Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I am ready to be hurt again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I dunno what it is but Daemon is a lot more compelling in the candle-lit scenes than the daytime ones

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Mrs. Schraeder's everything is purple

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Edit: nah let's be chill

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If I remember right, Tyrion was born during a three-year winter, which was considered an especially severe one. So they're long but not that long, usually.

But yeah, HotD could benefit from like a throwaway line like "Man, that eight-monther really sucked, good thing it seems to be over now" at the start of an episode.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

That DICK! posted:

[templing fingers sagely] the notion of team alicent v. rhaenerya is an intentionally faulty premise that even the most toothless yokel peasant within the narrative rejects, which was born from the fact that every single noble is traumatized by the unnaturalness of their lot in life and seeks to inflict trauma upon others in turn

I'm on Team The System Isn't Perfect But It's The Best We've Got. I hope that the logic of feudalism triumphs over A&R and remakes them in its murderous image.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The night scenes looked cruddy, but also it was not hard to recognise Aemond on the beach, so perhaps the truth is in the middle regarding adjusting your TV

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Everybody Loves Aemond

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It was a cup of T, pure liquid testosterone, to make the baby strong

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Aw man, I forgot you're not supposed to read these threads between Tuesday and Saturday, brings me all the way back to 2011 again.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah I don't have a good grasp on how Otto feels about the grandkids, hope we get some insight into that.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bright Bart posted:

The languages are unintelligble but everyone has a pocket translator.

The "bad pussy" line, delivered entirely through pantomime and gestures

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
God I haven't even seen the last season of Saul yet, can't start a new TV show til I'm finished with my October horror movie thing

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The "Varys-is-a-merling" theory also speculated he was trying to melt the Wall so as to increase the amount of ocean, right?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Valyrian don't deterioratin

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Blind Pineapple posted:

Sorry for the late and possibly repeat question, but who was that going to visit Daemon’s ex-mistress at the end of the episode?

That was Allicent's head maid or lady-in-waiting or whatever. She appeared earlier in the episode, around the whole conversation with Dyana.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If you've got like seven hours this one dude talks about them all

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

ruddiger posted:

You guys didn’t see Criston peeking out of the closet in the background with Larys and Alicent’s feet?

The Superman outfit really ruined my immersion

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

double negative posted:

and my boy shoulda dropped that message from 1000 feet and flown back home the moment he saw vhagar. i did appreciate the unintentional nature of it though, and can’t wait to see how tf aemond tries to play it when he’s back home

He's got to tell Allicent, right? I mean just strategically, he knows the Blacks are going to retaliate, so he has to warn his own side first.

Wait, is Otto still on Dragonstone at the end of the ep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Wile E Coyote genetics