Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Butcher posted:

You dig that the idea of a creator doesn't necessarily have to be Christian gospel, right, Jorp avatar person?

If we look at it from a human perspective, it really makes more sense for us for the Creator Whatever to have a more female aspect.

Creation, raising, caring, etc.

But the creator could be a ball of gloop filled with dicks and vaginas playing their version of The Sims, so who loving knows, and it doesn't matter anyway.

I'll say my thanks to Her.

The god of Abraham is specifically male but he did have a wife with whom he was suppose to rule equally with but he banished her because he wanted power all for himself and tried to replace her with a being created in his narcissistic image. If you want to worship a female god then you should worship her because she is equal to the supreme deity:

https://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-religions/asherah-0010611

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Fat Dan posted:

Do you think you could dance this?

Put a couple beers in me, and honestly yes. I could interpretative dance that whole thing in my underwear to make it weirder.

Need to have someone else speak the words though to focus on the dance. Either sexy voice or death metal voice would probably work.

I'm technically banned from horrible obnoxious interpretive dancing though, but what my wife don't know don't hurt her.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Airplane design is always trying to give passengers less and less room to maximize profit and the only thing slowing them down is our larger peers making things difficult all around.

:patriot:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
there is no god, dudes

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

The god of Abraham is specifically male but he did have a wife with whom he was suppose to rule equally with but he banished her because he wanted power all for himself and tried to replace her with a being created in his narcissistic image. If you want to worship a female god then you should worship her because she is equal to the supreme deity:

https://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-religions/asherah-0010611

Lol I love this kind of weird poo poo:

Sarah, also spelled Sarai, in the Old Testament, wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.

Sarah was childless until she was 90 years old.

God promised Abraham that she would be “a mother of nations” (Genesis 17:16) and that she would conceive and bear a son, but Sarah did not believe.

Isaac, born to Sarah and Abraham in their old age, was the fulfillment of God’s promise to them.

The barrenness of Sarah, cited in the preface (Genesis 11:30), stands in tension with the central theme of the Abraham saga, the promise that God will make him the founder of a mighty nation.

With respect to the fulfillment of the promise, Sarah embodies the themes of fear and doubt, Abraham those of faith and hope.

Her doubt drives Sarah to devise her own way of realizing the promise—she gives Abraham her maidservant, Hagar, so that Hagar might bear a child for them.

- - -

What the gently caress?

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
I'll die for my rights

Jim....if youre out there..you did it , baby

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Could God make a passenger so fat that even She wouldn't have enough room to sit next to them?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Cuddle with their fat. Use it as a blanket for warmth.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Butcher posted:

Her doubt drives Sarah to devise her own way of realizing the promise—she gives Abraham her maidservant, Hagar, so that Hagar might bear a child for them.

- - -

What the gently caress?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I remember airlines going through a phase where they were all threatening to make people buy two seats if they didn’t fit into one. Is that still a thing or did they lose the PR battle there?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
This is why you get to the airport early. Once through security you hit the bar at 8 AM. Two Bloody Marys and a pint. Then when boarding starts you pop two Advil PM.

You won't give a poo poo about crying babies and monstrous sized people.

Waking up on landing might be a bit confusing, but it should only take about a minute for your brain to sort it out.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHicyqMML4

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hmmm, i see

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
- You are long post menopause and once had a dream/hallucination/dementia/bullshit story you made up for attention about a real actual visit from God
- God said you were totally going to get preggers, and the baby would be hella cool
- It didn't work so you got your husband to bang the maid, he uh, "reluctantly" agrees to do that for what is totally the first time.
- God said getting pregnant WAS going to happen, so I guess he or she might have forgot something, they are pretty busy after all
- So maybe they wanted you to interpret it your own way as some sort of puzzle or test? They work in mysterious ways.
- Your maid gets banged up. Husband couldn't actually raise the mast but you knew a nice younger guy who was willing to volunteer.
- We leave that part out of the story.
- Keep the maid healthy until her horribly painful and damaging pre medicine birth.
- Take the baby, it's your baby now. God wanted this. Tell maid slave to stop crying about it
- Now you are 90 years old raising a baby that will grow up to be super cool, ignore everything about that that doesn't make sense

Speculative fiction epilogue to that previous true story:

- You obviously can't make milk, and formula doesn't exist, and babies are annoying to clean and deal with so we assign these jobs to the maid
- You die pretty soon because you wouldn't have lived to 90 then anyway because that was a lie for the story, you were probably 65 at best, if really lucky
- Maid takes her baby back and moves in with the young man to his hovel he shares with 8 other family members
- Life is hard, but she is happy.
- The baby grows to be a man but he is not really legendary at anything
- It was God's plan, and there is some lesson here, you figure it out however you like, they don't pay me enough for this.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Butcher posted:

- It was God's plan, and there is some lesson here, you figure it out however you like, they don't pay me enough for this.

The lesson is God is simply doing what a random number generator tells him to do and will punish you if you don't accept your procedurally generated fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Recently I was seated beside a passenger who needed more space to sit and was almost taking away some on my space which made a 4 hour flight very uncomfortable. As flight was full I couldn't change my seat. Do I have any option under such situations like compensation from airline ? Are there any restrictions on max space which can be taken by passenger in a flight.

Just to add my question is more from my rights perspective. I understand the situation for other person, it's very difficult for him.

OP, there are two questions which you must answer before you can receive any useful feedback:
  1. How fat was the passenger next to you?
  2. How fat are you?
If you attempt to conceal the answers from us, or don't reply at all (rude!), you are just tuggin'.