Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

From the world of Wrestling...Haystacks Calhoun (he's the one in the middle).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You're singling out the guy in the middle when the guy on the left is way more suited for this thread.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

You're singling out the guy in the middle when the guy on the left is way more suited for this thread.

Guy on the right also qualifies, happy you enjoyed it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pro wrestling smokes all other sports for weird looking guys. So much of its history involves

- Those employed because they already looked weird, such as French Angel Maurice Tillet, Swedish Angel,, Skull Murphy, and so on

- People more than willing to look weird for a paycheck: Luna Vachon, Chris Colt, Road Warriors, etc.

- People who look weird because of steroid/HGH use: Scott Steiner

- People who really loved blading: Abdullah the Butcher, Dusty Rhodes ... or abusing their bodies on bumps, like Cactus Jack and Sabu

- The Hart family

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

It's not really fair to include wrestling, which was a literal freak show for much of its history.

Especially guys like Tillet, Andre and Khali who look like they do because of actual medical conditions.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Anderson Koopa posted:

Modern day digital cameras are excellent at adjusting the recording parameters for all sorts of different conditions. Film cameras from 60 or so years ago were nowhere near as user friendly. They required a steady hand and a knowledgeable photographer to get the most out of the equipment. Jan Stenerud's photographer that day wasn't quite so dialed in.

Scott Aukerman lookin rear end

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

father/son!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Are mascots of pro sports teams allowed?

If so, I'd like to introduce you to Emmett Kelly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Kelly

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
crossposting

elentar posted:

7’5”, 230

honestly #75 is a nice touch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the beard was a good move

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

elentar posted:

the beard was a good move

Good god man do some calf raises

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

pseudodragon posted:

It's not really fair to include wrestling, which was a literal freak show for much of its history.

Especially guys like Tillet, Andre and Khali who look like they do because of actual medical conditions.

There's something beautiful about the forced ineptitude of wrestling jobbers though. Graig here is so resigned about how his name is spelled.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Jeff Karstens sends his regards

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

ALFbrot posted:

Jeff Karstens sends his regards

Woah this guy is cool

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Fuzzy Thurston. Old timey football players have a special charm to them.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
That looks a lot like Al Bundy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Presto posted:

That looks a lot like Al Bundy.

He does, but Ed O'Neill was 41 when he started playing Bundy, Fuzzy is like 29 in that picture.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I think Harold Whitlock looks a little like Ross from Friends.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Michael Plasse!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
16 year old luke littler is currently in the world dart championship finals and is a generational talent

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Luke Bigger is going to be terrifying

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

uggy posted:

16 year old luke littler is currently in the world dart championship finals and is a generational talent

I was stupefied when they said that on a stream I was watching. There is no way he didn't bully/terrorize his classmates. Dude will be dead by 40.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Came across Mel Bridgman who looks to have the most powerful chin.

I assume this picture came later, because I only know him with a moustache. He manages to look like everyone's dad.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

uggy posted:

Most darts players would be right at home in this thread tbh. Peter Wright and Ricky Evans in particular.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
crossposting from the UFC thread. we're about to see some crazy additions to this thread now that the UFC is post-USADA and running their own drug program. specifically, we'll see the return of guys like Rousimar Palhares, who was a notably juiced up, incredibly dangerous 5'8" 185lb (which means he probably fought closer to 200-210lb) guy from the pre-USADA era:

there's a new prospect coming in that is already 5'8" fighting at middleweight (185):

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Palhares is great but there's a new guy I saw on the Contender Series, Torrez Finney, who is 5'8" with like 6'4" arms at middleweight. he's also from Tennessee so I'm doubly excited to see him in the UFC. it's an insane physique / body type:

https://twitter.com/punishertorrez/status/1357474829864226818

post-USADA, this guy might juice up to 205 or something

who is just crazy to look at. I have long arms for my body, but they're like 3 inches longer than my height. this guy's got an 8 inch difference, which is one of the craziest in the UFC, especially with how jacked he is

