Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

romanowski posted:

controversial take but I think this show will be reasonably entertaining

Definitely, I have high hopes for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I really, really enjoyed it. Might have more thoughts later.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Super Deuce posted:

Matt Smith could play Odo without makeup if there was ever a reboot of DS9.

He definitely sells the 'my parents are brother and sister' look.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

zoux posted:

What's even crazier is that they did this all the time irl from the 12th-16th centuries, and lots of heirs and lords died.

this show is probably gonna do numbers
https://twitter.com/Bkillinit/status/1561530122934657024

Good, I desperately want this show to get finished.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Jerkface posted:

the white walker thing is just there because GOT loves prophecy and how it gets misinterpreted or ignored. The targs conquered an entire continent off some dream that we the readers know is true but the family forgets it and destroys itself with squabbling in fighting. The actual prophecy doesn't come true for near 200 years yet and the continent they conquered had already known and been dealing with the threat for millennia.

it's just fun connection and lore not a major plot in the show

The knowledge probably dies with Rhaenyra only for Aegon V to rediscover it which leads to Summerhall.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

This is probably mostly about me not remembering things right or getting things mixed up, but I legit thought the Targs - the brother and two sisters from memory - came to Westeros because their own land was absolutely turbofucked? It's that place that Tyrion and Jorah sailed through on their buddy roadtrip, wasn't it? Where the people who got the stoneskin disease got banished to?

Yep, they fled Valyria a few centuries before the doom due to a prophevy/dream.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Pennsylvanian posted:

TV Essos just kept swinging and missing starting in season 2. They kept doing this weird thing of taking away Dany's character moments and giving them to other characters if they weren't scrapped altogether.. She doesn't even talk to Quaithe I don't think- only Jorah talks to her.

I loving hated the whole Pyat Pree coup storyline, such a lazy way to end that particular arc.

I did like Dany's conversation with the Spice King, especially because it foreshadows her madness brilliantly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9I0W1930FE

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

"There are no children in Asshai." was one of the more chilling sentences to read.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

Go Wire S2 and focus on the disenfranchisement of the fleabottom working class and rebellion against the dragon masters.

I wish the Flea Bottom show was picked up... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014