Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Hopefully this one doesn't require a Pepe Silvia map to keep track of all the characters and subplots... who am I kidding, it totally will.

I hope the opposite of you and am excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It varies, they split The Mole across a couple-few weeks for example.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

After 3 episodes, meh.

So far it has had people really not communicating poo poo they should be communicating, creating unnecessary drama. And people communicating too explicitly, making stuff extremely obvious for the audience so nobody misses it. The “mysterious backgrounds”, already annoying, are made more annoying by being revealed in expository paragraphs.

Reading other opinions it seems it doesn’t get much better

A lot of that is because information is siloed by language differences. It's completely intentional, are you listening to it with everything dubbed in English?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
My sister was in town this week and we watched both 1899 and Severance (2nd and 3rd watch respectively). 1899 was a solid 7/10 mystery box but it definitely is a lot slower paced than both Dark and Severance so I can see why people don't like it as much.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Okay finished it, so it was the same plot as Life On Mars?

I'm super confused about the stuff with her Dad and son, if they're on a spaceship and the sim to to basically keep them occupied while they're travelling, what does that part have to do with the rest?

We don't know yet.