Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Came back to this after a couple years of not touching HS.

Aggro Shadow Priest in wild is criminally strong. After a couple days trying to slog my way the ladder with my favorite deck (Elemental Mage) I gave up and switched to Priest. Climbed from Silver 5 to Plat 4 in one easy session after dinner and before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Elemental Mage is not good in Ranked Wild but you can have some fun in Casual with it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think elemental mage has ever been that good, even with DK Jaina it was pretty much her carrying the deck almost singlehandedly while nowadays she's not even close in relative strength.
I think there was a version with Khadgar and the twinspell card that splits a minion that was pretty good but probably not tier 1.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The closest Elemental Mage has ever been to viable was during the Year of the Raven, when you played 27 minions, two Book of Specters, and Frost Lich Jaina, and tried to kill your opponent with Mountain Giants and Meteorologists. Even that was more of a “Kibler can make Legend with this, but you’ll find it a slow climb yourself” kind of deck. I remember it pretty much folded to Odd Paladin and Odd Rogue, which was, uh, not a good quality to have that year.

They can’t seem to come up with a good gameplan for Elementals that isn’t just “vomit your hand onto the table and hope your opponent can’t deal with it,” which is kind of disappointing. The most recent batch, with its horrendous penalties for ever missing an Elemental drop, even more so.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I got this from a rando Chinese player, I have not translated the deck name(sorry if it's offensive), but it's a solid effort in the Elemental Mage space. Still not great.

### 元神,启动
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Elemental Evocation
# 1x (1) Elemental Allies
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Tar Slime
# 2x (2) Aqua Archivist
# 2x (2) Gold Panner
# 2x (2) Shale Spider
# 1x (3) Living Dragonbreath
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Overflow Surger
# 2x (4) Scorch
# 2x (4) Unchained Gladiator
# 2x (5) Tainted Remnant
# 2x (6) Volcanosaur
# 2x (7) Animated Avalanche
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (7) Therazane
#
AAEBAc2xAgbzrwP6sAOt7gPxmwb9sAbo5gYMoMECyIcDyocDh7YDn9QEsf4F1JUGzpwGmJ0GwZ8GzKIG7eYGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Chernabog posted:

I don't think elemental mage has ever been that good, even with DK Jaina it was pretty much her carrying the deck almost singlehandedly while nowadays she's not even close in relative strength.
I think there was a version with Khadgar and the twinspell card that splits a minion that was pretty good but probably not tier 1.

DK Jaina is my favorite card of all time and while her deck has never been super strong I used to have a positive winrate but now I do not. I can often manage the fast decks fine but OTKs and Wheel of Death are next to impossible to stop for such a slow deck.

edit: Aggro Shadow Priest is so fast that I haven't really found any bad matchups yet. It's faster than other aggro decks and can often position for lethal before control or OTK can get their defenses online.

Tuxedo Gin fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 9, 2024

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I think what makes DH really strong right now is that you can curve out your game plan in almost every game. Hero power or 1 drop turn 1, Weapon draw on 2, weapon on 3, double window shopper on 4, double demon on 5 with mana spare. There are decks with more powerful plays but it seems to hit them every time.

avantgardener fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 9, 2024

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I don't think Demon Hunter is too oppressive but then again I'm in low diamond and probably still playing poorly against some classes, but I wonder if a proper nerf (if the indeed are doing it) would be buffing the weapon to 3 durability instead. It would slow everything down one turn without making the Shopper obsolete.

Maybe nerfing the damage of the weapon to 2 at the same time, though that seems major, considering how crucial point that 3rd attack power is.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I got this from a rando Chinese player, I have not translated the deck name(sorry if it's offensive), but it's a solid effort in the Elemental Mage space. Still not great.

Have you tried to make no minion mage work in wild? That's something I'm exploring right now with the new tools. It's okay for casual so far.

### no minion
#
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
# 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
# 2x (2) Void Scripture
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 2x (4) Spot the Difference
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (5) Star Power
# 1x (6) Blizzard
# 2x (6) Manufacturing Error
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (8) Yogg in the Box
# 1x (9) Rune of the Archmage
# 1x (10) Sunset Volley
# 1x (10) The Galactic Projection Orb
#
AAEBAcu+BQj73QOgigT+ngT7ogTx0wTR+AX0mwa6pwYLwAGBvwPgzAPb3gSEkwWAwgXz8gWDlQblpgbmpgazpwYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I think it needs to be less greedy, but I do very much want the whole greedy GPO suite in there.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just took 600+ damage lol. I lost but this is a new personal best:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/QKUzsUy98QAZxEzbef7qyG

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Oenis posted:

Have you tried to make no minion mage work in wild? That's something I'm exploring right now with the new tools. It's okay for casual so far.

