Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mraagvpeine posted:

what about akainu?

All cops are crybabies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Gyges posted:

He asked his tattoo artist to put "Freedom Fighter" in the language of the Void Century, but it actually says "Try-hard Edgelord". Robin knows, but she doesn't feel the need to point out the mistake.

This goes well with my theory that the reason Crocodile didn’t want Ivankov spilling his secret is that Crocoboy used to dress god awfully and Ivankov has photographic proof of how bad he used to look. Ever since he updated to his rad Alabasta drip, he’s lived in constant fear that his old self will released to the public and everyone would make fun of him. Especially because it was the Marineford War and the whole dang world was watching

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

RatHat posted:

I still love that she apparently had Law make her a bird just because she wanted to, she didn’t have injuries like the centaurs.

EDIT: Somewhere in the world there’s still a bird with Monet’s arms and legs

Law must have been a fan of the Photoshop arms onto birds thread :haw:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

No Wave posted:

Akainu killing Aokiji for no reason at all doesn't even make sense... what part of his characterization suggests he'd do that?

I’m pretty sure Akainu killed a marine or a few during the Marineford War. And he was about to kill Koby too

Edit:

Reiche fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 25, 2023

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Gyges posted:

I think Cartoon Science is at least equivalent to a fruit for Franky.

Cartoon Science for Franky and Evil Genius Science for Sanji

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I cant stop thinking about Buggy

My reaction to how awesome Buggy is

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

oddium posted:

whenever there are less than 19 swords shown that many missing swords are simply hidden behind another sword

There’s a sword behind throne, you just can’t see it. No you can’t go up there

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Yamato should have joined at the end of Wano I will die on this hill

This soured the end of Wano quite a bit for me

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if the anime is going to play up any further the Plant Admiral accidentally (I assume, unless, he's just REALLY good at playacting as a monstrous rear end in a top hat) reseeding the wastelands of Wano with plant life? I was genuinely surprised that Oda didn't have any of the characters mention it or discover it before we moved on to Egghead, and I'm curious if it was a permanent thing or died off once the Admiral ran away.

Also this sounds ripe for a cover arc story

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

The brutal truth that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Nami and Usopp have the most chemistry together

Nami falling for Ussop’s curses against Enel is one of my favorite bits in the whole manga.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

hatty posted:

One Piece was supposed to end at Loguetown, Luffy was actually supposed to be executed

Oda’s biggest regret is not killing off Luffy so Buggy could be the main character

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

Kuma sees Blackbeard and warns Luffy of another Buccaneer legend. BB is the night man, fighter of the day man.

Hmmm makes sense since Nika is the Champion of the Sun.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

They say winter is chilly, but truly spring is the coldest time.

They say sometimes it’s darkest just before dawn

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Scholtz posted:

I think Oda should take less breaks and give us more chapters.

I want to be on Chapter 2222 this time next year.

The Monkey’s Paw curse is that he adopts the Bleach method of glacial pacing so inevitably the same amount of story content ends up coming out.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Carrot was a good addition for Whole Cake because of the split crew but I feel her character arc peaked with her moment with Sanji post-arc where they shared a moment about Pedro. Her patting Sanji on the head was a fantastic moment.

She felt forced-in during Wano and didn’t really do anything and I never felt a need for to join the crew. Yamato instantly endeared himself to me and in my opinion, him not joining at the end put a damper on Wano as a whole. Buuut now that we’re getting a cover arc for him, maybe that will justify it more to me.

Yamato on Egghead would have been intensely fun shenanigans

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I liked Monet’s spiral nerd glasses!

She was a cool character but the way she got iced by Caesar was cold

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

you can even play as Yamato in four!!!

I did not know this, getting PW4 today!