Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
I watched and it was fine.

But that scene with King Dope and his daughter where the name checked the series was awful. The only thing that could have made it worse is if GRRM walked into frame with a nod and a wink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Great episode, and far better than the first. Rhaenyra proved herself as a really compelling character and the actor who plays her did a phenomenal job in that last scene. You really saw her heart break for the person she clearly is in love with.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
I don't get the Viserys is a nice guy feeling. He's extremely incompetent, which would be fine in most circumstance other than being king -- which he chose to be.

Why did he even stand to be king? His vanity puts the entire realm in danger. He so stupid he thinks Alicenta actually likes him so he's putting his entire family at risk. He's too cowardly to tell his wife she's about to die. He drinks wine while his barely competent but ambitious hand runs things without any checks. His years of allowing his brother to run hog wild risks a civil war. Now, the council member he's already offended is being attacked by crabs and he can't even be bothered.

He's so helpless and needy that he's a complete rear end in a top hat. At least King Robert kept the wheels greased and held things together.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting

Toplowtech posted:

He was the last of Balerion's riders. Balerion the black dread was the dragon Aegon the first. Powerful symbolism and the suckers who buy into it made him king. Also "if we elect a queen, we may start having female claimants".

Note that the next civil war more or last started because a bastard pretender was the "KING WITH THE SWORD" (Blackfyre, once again Aegon the first's sword).

TL;DR version: People aren't chosen as king because they are "the most competent".

No I 100% get why the fail son was chosen and why Raynes is sore about it. We as the audience should know better than to fall for the loveable goof persona.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting

deoju posted:

262lbs/6'5".

I'd say he qualifies as a "big dude," but not an "absolute unit."

FFS in what universe... Hollywood on steroids has turned brains into mush.