Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
stella vegapunk isn't actually dead. i don't think vegapunk can die in a meaningful sense. the noise at the end of the chapter is the big rear end fuckin brain or something. the "recording" is actually a livestream from wherever their personalities go upon the body's death before being remade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

tbp posted:

i don't think vegapunk can die in a meaningful sense..

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Still can't believe that we're no closer to learning what the one piece is.

Still cant believe we dont know what Luffy's ultimate dream is. It got teased during the Sabo flashback and again in Wano.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Oda can draw Nami however he wants as long he doesn't put an actual baby face on her like Boichi does to all his female characters, it's genuinely creepy as gently caress

I always thought it was more like a dead fish, personally

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

ragnarokette posted:

Still cant believe we dont know what Luffy's ultimate dream is. It got teased during the Sabo flashback and again in Wano.

It took over 500 episodes for someone to actually ask Luffy what "king of the pirates" means to him. I genuinely love poo poo like this.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

ragnarokette posted:

Full communism

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Not sure if this is a surprise to anyone, but next week is Golden Week in Japan so no One Piece then.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
SPOILERS ARE OUT

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Not sure if this is a surprise to anyone, but next week is Golden Week in Japan so no One Piece then.

More like Golden Weak

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I swear Golden Week happens every 6 weeks

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just a PSA to stay The gently caress away from spoilers this week. Maybe log off twitter etc until friday.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I stay the gently caress away from spoilers every week

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
log off twitter permanently imo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bisse posted:

Just a PSA to stay The gently caress away from spoilers this week. Maybe log off twitter etc until friday.

i appreciate your warning my friend, but I shant

edit: oh wow

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 23, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
loving crazy how [spoiler]one piece is good this week[//spoiler]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cool spoilers are cool

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"What could Vegapunk possibly say that would trouble the world government so much?"

*message*

"Oh, yeah, that'd do it."

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
keep it coming everybody

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

its gotta be about imu, or, like, the founding myth of the world government right

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I mean how many plates does oda want spinning up there jesus

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
vegapunk has been acting very suspiciously since the start of the arc….theres pretty much no way he expected to leave the island alive after calling dragon and telling him he was gonna die. i doubt its even technically possible, considering his brain isnt in his body. im curious what his motive was for asking luffy to take him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give me the phone pics on imgur with some dude editorializing what's happening in the comments.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I don't know how serious people are being, but things like saying "this reveal is cool" is implying that there is a reveal. Which can be kind of spoilery.

Like "chapter good, oh my god amazing" isn't much of a spoiler and is all in good fun. Just saying "there's some amazing new information in the chapter!" is kinda borderline, but potentially a helpful service to folks who want to avoid social media as a result. But outright saying that Vegapunk will finally get his message out is in fact a spoiler and should be behind tags if it's in the thread at all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I read the spoilers and they're poo poo

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
the one piece is tony tony chopper 2, the sequel to tony tony chopper, granting luffy TWO pieces of emergency rations, thus allowing him infinite time in gear 5

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Vegapunk message announces that the one piece is reaaaaallllll

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vegapunk finally reveals the message

A second funnier countdown

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pyroi posted:

the one piece is tony tony chopper 2, the sequel to tony tony chopper, granting luffy TWO pieces of emergency rations, thus allowing him infinite time in gear 5

Surely he would be Tony Tony Tony Chopper?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Surely he would be Tony! Toni! Toné! Chopper?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I can't believe Vegapunk did a worldwide broadcast announcement just to confirm that Crocodile is Luffy's mom. Isn't that actually kind of problematic?

Maybe the Elders had the right idea trying to stop it; it's not Vegapunk's place to put that information out into the world.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
I wasn’t prepared for the last line of the spoilers.

Not even close…

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Eiba posted:

I don't know how serious people are being, but things like saying "this reveal is cool" is implying that there is a reveal. Which can be kind of spoilery.

Like "chapter good, oh my god amazing" isn't much of a spoiler and is all in good fun. Just saying "there's some amazing new information in the chapter!" is kinda borderline, but potentially a helpful service to folks who want to avoid social media as a result. But outright saying that Vegapunk will finally get his message out is in fact a spoiler and should be behind tags if it's in the thread at all.

I can say that I personally have read no spoilers so I have no idea what the gently caress happens in the next chapter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

[spoiler]"I have prepared a better boat, the Million Moony"/[spoiler]

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

[spoiler]"I have prepared a better boat, the Million Moony"/[spoiler]

The Million Moony is actually when Luffy blows on his finger and inflates his rear end so much it blocks out the sun

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mulva posted:

I can say that I personally have read no spoilers so I have no idea what the gently caress happens in the next chapter.
Cool. It did seem like folks were just joking. Carry on. Sorry for the indirect callout!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I read the spoilers and can confirm enel's back baby

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
To be fair we are getting down to it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is that which is why I went with that joke.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Gin ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I can't wait for the part where Vegapunk says he has a solution ready to go whenever, it just needs international political will power and money only for it to get ignored until its too late. Then we could even get another Decks Of The World where everyone reacts with doomposts.

non shitpost part though, I guess we have confirmation of why the Noah had to be preserved through the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Next chapter: Vegapunk says the n word