Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Matt Smith could play Odo without makeup if there was ever a reboot of DS9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Pennsylvanian posted:

Episode is good, but it reminds me of why I kind of fell out of watching new shows and movies in that some of the actors are loving mumbling out their lines.

Sometime in the past 15 years, actors replaced emoting with whispering. It's incredibly frustrating. I think the worst example I've seen recently was in either The Last Duel or Green Knight. I forget which it was, but it was two people talking to each other from across an enormous room whispering.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

MrMojok posted:

Also Daemon’s open-face jousting helmet doesn’t seem like too much of a good idea

Yea that was dumb. I was hoping what would have set him off, which was to be expected, would be getting hit in the chin by an errant piece of wood or something.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I often wonder if it's just people joking or if they really think Arya being the one to strike the Night Man means the prophecy is stupid. Jon and Dany assemble the force and are the generals. Isn't that like, what the prophecy actually was?

Like when you talk about who beat Custer you mention the leaders of the force, not the person who physically killed him.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

TOOT BOOT posted:

People don't like it because Arya had absolutely nothing to do with that plotline until the 11th hour. It feels like a plot beat that belonged to Jon and they were just subverting expectations for the hell of it.

If you take Syrio being faceless theory seriously it actually fits really well.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
They couldn’t have cleaned up the blood before doing the ceremony?

I also found it funny they bothered to stop everyone fighting but the person who began it and murdered someone… to the point they just let him walk away. A bit strange.

The contrast between Bobby B yelling at the Cleganes at the tourney and King T having no clue what is happening is funny, too.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

smoobles posted:

Viserys is a Failking whose leadership technique can be best described as "wait around doing nothing and then eventually make the wrong decision", and the handling of the incident was definitely in character for him.

I'm pretty sure he just had a stroke so he actually had no clue what was happening.

It just felt clunky to show literally zero consequences for that action, even if the consequences are just someone saying "Yo, what the gently caress".

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
The way they mention the green dress while we're seeing her enter with the green dress (sorry colorblind folks) is absolutely clunky. Someone upthread said they should have had Hightower colors mentioned before the entrance, rather than having someone lean over like Littlefinger to Sansa at the joust talking about how curious it is for dude to have just been knighted under curious conditions. It was dialogue to the audience more than it was between characters, so it feels dumb. Give Otto a line as he's leaving Alicent like, "If Rhaenyra sits the Iron Throne Aegon will be killed and on that day the green banners of Hightower will..." blah blah blah. Let the silence of the room tell the story, rather than practically breaking the fourth wall.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Otto got himself fired. He overplayed his hand in a really stupid way. Alicent is a victim of her father’s manipulation, not being manipulated by Rhaenyra. (gently caress autocorrect hates GRRM names)

At this point we’re to believe King Goon thinks Rhaenyra and Matt Daemon banged, but it doesn’t matter because she’s the heir and Otto is a fool to have questioned it so brazenly. Otto is Littlefinger, in that his machinations cause the conflict and is the overall bad guy.

Rhaenyra is going to have to do some actually bad stuff soon for us to not see her faction as clearly the good guys.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Cropped version stinks.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Rings of Power does a lot of fun stuff. It also does a lot of bad stuff. Parts of the world feel incredible to watch. Others feel awful. The only real issue I have with it is Young Ned Stark is an awful actor, but his scenes are fun because the the characters he has interacted with thus far are good. Dwarves are what I’m invested in so far. And possibly Galadriel again if she does something again. I really liked the snowy scene with her.

Versus this show, I also can’t stand Matt Smith, but the show has been better. Though I’m nervous the tone of the characters change too drastically with the actor swap. We’ll see soon.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Vegetable posted:

They killed the Jon Snow spinoff — “couldn’t find the right story to tell.”

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/jon-snow-game-of-thrones-spinoff-scrapped-hbo-1235965517/

… shouldn’t the story idea come before green lighting the show in the first place? Can I just call up HBO and say, “hey what if you just make a new show with Turtle from Entourage” and get paid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Jon Snow should be included in future GoT media, for sure. Just, in a future setting where he's remembered as something. He's an insanely influential character given scope of the world he's in. He should be looked at as a legendary figure forever, right? Here's what you do. A cop procedural set in the equivalent of our 1990ish but just with GoT world history. CBS can buy it. First episode you can run into a guy stabbing his aunt-wife with a sword and they have to investigate it. I'm thinking NYPD Blue-style.

That, or just like... make up your own drat universe, hacks. If you have something you really need to add to someone else's world, fine, cool, do it! It may be great. If you decide to do something before wanting to do something, that's a good way to get poo poo "art".