Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Chapter this week, praise Nika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Unfortunately I'm still behind, so it can't come out yet.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

scary ghost dog posted:

hm. if vegapunk is right about devil fruits being manifestations of mankinds desire for specific futures, “i want to be like this,” “i want to be like that,” (and i speculate that they were originally manifested using void century technology,) then i have some serious questions about chopper’s fruit

I'm gonna be really mad (slightly miffed) if we get to the end without some followup on how inanimate objects like a gun that ate the dog-dog fruit got desire shoved into them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ragnarokette posted:

I'm gonna be really mad (slightly miffed) if we get to the end without some followup on how inanimate objects like a gun that ate the dog-dog fruit got desire shoved into them

it should never be explained because that’s funnier

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhvMXLf3Og

Odyssey Deluxe is coming to Switch. Comes with the DLC campaign, the classic outfit set, and a new outfit set based on Water 7.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 15, 2024

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Just had a thought. If the live action series, through a major miracle, somehow got up to the point where Luffy activates Gear 5, what the live action should do is have Luffy become an actual cartoon character and interact with the real world like it's Roger Rabbit or Space Jam.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah and we can watch it on smellovision from the space colony

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Just had a thought. If the live action series, through a major miracle, somehow got up to the point where Luffy activates Gear 5, what the live action should do is have Luffy become an actual cartoon character and interact with the real world like it's Roger Rabbit or Space Jam.

He should just turn into Anime Luffy

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Odyssey Deluxe is coming to Switch. Comes with the DLC campaign, the classic outfit set, and a new outfit set based on Water 7.

Isn’t this game simply a less-good Dragon Quest? What do other people think about this game?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Isn’t this game simply a less-good Dragon Quest? What do other people think about this game?

I tried playing it, it was genuinely funny and made me laugh a couple times but the combat was a slog and a half. It's a pretty simple rock paper scissors structure but the real problem is that the damage is so low compared to enemy hp pool. Like early on in Alabasta you have to fight one of the banana crocs and it took so long to kill that I ended up searching to see if I had missed some kind of weakness or item and I had simply bashed through it in classic jrpg fashion. Nope, apparently trading auto attacks for 40 turns is the correct way to play it. I kept pushing on, got to the next boss fight (a pair of banana crocs this time!) and I haven't booted the game up since.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sounds like a game that really wants cheat engine

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The only thing I know about One Piece Odyssey is that if you play as Zoro it turns off the minimap which is very good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Drakkel posted:

The only thing I know about One Piece Odyssey is that if you play as Zoro it turns off the minimap which is very good.

World Seeker had a variant on this for its Zoro DLC, it was just it took the minimap and turned it from a clean image into the chunkiest pixellated map, like some Atari 2600 poo poo.

You could turn this off and return it to normal if you ground up 9999 (99999? I forget) skill points for the single upgrade.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I played a bit of it, it's... pretty much less-good Dragon Quest, yeah. The cutscenes/writing are fun, but the combat is agonizingly slow and very simplistic. It has all the makings of a good game, but just... isn't. A real shame.

But hey, that's licensed games for ya.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

At least Pirate Warriors 3 (and to a lesser extent 4) are good if you’re not allergic to musou gameplay.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

you can even play as Yamato in four!!!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ragnarokette posted:

if you can infuse an object with haki - the manifestation of your willpower - then shoving the manifestation of your dreams into an object isn't that farfetched

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
personally i wanna see an awakened devil fruit using item

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

mikeycp posted:

personally i wanna see an awakened devil fruit using item

One Piece fighting games need to learn from Def Jam Icon and make the record scratch fever dream meter be how they wake their fruit up.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Want to see awakened Jacket fruit

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of Water 7, do you think the giant carnival masks were forced on them by Spandam, or was it their idea? Seems out of character for Hatori to go with goofy masks unless under orders.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Meowywitch posted:

you can even play as Yamato in four!!!

I did not know this, getting PW4 today!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Reiche posted:

I did not know this, getting PW4 today!

he's DLC

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm so ready for this next chapter to be the adventures of Marco and OG Stussy to rescue Weevil. I need the Vista vs Fujitora moment that I know is coming.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

hell yes new chapter this week. I wanna see the big robot, er the giants fighting with luffy, no wait Bonney and Kuma versus the vice admirals, actually no I wanna see The 6 minute timer tick to 5

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Sub Harrison posted:

hell yes new chapter this week. I wanna see the big robot, er the giants fighting with luffy, no wait Bonney and Kuma versus the vice admirals, actually no I wanna see The 6 minute timer tick to 5

5 minutes and 55 seconds!

And it’s 15 pages of giants laughing around the world.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

ragnarokette posted:

What happens if you make a devil fruit eat another devil fruit?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Elite posted:

What happens if you make a devil fruit eat another devil fruit?

Well we’ve already got the No Mi No Mi No Mi…

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really enjoyed Odyssey but I'd also never recommend it. The gameplay is... fine... but it's entirely carried by the charm of the One Piece characters/setting and relies on player awareness of the series to do a ton of heavy lifting.

Edit: I will say, Luffy going up against the Final Boss and tanking a direct shot to the face from a guy whose bounty is only eclipsed by the likes of Roger, Whitebeard and the other Emperors, then just growling,"Is that all you've got?" was cool as gently caress.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 16, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed Odyssey but I'd also never recommend it. The gameplay is... fine... but it's entirely carried by the charm of the One Piece characters/setting and relies on player awareness of the series to do a ton of heavy lifting.

Edit: I will say, Luffy going up against the Final Boss and tanking a direct shot to the face from a guy whose bounty is only eclipsed by the likes of Roger, Whitebeard and the other Emperors, then just growling,"Is that all you've got?" was cool as gently caress.

The main issue with Odyssey is that the mid-to-late part is where it gets repetitive and overstays its welcome. Like, you even retread old environments with filler stuff swapped in like dueling Kung-Fu Dewgongs in the Alabasta underground ruins, which on paper sounds awesome but feels like a waste of time that should've been cut.

Also, if you're a One Piece meganerd there is a pretty big fanservice reward for making it through the whole game in that the final sequence with said boss gives a pretty definitive idea as to what the Ancient Weapons are, what they look like and how they function.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 16, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
There's probably going to be some real cool games made once one piece finally ends and they can just make one big hell game covering the entire story

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want an Arksys fighting game, Gear 5 would look great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arcsys and Bamco are reportedly not on the best of terms so maybe unlikely

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLiw5kDiW9w

:swoon:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Happy birthday Stronger, Doc Q’s horse.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Don't give him any cake. Diabetes, you see.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
spoilers are out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mikeycp posted:

spoilers are out