I have not but I will try your list if i can build it

Edit: yeah missing a few cards. I'll do a dusting spree later

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Oenis posted:

### no minion
#
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
# 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
# 2x (2) Void Scripture
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 2x (4) Spot the Difference
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (5) Star Power
# 1x (6) Blizzard
# 2x (6) Manufacturing Error
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (8) Yogg in the Box
# 1x (9) Rune of the Archmage
# 1x (10) Sunset Volley
# 1x (10) The Galactic Projection Orb
#
AAEBAcu+BQj73QOgigT+ngT7ogTx0wTR+AX0mwa6pwYLwAGBvwPgzAPb3gSEkwWAwgXz8gWDlQblpgbmpgazpwYAAA==
#

I think it needs to be less greedy, but I do very much want the whole greedy GPO suite in there.

Going to try this, thanks!

Also, per my post awhile back,. it's that time of month. IF my hypothesis was correct, Casual Wild should see a spike in people playing high level net decks and an increase of BMing. BMing generally consists of the opponent saying "Thanks" or "Greeting" or "Threaten" right before dealing lethal. Please let me know if anyone else sees this.

My hypothesis was that not-very-good net deckers have leveled out for the month and are taking out their frustrations in casual.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It really feels like this expansion has leaned into degenerate strategies much more than previous post-rotation metas. I don’t long for Barrens meta, but it feels very unhealthy for decks like that rogue deck that can cheat out a stealth reborn mech that doubles attack each turn so early.

e: also wild how dead the excavate package is when it was all over the previous format which had like 300 more cards

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 9, 2024

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

What Highlander cards are there really? Reno, Brann, is that it? If your entire deck relies on proccing those two cards you deserve to be interactive. I don’t know man, this all feels like Reno decks pissed they don’t get to just do whatever they want. No one cares that you missed the ability to double up battlecries for the rest of the game, that’s called balance.

lol what

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

That's all for now. Looks like they found this to be important enough to adress in the Battleground patch.

quote:

Umpire’s Grasp

Old: [3 Mana]
New: [4 Mana]

Dev Comment: Since our last balance patch, Demon Hunter has been a clear power and playrate outlier, warping the meta across all ranks. Pushing back its ability to cheat out powerful demons should bring it more in line with the rest of the meta. We’re accelerating our normal balance patch window to address this one outlier with Patch 29.2, but are keeping our normal post-patch hotfix balance window to give us a chance to make wider changes in the coming weeks, once the meta is less warped around one dominant interaction.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Feels like that doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it happen less often (do they have coin or not)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think DH will stick around with the hybrid window shopper / blindeye sharpshooter list but it won't be EVERYWHERE anymore.

It's still powerful, but slow enough that most decks will have answers.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mcbexx posted:

That's all for now. Looks like they found this to be important enough to adress in the Battleground patch.

Huh, will be interesting to see if that’s enough to slow DH’s roll

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I hope they address virus rogue in the next big patch too.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Reddit is super funny right now though.

Welp guess DH is deleted from the game, again.

Really not a fan of the recent trend of "delete the best deck" every 2 weeks

DH is dead I guess...

Don't see the meta improving with DH deleted

The cycle continues.

People see something nerfed by 1 mana -> they get angry and say that nothing will change -> it turns out that 1 mana on a key card is a big loving deal and the deck gets much weaker -> no one learns anything and when they see another 1 mana nerf next time they get upset again.

You're 100 percent wrong, DH will be in the basement like Paladin now

Lol DH dead

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 11, 2024

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scholtz posted:

Feels like that doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it happen less often (do they have coin or not)

I mean, this is a perfectly reasonable balancing philosophy. There are very few cards or decks that are so toxic they need to be outright deleted

I kind of feel like this is a huge nerf? It slows the deck down a lot and makes its curve a lot more awkward. A lot of decks can out-hustle a turn five 6/5. And it’s not like DH has a host of powerful stuff to fall back on in the event that Grasp/Shopper is no longer good enough.

Zarimi Priest looks like the next public enemy number one. Its matchup spread minus Demon Hunter is immaculate.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I guess my mind was more set on making it a 3 Mana 2/3. That way it's slowed down no matter if you get the coin or not, and the second weapon is also slowed. It'd also tone down the aggro to the face a little bit.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

until the nerfs I woudl expect a mixture of

Nature Shaman
Zarimi Priest
Wheel Lock
Dragon Druid
Control Warrior

DH will still be present at lower levels, with a slim number of shopper/shooter dh at high legend

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Don't forget Plague DK, which has some decent counter play to the bottom 3 you listed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scholtz posted:

The Reddit is super funny right now though.

Welp guess DH is deleted from the game, again.

Really not a fan of the recent trend of "delete the best deck" every 2 weeks

DH is dead I guess...

