Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I mean seriously. It sucks poo poo. Just super LOL at anyone who actively chooses an iphone over an android.

I just spent hours trying to get some music on an iphone. Without using itunes. Took a while and I eventually got the music on there. But the iphone music player couldn't see it.

I then spent less than 5 minutes doing the same thing on my android and it worked perfectly.

Iphone sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sorry you can't figure out how to use a phone that is so simple even boomers can manage it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Some garden variety trolling. Soft-serve.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i just moved from android to iphone and i hate it a lot. I only moved to iphone cuz my wife likes to facetime me as a cow and I like that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i just moved from android to iphone and i hate it a lot. I only moved to iphone cuz my wife likes to facetime me as a cow and I like that.

Do you moo for her?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bad Purchase posted:

sorry you can't figure out how to use a phone that is so simple even boomers can manage it

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Just subscribe to Spotify or apple music, OP.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bad Purchase posted:

Ok mr smarty pants. How do I get music onto the iphone without using itunes or uploading it somewhere.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
about to trade in my note 10 for a s22 ULTRA

BIVTCH!!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chinatown posted:

about to trade in my note 10 for a s22 ULTRA

BIVTCH!!!!

This guy fucks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

"boomers use iphones with ease" is actually the opposite of the own that you think it is

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

ios and android are both annoying as poo poo for different reasons but especially gently caress apple for not making dev unlocked / debug capable devices

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The iphone is real good actually

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Brrrmph posted:

Just subscribe to Spotify or apple music, OP.

seriously what a piss boi bitch

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chinatown posted:

"boomers use iphones with ease" is actually the opposite of the own that you think it is

found another one

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bad Purchase posted:

found another one

Answer my question. Go on do it. You won't because you can't. Cuz yer an apple fuckboi.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Waltzing Along posted:

Answer my question. Go on do it. You won't because you can't. Cuz yer an apple fuckboi.

why did you not use iTunes, it's made by the company that made the phone and it does exactly what you wanted it to

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The lack of a dedicated "back" button built into the OS is horrible, instead it leaves that function up to the whims of whoever developed the app you're using. So many times I've been trying to help my mom out with her phone and I'm like "ok, how do I go back to the previous page?" and she's like "back? :confused:"

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean seriously. It sucks poo poo. Just super LOL at anyone who actively chooses an iphone over an android.

I just spent hours trying to get some music on an iphone. Without using itunes. Took a while and I eventually got the music on there. But the iphone music player couldn't see it.

I then spent less than 5 minutes doing the same thing on my android and it worked perfectly.

Iphone sucks poo poo.

I just ctrl-c ctrl-p'd some music onto my phone in less than 5 seconds OP (which is not on spotify or apple music) and then the music player app immediately recognized it was on the phone and had the correct formatting and album cover art. It's nice when your phone treats you like an adult and allows you to use it as the storage device that it is. No garbage software needed to be installed on my PC. Sorry you got a phone for children and boomers, make better choices next time :shrug:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah maybe but I prefer to actually have sex and women talk to me

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Android is a computer in your pocket, iPhone is some jank rear end tim apple bullshit that might do what you want.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah maybe but I prefer to actually have sex and women talk to me

You're not fooling anybody

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the venn diagram of iphone users and people who lust after elon musks small penis is a perfect circle

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

stratdax posted:

You're not fooling anybody

android phones are pussy repellant

it is known

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*sits down, sweating, overwhelmed in jedi robes*

I just felt a tremor in the force, like it's 2008 all over again, and nerds think they are fighting a zeitgeist by having a really normal one sticking it to other posters with 15 year old complaints that a decade and a half proved to not really matter whatsoever

I don't know how I, a user of an iPhone, will ever recover from this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Some garden variety trolling. Soft-serve.

lol yyup. thiknkng this as well. no effort, love of the game. op brought his d material

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

android phones are pussy repellant

it is known

Then why are you still here

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Waffle House posted:

*sits down, sweating, overwhelmed in jedi robes*

I just felt a tremor in the force, like it's 2008 all over again, and nerds think they are fighting a zeitgeist by having a really normal one sticking it to other posters with 15 year old complaints that a decade and a half proved to not really matter whatsoever

I don't know how I, a user of an iPhone, will ever recover from this

Defending the iPhone with star wars references

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

*extremely hunched over old person style, nose upturned to keep glasses on face, still swuinting unbelievably hard despite, clicking and moving mouse very slowly and deliberately, then typing keys 1 at a time while glancing at screen to confirm keystroke*

man... the iphone sucks!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
They made it so you can't fix them if they break... like every component "knows" it belongs only in that iPhone, so if you replace a broken screen, the new screen "knows" it's in the wrong iPhone and poo poo stops working.

Only Apple can fix it, or tell you they won't fix it so you'll have to buy a new one every few years.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
This would be the one to get...

https://shop.fairphone.com/en

...but only if you're in Europe.

Don't worry, I'm sure all the smartphone makers and providers in the USA, will make sure it will stay out of the USA. :gibs:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Pixel 6 is really good phone OP you should try it instead

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Iphone sucks poo poo.

Have you tried huffing your own farts OP?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

you're refusing to use itunes, the software apple provides to manually manage your music, and then complaining that it is hard to manually manage your music. that would be like complaining that you can't play a game you bought on the steam store without downloading steam. i don't know why you don't want to use itunes and i don't care either. and if you're trying to transfer music from a computer that isn't running windows or macos and you can't run windows in vm and you can't use wine, then i guess life is just gonna be hard for you.

there are actually alternatives to itunes too, but you will probably continue to troll and pretend you can't do those for some reason either. on macos you can use the music app or finder to manage your iphone libraries. and you can use cloud storage and/or the files app to get music onto your phone from any os as well. if you insist on making your life as difficult as possible, you could even get a developer account and make your own app that loads, stores and plays music from your computer using wifi or bluetooth or probably even through lightning cable hijinks.

e: also, it's ok to use an andoid phone if you want to op, you don't have to convince anyone but yourself.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 22, 2022

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Oh oops, it just so turns out that the best audio software for your Apple device is the audio software made by Apple, weird how all the competitors don't work so great lol, must be one of those funny issues like how you can't even use this physical thing that you paid for without having an online account with us that includes your personal details but anyway while you're here how about signing up for Apple TV+

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

you're refusing to use itunes, the software apple provides to manually manage your music, and then complaining that it is hard to manually manage your music. that would be like complaining that you can't play a game you bought on the steam store without downloading steam. i don't know why you don't want to use itunes and i don't care either. and if you're trying to transfer music from a computer that isn't running windows or macos and you can't run windows in vm and you can't use wine, then i guess life is just gonna be hard for you.

there are actually alternatives to itunes too, but you will probably continue to troll and pretend you can't do those for some reason either. on macos you can use the music app or finder to manage your iphone libraries. and you can use cloud storage and/or the files app to get music onto your phone from any os as well. if you insist on making your life as difficult as possible, you could even get a developer account and make your own app that loads, stores and plays music from your computer using wifi or bluetooth or probably even through lightning cable hijinks.

e: also, it's ok to use an andoid phone if you want to op, you don't have to convince anyone but yourself.

That's a lot of words. You must care about this a lot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

look at this loving dweeb lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op's argument in shambles, android users punching air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

lol, itunes sucks balls