, thinking he was going to live forever, and keeping Littlefinger around.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vegetable posted:

What are you talking about, the maester in HOTD had Plan B. In the medieval ages! The man single-handedly prevented Criston Cole from becoming the next king of Westeros.

The Romans had an herbal abortifacient that was so effective they picked it to extinction

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mizuno isn't high enough on the call sheet to be inventing direction. 100% directorial/producer decision

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Watching this show assert how patriarchal and resistant to female rule westeros is just makes it 10000x funnier that cersei managed to blow up a holy building with like 100 beloved and important people and rule on her own without even an heir, all in an evil queen costume, and she wasnt just immediately overthrown

By whose army?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mweber posted:

On re-watching Viserys’s death scene:

From Alicent’s perspective, Viserys is spouting some dog-faced pony soldier gibberish, and she’s like, “Eh, good enough for me.”

Edit: Like, if your grandpa was dying, and he suddenly started spouting off about your kid and a song of ice and fire, you wouldn’t upend your entire family over it. You’d rightly think that that’s when grandpa’s brain started dying.

Isn't it ambiguous that he may have thought he was speaking to Rhaenyra and talking about her Aegon?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

I get on my dragon to fly down the driveway to pick up my mail. No I don't know why we call it the driveway.

You can drive animals though

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Absolute hours of catching ravens with nets and gingerly opening scrolls without breaking the seals

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So the maps are perfect because Westeros is flat, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The Dunk and Egg stories are pretty much tailor made for TV. If they get competent show runners and a good cast, it could be a huge hit.

Of course, they will likely run into the same problem as game of thrones, in that the conclusion to that story has not been written by grrm and likely won't be finished by the time the show catches up. (Because he will never release another asoiaf book)

Steven Conrad (Patriot) was supposed to be the showrunner, then he was downgraded to writer, and now his name isn't appearing on any press releases. Oh well.