Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior posted:

yeah handbuff paladin fed on unrefined decks but I think a light touch is what's needed to be honest

or nerfs that also hit flood paladin

ooooor they could nerf 3 paladin cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Thank god they're nerfing Odyn, the Warrior card that isn't played in the best current Warrior deck.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Excelzior posted:

ooooor they could nerf 3 paladin cards

Oh so they just KILLED killed Paladin because of a post expansion power jump. What the gently caress.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
With the caveat that we don’t know what they are yet, these moves feel overly reactionary. It’s only been a week and the meta is still settling. Aggressive nerfs feel ill-timed.

Hitting Plushie, in particular, seems real dumb. If you can’t manage that card you don’t have a viable Standard deck anyway.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Get ready for demon hunter

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

The cost reduction zilliax was kind of absurd, I can see it losing the cost reduction on friendly minions and only get cheaper based on opponent board.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Scholtz posted:

Thank god they're nerfing Odyn, the Warrior card that isn't played in the best current Warrior deck.

control warrior has a better winrate than highlander warrior and it's exactly the deck that's using odyn as its wincon

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Assuming they are taking Bolt out of Thrall's Gift, this could make Shaman even better. Gift is one of the worst-performing cards in the deck, and my intuition is that it will be replaced with stronger early minions. Can't wait.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ferroque posted:

Get ready for demon hunter

yeah the prophecy is coming to pass

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

Assuming they are taking Bolt out of Thrall's Gift, this could make Shaman even better. Gift is one of the worst-performing cards in the deck, and my intuition is that it will be replaced with stronger early minions. Can't wait.

Idk I think it's more likely we get like frost shock or something instead

e: actually my guess is Lightning Storm, just as iconic and there isnt any aoe already in the package

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 26, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope the plushie nerf is something really minor like making it a 3/1 or something. If they bump it up to a 4 drop that's gonna be real sad

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

maybe it's just a volume nerf on the "meow" sfx :ohdear:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I hope the plushie nerf is something really minor like making it a 3/1 or something. If they bump it up to a 4 drop that's gonna be real sad

3/1 or 4 drop I think are better nerfs than what we will get, which is I think, 2/2

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Idk I think it's more likely we get like frost shock or something instead

e: actually my guess is Lightning Storm, just as iconic and there isnt any aoe already in the package

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm saying the card will be cut from the list in favor of ways to get more early chip damage.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I think my favourite Odyn nerf would be same ability, but half your armor gain for the rest of the game. Dunno how else to change it without completely gutting the card.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I bet it’ll just be a mana change, I could even see it going to 10.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
9 mana seems appropriately clunky for a lategame warrior card

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Oenis posted:

I think my favourite Odyn nerf would be same ability, but half your armor gain for the rest of the game. Dunno how else to change it without completely gutting the card.

I was thinking either the first time you gain armor in a turn, gain that much attack, or gain attack instead of armor. But they'll probably bump its cost up instead.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

peer posted:

9 mana seems appropriately clunky for a lategame warrior card

I bet anything if they nerf it to 9 now they end up having to nerf it to 10 before the end of the year. It’s an unbelievably strong ability that is benefitted by also making yourself unkillable and drawing a billion cards all the while.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Huh, gaining attack instead of armor would be a very interesting change.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I will say I'm not shocked about the Awakening Tremors nerf. That cards been a 2x staple in just about every hunter deck because of how devastating it is against decks without efficient pings

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
what are the two buffs and the two nerfs on the far right, for the benefit of those of us who can’t recognise card art

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

what are the two buffs and the two nerfs on the far right, for the benefit of those of us who can’t recognise card art

buffs are Sky Mother Aviana (druid legendary) and Frost Lich Cross-Stitch (mage spell). Both are Whizbang cards.

Nerfs on the right are Deputization Aura (Paladin aura) and Aftershocks (Warrior/Shaman spell). both are Badlands cards

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Julio Cruz posted:

Someone commented that Twitter alt-text is more useful than the actual image for this and they were absolutely right.

quote:

Under a green "Up" arrow and encircled in green is the card art for Sky Mother Aviana and Frost Lich Cross-Stitch.

