Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Roman Reigns posted:

Rather funny that it turns out the Targaryens always knew about the white walkers but at some point after this story they drop the ball big time

It is, indeed, pretty funny. My guess is that Rhaenyra never told anyone out of spite. If Rhaegar hadn't rediscovered the secret, that would've been it for human civilization.

My favorite part of the episode was the police brutality montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"Hey Prince Daemon, your sister-in-law and newborn nephew just died!"

*Daemon promptly poops his pants and has sex*

William Bear fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 22, 2022

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

I like how Viserys is just a massive amiable nerd, reading history books and retreating to the comfort of his Legos when the unfortunate thing happened. He should get some cushions and arm rests put on that throne, mind, he clearly needs them.

It's great to see how he's clearly not a good king, but not in a way that's often shown in the series. He's not violent or crazy, he just doesn't want to upset anyone and hates confrontation (Considine did a great job acting in the throne room scene. He looked so uncomfortable surrounded by the trappings of Targaryen power).

He's the gooniest Targaryen king, even if Aegon IV was gooniest-looking.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 22, 2022

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Pretty good episode. Not as great as 5, which was peak GoT quality, but had some great developments and acting. Shame the deaths of Laena and the Strongs felt rushed.

I love how every character in this show is a prestige drama archetype, except for Larys Strong, who wants to become a Batman villain.

Given a crazy leak I heard, that scene of Alicent taking off her shoes before talking to him filled me with dread, though. :stare:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

One other thing I forgot to mention is that Emma D'Arcy is really good at saying "gently caress". Every "gently caress" in the opening of episode 6 was brilliantly enunciated and set the mood perfectly.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

My wife is justifiably irritated that all Velaryons are Valyrians but not all Valyrians are Velaryons. great writing george

This video was cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfY4qenj4k

vell-ARR-yon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

They were right it was awesome and you're whining about it online!

And yeah, Criston went from being a sad sack to just being a giant POS. He's clearly motivated by spite alone. What a dweeb.

I think Cole is just a socially conservative prude. He had extramarital sex once, then immediately asks to marry Rhaenyra to make things right. He apologizes right after calling a woman a oval office in a moment of anger. He says all women are queens, even whores.

In case anyone was wondering, WikiFeet's "Feet of the Day" are Olivia Cooke's. Reactions to the most recent episode are mixed in the comments:

quote:

My man Larys knows what's up! haha

quote:

This scene was unbelievably cringe worthy and idk how any of you could watch it without feeling incredibly insulted

quote:

Larys walked so we could run

quote:

True. Why did they have to give the creepiest guy on the show a foot fetish!

quote:

This scene was definitely bad for us.