Don't see the meta improving with DH deleted

The cycle continues.

People see something nerfed by 1 mana -> they get angry and say that nothing will change -> it turns out that 1 mana on a key card is a big loving deal and the deck gets much weaker -> no one learns anything and when they see another 1 mana nerf next time they get upset again.

You're 100 percent wrong, DH will be in the basement like Paladin now

Lol DH dead

In fairness, they keep doing this to warrior and warrior keeps shrugging it off like it’s nothing.

So what’s the best Zarimi deck these days >:)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Odyn warrior definitely feels a bit less powerful now. I won't say it's been nerfed but waiting until turn 9 to drop him leaves you much more open that I had expected. That being said, I'm still using the free version. I should get around to working on a more expensive version

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

The perfect curve of 1 drop, instrument tech into umpire's grasp into the 6/5 and 1/1 is a turn later and gives most control decks time to either find efficient answers, or aggro decks enough time to get in under the magtheridon

edit: this means i should probably cut some of the hyper specific dh hate in half my decks, glacial shard swapped for something more catered to longer games. I'm despising Tentacle Warrior most out of all the decks i'm up against, although that ones hard to hate out unless you get an on time helya+other plague enabler.

Shabadu fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 11, 2024

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

So what’s the best Zarimi deck these days >:)

I played this one today. Haven't looked at the VS report, so it might not be optimal:

### Custom Priest3
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Giftwrapped Whelp
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (1) Ship's Chirurgeon
# 2x (2) Celestial Projectionist
# 2x (2) Dreamboat
# 2x (2) Power Chord: Synchronize
# 2x (2) Scale Replica
# 2x (2) Whelp Wrangler
# 1x (3) Pip the Potent
# 2x (3) Starlight Whelp
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (5) Timewinder Zarimi
# 2x (6) Thirsty Drifter
# 1x (7) Aman'Thul
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (3) Pylon Module
# 1x (5) Ticking Module
#
AAECAZqrBAbm5AXP9gWknQbHpAbpqAbm5gYMougDyMYFu8cFoukF2voF44AGhY4GxpwG8ZwG6qgG66gG3PMGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
#

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

After trying out VS' list a bit I think Pain Lock will be the dominant variant of lock after nerfs. It's not the perfect 30 either. Worst case it will keep the durdle decks honest and force them to run a bit of reach and proactiveness

### PAIN
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 2x (1) Spirit Bomb
# 2x (2) Celestial Projectionist
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Elementium Geode
# 2x (3) Forge of Wills
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Malefic Rook
# 2x (3) Trolley Problem
# 1x (4) Pop'gar the Putrid
# 1x (4) Sheriff Barrelbrim
# 2x (5) Blood Treant
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 2x (9) Imprisoned Horror
# 1x (5) Perfect Module
# 1x (5) Ticking Module
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAECAZzcBQT5xgWhkgaAngbHpAYNhKAEzuQFzvoF1/oF44AGhJ4GxJ4G0J4Go6AG96MGpqgGnLMG8OYGAAED9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG7t4Gx6QGAAA=
#

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
feels so good to gently caress over Warlocks with the Wheel of Death by saving all the Plague cards until they destroy their deck, and then using Reska 3x (via Excavate trigger) to steal their big dudes

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Apparently there are drops enabled for the Spring Masters Tour on Twitch.
It actually even showed up in the launcher 😮

3 Whizbang packs (one pack for watching 2 hours every day)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The real nerf victim of this patch...

In the arms of the angels...

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I can't believe there isn't an achievement for getting lethal with a wisdomball.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

fanny packrat posted:

I can't believe there isn't an achievement for getting lethal with a wisdomball.

They've begun shying away from achievements that are pure RNG or that require your opponent to walk into it. (I think they got burned by the "Kill your opponent with a spell transformed by Oh My Yogg!" achievement.)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the single biggest xp achievement for whizbang is your opponent letting you finish them off with the mustache'd minion drawn by Caricature artist

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Excelzior posted:

the single biggest xp achievement for whizbang is your opponent letting you finish them off with the mustache'd minion drawn by Caricature artist

I got that with the disguised minion merely being on board.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Valiantman posted:

I got that with the disguised minion merely being on board.

ooh then its considerably better than I thought, good to know

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Anyone actually seen a Joymancer Jepetto out in the wild? We're coming up on the deadline and I haven't seen a single person play it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Lumbermouth posted:

Anyone actually seen a Joymancer Jepetto out in the wild? We're coming up on the deadline and I haven't seen a single person play it.

I've been that person! Messing around with HP Druid. Turns out it isn't great when people can make taunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I briefly tried a Chaotic Tendril warrior that was designed to play as many of those little bastards as possible but never got it to fire off consistently.