Under a red "Down" arrow and encircled in red is the card art for Awakening Tremors, Tigress Plushy, Deputization Aura, Shroomscavate, Thrall's Gift, Aftershocks, Odyn Prime Designate, and Zilliax Deluxe 3000 (Ticking Module).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Julio Cruz posted:

Buffs

Sky Mother Aviana
Frost Lich Cross-Stitch

Nerfs

Awakening Tremors
Tigress Plushy
Deputization Aura
Shroomscavate
Thrall's Gift
Aftershocks
Odyn, Prime Designate
Zilliax Deluxe 3000 Ticking Module

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Whoever had the bright loving idea that Auras should be stackable on top of each other can fall into a mulcher on the slowest setting.

They should work like secrets and quests.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Whoever had the bright loving idea that Auras should be stackable on top of each other can fall into a mulcher on the slowest setting.

They should work like secrets and quests.

I thought they did? Can you stack the same aura on top of itself?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

RatHat posted:

I thought they did? Can you stack the same aura on top of itself?

A recent patch changed it so that you could.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a change they just made with the expansion patch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That’s a very odd change. Breaks established rules and isn’t very useful anyway

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That 7 mana aura would be unplayable without this change. I mean, it is still unplayable.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I want deputization aura (especially paired with the Tiger) to go in the loving sea, so that's fine by me.

(Like, it's a regular occurance for Paladin to go from sub-10hp on Turn 5 to full again, it's really loving lazy & easy to do.)

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Deputization Aura was completely fine during the last expansion and was an essential card for helping slower decks like Highlander and Earthen turn the corner, so I hope they don’t kill it. The problem is charge + windfury.

Like, Paladin should be able to use its minions to heal. It’s fine.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
My experience in Wild now is 50% mech Rogue and 50% of the greediest Renathal control decks you've ever seen. What decks beats both?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Correct - The issue is they added a bunch of new ways to both take advantage on play, (I.E A bunch of Charge options you can play to the Left) AND to further handbuff that Minion.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Big fan of this recent trend where the first quest of an event requires you to play or destroy a certain card that isn't free

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

Big fan of this recent trend where the first quest of an event requires you to play or destroy a certain card that isn't free

better yet, it doesnt work and will NOT give you credit if you destroy it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jepetto was in the premade shaman and paladin decks for last week's brawl which is how I did it

too late now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Been having a lot of fun with Reno Shaman, definitely feels viable against a lot of the field. You've got good defense and healing for the burn shamans, the control tools for the DKs, strong board clears for the Hunters and DHs, strong taunts for the Paladin matchup, and just good overall flexibility. Control warrior is definitely the tough matchup but you can put on a lot of pressure especially if you get Shudderblock rolling.

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 1x (1) Pop-Up Book
# 1x (1) Shock Hopper
# 1x (2) Amphibious Elixir
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Gold Panner
# 1x (2) Jam Session
# 1x (2) Needlerock Totem
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
# 1x (3) Fairy Tale Forest
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Turn the Tides
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Aftershocks
# 1x (4) Baking Soda Volcano
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) Sand Art Elemental
# 1x (5) Altered Chord
# 1x (5) Doctor Holli'dae
# 1x (5) Hagatha the Fabled
# 1x (5) XB-488 Disposalbot
# 1x (6) Golganneth, the Thunderer
# 1x (6) Shudderblock
# 1x (7) Giant Tumbleweed!!!
# 1x (7) Shining Sentinel
# 1x (7) Wish Upon a Star
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (4) Twin Module
# 1x (5) Perfect Module
#
AAECAYncBB79nwSW1AS+0AWt7QX08gWN9QW2+QWH+wXYgQb5jAaplQbslQbOnAarnQatnQacngafngbNngbRngbHpAanpQaopQbPpQbUpQakpwaopwbTpwavqAaBuAbv5gYAAAED9bMGx6QG97MGx6QG6d4Gx6QGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is definitely not an optimal list but I opened a signature Hagatha so there's no chance that I don't play it. I mean just look at this sick art