Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Hakkesshu posted:

Pet peeve but as a Danish person it really bugs me that all the danes

As a hypothetical Danish person it would have bothered me much more that pretty much all of them were tremendous assholes. Personally, the character I liked least in the entire show (or season) is that Keister guy with his whiny Radiohead/mime/traitor energy. Good thing he decided to jump overboard a few moments after I came to that conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Levin posted:

Finished the season and enjoyed it thoroughly but I haven't seen Dark so maybe it will seem awful by comparison based on a lot opinions shared here. I will echo that the cover of White Rabbit for the intro was loving terrible but I do like the original and was fine with its inclusion. I also like a lot of the song choices, they may be obvious and popular but they're songs I like and thought fit well.

Agree about the music. I wish people who cover songs should ask themselves what improvement or shift in perspective (heh) they think they're adding over the original on any level whatsoever, which the awful, awful cover version of White Rabbit most definitely doesn't. The other songs were all good and fitting.

I tend to not make the kind of comparisons nearly everyone here makes to Dark, but try to see if something has its merits. I think this show does and I hope it'll get its second and third season.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

For me, the only really abrasive thing about the show are the formulaic, repetitive and overly negative comments in this thread.

I'll give the authors a chance to finish their story and hold off on the harsh judgments until then. For some inexplicable reason, outside of this thread the show was apparently not hated by an overwhelming majority, so there's a chance those seasons will be made.