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
for those of you who don't follow MMA, basically:

-Conor McGregor had a really horrific leg injury
-While he's recovering, he took himself out of the testing pool for USADA
-He's been out a few years, and he's looked 10000% like he's on some crazy rear end juice. he looks like he weighs like 40lbs more than when he fought
-He wants to fight again. It used to be, if you're out of the testing pool, you had to have 6 months back in the testing pool and 2 clean tests at least so that whatever benefits you might have accrued would in theory dissipate.
-That was already kind of a bullshit threshold since guys get longer term benefits than 6 months. But also, the UFC has been able to waive the waiting period before. Notably, they did for Brock Lesnar before his return at UFC 200. Lesnar beat Mark Hunt and was like the 5th guy that Hunt fought in the UFC that had been on roids. Mark Hunt sued the UFC for this and unfortunately lost.
-USADA got some heat for that, so they publicly came out and said "we're not waiving for Conor" to maintain some legitimacy. All the rumors have said Conor and the UFC wants it waived. Conor has more or less openly admitted to it.
-USADA randomly came out with a statement a couple of months ago saying "we wouldn't wave for Conor, so the UFC is canceling their contract with us and doing their own drug testing".
-UFC said "actually we're gonna make an even better drug testing program than USADA and run it ourselves" and has threatened to sue USADA.
-This whole time, UFC commentator Joe Rogan (who himself is on all kinds of juice) has been advocating for the UFC to do their own program and let athletes juice ("for recovery" at the minimum, and "if it's healthy, why not?" as well)
-As of the new year, the UFC is now doing their own drug testing.
-Conor McGregor has now said his next fight is at 185lbs lol. He remains 5'9".
-we're about to see a lot of additions to this thread as MMA enters its second steroid era.

case in point TJ Dillashaw, who was champ at 135lbs (until he got caught for EPO) and even fought as low as 125lbs. he is now talking about a comeback and surprise, he looks huge:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

The gentleman on the right reminds me of Shane MacGowan.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aleksej Pokusevski

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Someone should probably check Chris O'Grady's blood pressure.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Stressed about his hairline, surely

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

What do you mean, that's a pretty normal looking gu- JESUS CHRIST THERE'S A SNAKE IN HIS BRAIN

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Prof. Spaceman posted:

What do you mean, that's a pretty normal looking gu- JESUS CHRIST THERE'S A SNAKE IN HIS BRAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EUYCMLpNI

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I enjoy seeing Trent Brown next to normal sized people.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Louis Zborowski was an early racing driver active in the 1920s before safety gear had really been fleshed out.
Guess how old he is in this picture:

He is 27 years old. People were built differently back then I guess.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

am i missing something he looks p normal, ig he looks more early 30s than late 20s

heres 26 (one year younger) y.o Sheldon Creed and he deserves ugliest mid 20s driver award:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

am i missing something he looks p normal, ig he looks more early 30s than late 20s

heres 26 (one year younger) y.o Sheldon Creed and he deserves ugliest mid 20s driver award:

I don't know, the mustache and the worry lines around the eyes make him look older I guess. My wife thought he was in his 40s. Sheldon Creed will in fact haunt me, and I agree he is uglier. Especially with glasses. When I said mid 20s, I meant 1920s, should have clarified there.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anderson Koopa posted:

I don't know, the mustache and the worry lines around the eyes make him look older I guess. My wife thought he was in his 40s. Sheldon Creed will in fact haunt me, and I agree he is uglier. Especially with glasses. When I said mid 20s, I meant 1920s, should have clarified there.

tbf he def looks older than a 27 years old, im 26 and good Lord i hope i dont look like that

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ole Anderson has some awesome facial hair.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Went on Hockey Reference and their random dude generator was on point:

Jamie Oleksiak somehow the most normal lookin' dude there (until he smiles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet