Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RatHat posted:

https://x.com/newworldartur/status/1785676258526847479

Bad news: Another break after next chapter

Good news: Early scans in a few days

I'm going insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm going insane

In the membrane?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Insane in the brain!

The giant disembodied brain in a jar

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

With everything going on, one thing I can’t wrap my head around is what could possibly happen to Vegapunk’s brain. It won’t fit on the Sunny, will it? Maybe it will go inside the giant robot.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blackbeard getting progressively hosed up as the series went along would have been neat.

Blackbeard being pirate Starr from preacher would be something.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The giant's ship is pretty big, but I don't know how everyone escapes right now, much less pulls off a brain heist. I feel like Vegapunk may be done before the Egghead arc is over.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Spoilers out

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At this point I'm not certain Vegapunk even planned to make it out of Egghead alive, considering he straight up told Dragon through one of his satellites that he was gonna die soon and even if the Government hadn't shown up there must be a limit on how far away he can get from his brain before the apple antenna thingie gives out. I can only guess his whole "Take me with you!" request was a way to get the Straw Hats and the Satellites to leave before poo poo hit the fan but one of the Satellites turning on them screwed that whole plan up.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Drakkel posted:

At this point I'm not certain Vegapunk even planned to make it out of Egghead alive, considering he straight up told Dragon through one of his satellites that he was gonna die soon and even if the Government hadn't shown up there must be a limit on how far away he can get from his brain before the apple antenna thingie gives out. I can only guess his whole "Take me with you!" request was a way to get the Straw Hats and the Satellites to leave before poo poo hit the fan but one of the Satellites turning on them screwed that whole plan up.

Kinda have to second this because his entire brain is stuck on the island. Dude's landlocked for life ain't no way he's going anywhere.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Drakkel posted:

there must be a limit on how far away he can get from his brain before the apple antenna thingie gives out.

sounds like someone doubts the genius of doctor vegapunk

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Feels like Oda is getting really close to D.ropping the meaning...Drowned Desire Dusk Dawn Devil Dreamers bout to be btfo'd by the man of Genius who transcends the World

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Vegapunk feels super dead, if it wasn't One Piece I would say 100% going to die for sure. He's delivering his piece of knowledge for the plot, and later explanations can always be pre-recorded if needed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sanji has been dragging a corpse around for like four months

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like the broadcast specifying it will only air when his heart stops beating means Vegapunk still has a chance to comeback.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He'd comedically going to rise up and say he has a pacemaker or something after they arrive in Elbaf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
so THAT'S the one pace...

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Flubby posted:

The giant's ship is pretty big, but I don't know how everyone escapes right now, much less pulls off a brain heist. I feel like Vegapunk may be done before the Egghead arc is over.

I literally forgot there were giants with ships available. So there’s a route to the brain finding it’s way onto a ship and onwards to Elbaf.

Losing it would really be a shame, it would be like losing Wikipedia irl.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

Sanji has been dragging a corpse around for like four months

He's done far grosser things.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Gully Foyle posted:

Vegapunk feels super dead, if it wasn't One Piece I would say 100% going to die for sure. He's delivering his piece of knowledge for the plot, and later explanations can always be pre-recorded if needed.
We saw his brain in a jar last week and like 70% of his consciousness is still running around the island

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Stella was Vegapunk's original consciousness and that consciousness is dead. He programmed his message to go off when he died and stella died so it seems like the straightforward interpretation (Shaka and pythagoras died and nothing happened, and > half of punks are still alive).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 2, 2024

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
He could just be put on ice like Garp.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

We saw his brain in a jar last week and like 70% of his consciousness is still running around the island

I mean he feels like he will be super dead by the time the arc ends, not at the current time.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
If it were earlier in the story I'd say he almost has to die to keep any tension or mystery in the plot. Honestly that probably is still true but we will see. Robin kinda cleverly skirts the same problem by respecting Luffy's wishes to not ruin the adventure.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

ragnarokette posted:

If it were earlier in the story I'd say he almost has to die to keep any tension or mystery in the plot. Honestly that probably is still true but we will see. Robin kinda cleverly skirts the same problem by respecting Luffy's wishes to not ruin the adventure.

