Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hmm, muppets, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMpILpvq3Y

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
The guy that invented them is a long hair hippy freak!!!

I was installing a new cannopy on the Ambassador Hotel in LA when this freak came up and asked me where he could find rthe muppets?

I responded, what the hell is a muppett, a hairlip puppet having never heard of a muppett and have no idea what one is today!

The hippy really got upset!!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Hv5Bw-AUc

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

the Martians were my favourite as a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_trSIBCgF0

e: drat it's still so good!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I like Kermit best, bc I, too, am a skinny little man with no penis, anxiety, and a hand up my rear end.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

If you don’t like The Muppets or anything Jim Henson related, then you can gently caress right off with your lovely self.

Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas gets watched every holiday season and it warms my heart each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3cWWNXBHg

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

If you watch the Muppet Movie on New Year's Day, it gives you good luck for the year. Muppet Treasure Island also works

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My dad used to sing Rainbow Connection on guitar and even did the Kermit voice.

Now that he’s gone, it hits different, but the song always made me tear up, regardless.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If I could send one song to aliens to explain the human heart it would be Rainbow Connection. Fully understood, it tells you all you need to know, despite its author being a frog

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Spinz posted:

A loving homage

this is great ty

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
"Barometers are falling sharply. Oh no!"

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jTtgGQKs9w

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I saw the muppet Christmas Carol for the first time this year. Michael Caine didn't have to go so hard but by gently caress he certainly did.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Suspect A posted:

Lol wtf is a muppet, old man

Well it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet, but man... So, to answer your question, I don't know.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Jim Henson was a king of craft

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The only good muppet is the cookie monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWac5UT80no

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Some post Henson Henson has been good

Dark Crystal, for instance

The Dark Crystal show only lasted one season. Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Life must be nice if you're sad about a tv show

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Life must be nice if you're sad about a tv show

I can be sad about lots of things at the same time. It is a really lovely superpower.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Somewhere, there is a shady cabal of people with a fetish for sexing up the Muppets and making them say DRUGS MURDER SWEARING stuff. They must be stopped. The Muppets are pure. They know where it goes, but don't toot about it.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Chrpno posted:

Somewhere, there is a shady cabal of people with a fetish for sexing up the Muppets and making them say DRUGS MURDER SWEARING stuff. They must be stopped. The Muppets are pure. They know where it goes, but don't toot about it.

His name is Peter Jackson, leave him be to his green screens.

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

That pig won't leave the lizard alone! :mad:

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Nothing muppet related has been any good since they discovered Elmo made money and all the education and all the variety went out the window.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Extra row of tits posted:

Nothing muppet related has been any good since they discovered Elmo made money and all the education and all the variety went out the window.

Counterpoint: the Elmo/Rocco feud was funny

I don’t mind Elmo because I was born in 1991, but like, I guess I get it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dial911 posted:

That pig won't leave the lizard alone! :mad:

yesss

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The muppets are loving awesome!

About 5-6 years ago, I was in an expat bar in Fuzhou, China. For some reason I had on me a USB stick with a copy of The Muppet Movie on it. I bullied the owner to put it on the TV. He agreed as there was pretty much nobody else in the bar. So I drank cheap Chinese beer and watched the film. And even though at the time I was a grown man in my mid 30s, I cried more than once.

One of the moments I cried was during this song. Which is often overlooked, yet it is ridiculously good. And is followed by a heartbreaking scene where Kermit talks to himeslf as he wrestles with the guilt and burden of responsibility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsQ9PZDgG0

Further Gonzo media. I had this album on cassette when I was a kid and loved it. "Cows playing cellos with bananas where their horns should be." is a line that haunts my dreams to this day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6diA7bSH4a4

Edit:

Have a Goth Miss Piggy for funzies.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 20, 2022

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
The only thing I don’t like about seasame street is that hbo owns it now and that doesn’t own.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I watch the muppet christmas carol every year and enthusiastically sing along with every song

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I like The Muppet babies cartoon as a kid I thought that was really good

They seemed to reference Star wars a lot which was quite nice

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Xenocides posted:

I can be sad about lots of things at the same time. It is a really lovely superpower.

Yeah that's fair. I was experience a bloom of self pity there and kinda took it out in a few places. Sorry.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
My daughter got really into the Life's a Happy Song song and we watched the movie once. It was okay, it seemed to want to tell a meta story about the Muppets which wasn't entirely bad. And there were like anti-muppets who were kinda funny.

And this weird romantic plot exemplified by this part of the song:

Everything is great
Everything is grand
Except Gary's always off with his friend

It's never me and him
It's always me and him and him
I wonder when it's going to end?

But I guess that's ok
'Cause maybe someday
I know just how it's going to be
You'll ride up on a steed
And get down on one knee
And say, "Mary, will you marry meeeeee...
...please?"

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Xenocides posted:

I'm sad about your posting

And also mine, tbf

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

SerSpook posted:

i have been told i sound like kermit

I didn’t know Morrissey was a goon

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I have a toddler so I have gotten back into sesame street. Cookie monster owns. He has a food truck now!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

One of the moments I cried was during this song. Which is often overlooked, yet it is ridiculously good. And is followed by a heartbreaking scene where Kermit talks to himeslf as he wrestles with the guilt and burden of responsibility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsQ9PZDgG0

"There's not a word yet/ for old friends who've just met" is an all time great lyric

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My dad had a green Dodge van when I was a kid he lovingly named Kermit. Owned it for many years until after the new millennium, and then he sold it and bought my neighbor’s light blue Chevy truck which he named Gonzo. Owned Gonzo for a decade and then sold it and bought a tan GMC truck he named Fozzie. That was the last vehicle he owned before he passed away.

These are the happy memories that The Muppets create, no matter how ridiculous they may seem :allears:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

sudonim posted:

I have a toddler so I have gotten back into sesame street. Cookie monster owns. He has a food truck now!

Lol
Do they have smartphones?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dinosaurs was a solid comedy series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jim Henson was one of the most altruistic people ever and ruled