Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's been a long break can someone summarize the events of the entire series up to now so I can refresh my memory? Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Monkey D Luffy took a bite of Gum Gum and will become king of the pirates

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

it's been a long break can someone summarize the events of the entire series up to now so I can refresh my memory? Thanks

There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams. Before they hung him from the gallows, these were the final words he said:
"My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first! I left everything I own in One Piece..."
Ever since, pirates from all over the world set sail for the Grand Line, searching for One Piece: The treasure that would make their dreams come true!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Plus there were some sweet parties. The first almost half of the manga was also about Luffy's quest to find a musician for his crew. Only took 490 chapters!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams. Before they hung him from the gallows, these were the final words he said:
"My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first! I left everything I own in One Piece..."
Ever since, pirates from all over the world set sail for the Grand Line, searching for One Piece: The treasure that would make their dreams come true!

YO

YA YO YA YOOOO

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

tournament arc, little people, living toys???

Dressrosa got weird quick, but I'm very excited to read more (713)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

hatty posted:

Monkey D Luffy took a bite of Gum Gum and will become king of the pirates

Yo ho ho

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I still think that if you get to the point where Luffy actually knows your name, then Sugar's fruit shouldn't be able to erase you from his memory. Not like him freaking out, just casually insisting that you include someone you don't remember at all in the planned activities.

Edit: Also Luffy shouldn't have cared about the fire fruit, but still jumped into Donflamingo's trap because tournaments are cool.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 16, 2024

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

hatty posted:

I just want an Arksys fighting game, Gear 5 would look great
This is all I want. We got a sick ArcSys DBZ fighting game, we're getting a (probably less sick but still cool) HxH game from Eighting... when's One Piece's turn?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want a Cyberconnect One Piece game like the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

its the exact same world as the one we live in except one thing is different: a mans dreams literally cannot ever die

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

its the exact same world as the one we live in except one thing is different: a mans dreams literally cannot ever die

It did for that one Emperor dude

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Man's dream 'literally too stupid to die'

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Amante posted:

This is all I want. We got a sick ArcSys DBZ fighting game, we're getting a (probably less sick but still cool) HxH game from Eighting... when's One Piece's turn?

Imagine getting one too early only for the coolest fights and powers to be revealed for the final arc when it's too late to add them in as DLC or something even.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pirate Warriors 6 when the whole series is all said and done is gonna be loving crazy. Just take all the time in the world to make it, and have a roster of like 100 characters. Everyone cut from PW3, every strong character introduced from wano onwards. Please

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gimmeh!!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I just hope they eventually make the massive open world exploration game that ends with you finding The One Piece

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Nuebot posted:

Imagine getting one too early only for the coolest fights and powers to be revealed for the final arc when it's too late to add them in as DLC or something even.

Sounds like the perfect excuse for an eventual sequel then

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Funky Valentine posted:

I want a Cyberconnect One Piece game like the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. You are wrong

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chapter

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, more break!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

yamato

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bleck posted:

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. You are wrong
What about a Clash of Ninja-style one from Eighting?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The full summary is out, raws will be here soon, the chapter will be out... in 5 minutes!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Friday Night EST

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crosspeice posted:

The full summary is out, raws will be here soon, the chapter will be out... in 5 minutes!

Can't believe Luffy went vegan. Hell of a chapter.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

we're all post-crash gear 5 luffy and chapter is a very large cartoon drumstick

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

if luffy saw me he'd push me into the ground

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Weird way to petition for the return of DPPH.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

we'd eat some chicken nuggies together

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Gyges posted:

Weird way to petition for the return of DPPH.

i don't get this, i know the acronym but i'm pretty sure it was gone by the time i paid my ten bux. maybe that's good. i'm sorry

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

The Wet Dream Wet Dream Fruit, I see...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

reported for graveposting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey I couldn't help but think,"If they just made a similar game but with One Piece I'd be so happy." Then they said,"What if we made One Piece Dragon Quest?" and I thought that was even better, but they made it kind of not great AND called it Odyssey just to mock me personally!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean wouldn't Black Flag be a better blueprint

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly Odyssey is the best One Piece game I’ve played. It’s…not great, but decent enough. It’s just that all the other ones kind of suck.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kirios posted:

Honestly Odyssey is the best One Piece game I’ve played. It’s…not great, but decent enough. It’s just that all the other ones kind of suck.

I was stupid enough to play the Unlimited Adventure games on the Wii back in the day and man those games were about 5% cool fights and 95% grinding for crafting ingredients to unlock more moves

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my problem with odyssey is how boring the writing was. relive past arcs, but with a twist! except the twist was always to make it less interesting. then the gameplay was equally boring.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
pw3 is peak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
IMO One Piece fighting games peaked with the Grand Battle games where you'd get big elaborate ultimate animations with whatever each character's ultimate move was at the time each game was made.