I absolutely have a headcanon that Robin's had a lock on Laugh Tale's location for a good while but doesn't want to ruin Luffy's fun lol

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I feel like Lilith is going to end up as the only Vegapunk to survive because a) Oda will never turn down the chance to draw a hot woman and b) Having the "evil" Vegapunk be the only one left is a parallel to the good one dying first and the way that the pirates are the ones on the sides of real justice vs the marines.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nephthys posted:

I feel like Lilith is going to end up as the only Vegapunk to survive because a) Oda will never turn down the chance to draw a hot woman and b) Having the "evil" Vegapunk be the only one left is a parallel to the good one dying first and the way that the pirates are the ones on the sides of real justice vs the marines.

By this logic york could and should survive too

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Too lazy to die

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ragnarokette posted:

i was thinking that this is probably a big reason why yamato couldnt, narratively, travel with the straw hats. dude has oden’s journal, knows luffy’s dream (& that roger had the same dream), and probably knows an awful lot about the void century/laugh tale. i imagine oda planning to include yamato and then going “oh wait poo poo if yamato is on the crew when <event> happens he would just tell everyone <detail>”

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

scary ghost dog posted:

i was thinking that this is probably a big reason why yamato couldnt, narratively, travel with the straw hats. dude has oden’s journal, knows luffy’s dream (& that roger had the same dream), and probably knows an awful lot about the void century/laugh tale. i imagine oda planning to include yamato and then going “oh wait poo poo if yamato is on the crew when <event> happens he would just tell everyone <detail>”

oda doesn't make mistakes, he cooks.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I think York, Atlas, and Lilith will all survive. Atlas and Lilith both got a lot of screentime early on introducing the satellites. It seems like they were set up more for the audience to imprint on.

York will be a WG minion, and probably not live the comfy life she wanted, but still produce Mother Flame for the World Government to keep that tension up.

Earlier I thought that maybe Atlas would stick with the Strawhats and Lilith would meet up with Blackbeard's crew and give Blackbeard his own "evil" scientist, but I don't know if Van Auger and Catarina are even still on the island.

Pretty sure Stella and the rest of the satellites are dead. Edison is technically still alive, but he keeps throwing up death flags and getting badly injured so I figure it's only a matter of time.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

oda doesn't make mistakes, he cooks.

agreed which is why i think yamato will join the crew after they reach laugh tale and obtain the one piece, and i suspect this was the intent to begin with as an inversion of oden’s journey (fight kaido -> protect wano -> become pirate VS become pirate -> protect wano -> fight kaido)

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Do you guys think the other 4 Elders ever give Ethan any poo poo for not wearing a suit like the rest of them?

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

MisterDuck posted:

Do you guys think the other 4 Elders ever give Ethan any poo poo for not wearing a suit like the rest of them?

Nah, they're used to his horsing around by now.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

MisterDuck posted:

Dude is always polishing his sword, they’re probably worried he would ride roughshod all over them if they say anything.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Nusjuro's horse form is completely white so he is just being consistent.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
How many more magic swords does zoro need to catch up to sanji?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

How many more magic swords does zoro need to catch up to sanji?

Enough to pull off Unlimited Blade Works

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

scary ghost dog posted:

agreed which is why i think yamato will join the crew after they reach laugh tale and obtain the one piece, and i suspect this was the intent to begin with as an inversion of oden’s journey (fight kaido -> protect wano -> become pirate VS become pirate -> protect wano -> fight kaido)

I cant believe Yamato is going to be the guy that joins the party right before the end of the last disc...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nephthys posted:

lilith has the most entertaining personality of the bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I like Atlas, who also has a big fluffy tail.