Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

o I don't transfer it to my keyboard, mouse, phone, ipad, and other things that I frequently touch w/ my fingers. This is a thread for posting cool and innovative uses for alcohol prep pas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

They gonna dry your hands out something awful, you should moisturise a little after use.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Oh piffle

What will nuke your hands tho is vinegar

Yikes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know if it's innovative but I use them to sterilize my injection sites

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I prefer to use baby wipes because they don't have that nasty alcohol smell like most wet napkins. Plus anything that can clean up baby poo poo can handle oil and grime.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

maybe i should try those finger condoms instead

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i usually put a little catfood on my keyboard and my girls will lick it clean

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Olewithmilk posted:

They gonna dry your hands out something awful, you should moisturise a little after use.

i moisturize with cetaphil. i'm not a noob.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

You could maybe bring them to restaurants and make the waiters sterilize their fingers in front of you?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I use them to check if I have any cuts on my hands OP.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Does washing your hands not do that?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm not trying to sterilize, i'm trying to stop putting fingerprints on my items jesus chrust

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Do you have an electric stovetop? Got a great method for stopping your fingerprints from getting on anything ever again.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Buce posted:

i'm not trying to sterilize, i'm trying to stop putting fingerprints on my items jesus chrust

Would you mind saying what you are doing that makes you leave grimy fingerprints everywhere?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I don't know if it's innovative but I use them to sterilize my injection sites

lol

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Related to OP's use of alcohol, generally, as a cleaning agent: aged plastics and rubberized materials break down after a time, especially when exposed to high heat, and get tacky. Controllers, vapes pens/vape batteries, "soft touch" automotive interior trim, steering wheels, pistol grips, hand tool handles, etc. Isopropyl alcohol and lint free wipes will clear that right up. Wipe on, wipe off, as many times as needed. Seal with wax if you want, just use something easy to remove like furniture wax.

e: OP, wipe them on your genitalia in the morning for a brisk, fresh feeling

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Would you mind saying what you are doing that makes you leave grimy fingerprints everywhere?

i'm basically surrounded by dye-pen chemicals, lubricants, and metal shavings at all times

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

madeintaipei posted:

Related to OP's use of alcohol, generally, as a cleaning agent: aged plastics and rubberized materials break down after a time, especially when exposed to high heat, and get tacky. Controllers, vapes pens/vape batteries, "soft touch" automotive interior trim, steering wheels, pistol grips, hand tool handles, etc. Isopropyl alcohol and lint free wipes will clear that right up. Wipe on, wipe off, as many times as needed. Seal with wax if you want, just use something easy to remove like furniture wax.

e: OP, wipe them on your genitalia in the morning for a brisk, fresh feeling

i like yer neuromancer avater

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

tell me more about these lint free 'handles'

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Buce posted:

i'm basically surrounded by dye-pen chemicals, lubricants, and metal shavings at all times

Are you looking for something for specifically when you don't have access to water? Gojo or Lava would be gentler on your skin...

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Have you tried robot arms

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

roomtone posted:

tell me more about these lint free 'handles'

Eh?! You don't shave your love handles? Bunch of savages on these forums.

Nail polish removal wipes, if you're familiar. They go by different names. Lab wipes, cleanroom wipes, barrel wipes, etc. Look for "non-woven" in the description, even if they're cotton. Great for glassware, useful for oiling things without leaving a bunch of residue. Also handy for cleaning up the edges of wounds or wounds on mucous membranes, like inside your nose, or the outside of a dog's nose (my dog is very stupid, tons of practice there).

Buce posted:

i like yer neuromancer avater

Thank you. I looked up "Molly Millions" and that was one of the only things suitable for an AV that popped up. Someone else here has the same one. Cyborg recognize Cyborg. 'Sup post-human buddy!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Are you looking for something for specifically when you don't have access to water? Gojo or Lava would be gentler on your skin...

i use the gojo wipes at work. but i'm talkin about the grime that follows me home. the grime.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Buce posted:

i use the gojo wipes at work. but i'm talkin about the grime that follows me home. the grime.

Just travel around in a vat of GOOP like some soft, smooth, greaseless Guild Navigator, complete with apprentice vacuuming up the residue.

Busted-rear end farm truck hauling an above ground pool full of cleaning agent, belching diesel smoke, septic sucker trailer pulled behind, both cause and effect.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just hold the vodka in your mouth while you suck the cheeto dust off them

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

nerd

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

holy poo poo, this is gamechanging. my fingernails are unyellowed for the first time in years.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The student has become the master.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

The student has become the master.

:hai:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

You're still an rear end in a top hat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*cannot hear you as I'm already walking away with posting katana lightly the dust of the road behind him*

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

even with my eyes wide open i cant see a thing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

pffffttt

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ok. No bullshit, I love ya!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i use em like dip pouches so i can covertly ingest alcohol while driving

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Define, "large areas of the body".

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Gloves

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
OP post a series of photos showcasing the grime, each photo showing a little bit closer until you reveal that you took an enormous poo poo on your keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

LuckyCat posted:

OP post a series of photos showcasing the grime, each photo showing a little bit closer until you reveal that you took an enormous poo poo on your keyboard.

go to horny jail, LuckyCat