Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I like the highlander change. And look forward to the return of tentacle warrior next expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Well that was about 10k dust all told, nice haul.

edit: going into wild I wish they would've changed all highlander cards and not just current gen.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 25, 2024

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Battlegrounds bug PSA: the golden Scrap Scraper battlecry does nothing

Edit: Utility Drone scaling is bugged too, at least for the golden version. Exactly how it's bugged wasn't obvious to me, but it was barely buffing anything

Luff fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 25, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Excelzior posted:

rip tentacles regardless lmao

I feel like nature shaman is still ridiculously strong? 3 mana flash and 6 mana crash don't really do it imo

Nature Shamans still gonna probably be a deck but you can tech against it pretty hard with cards like Speaker Stomper and Cult Acolyte so I don't think it will get too out of hand

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
ten games of my dumb elemental shaman (5-5) and i've yet to see kalimos. that seems unlikely

edit: 65 turns total and i never drew him :psyduck:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

legend feels like its 50% highlander warrior :shepicide:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

All ladder...
Because make number go down with as little fun as possible is all this game is really about.

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023
The nerfs didn't touch my deck because it's terrible.

This warrior played a Boomboss with Brann, then on my turn I played three Boombosses and one more the turn after. That was fun.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

suddenly Tony is anti-boomboss tech

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Since the bombs go into the opponent's deck they can also now blow themselves up. Haven't seen it happen yet, but I wonder if they ever get adjusted to trigger on destruction too.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the patch notes specified they wouldnt blow other TNT's up, but a bug would be the least surprising thing ever

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
people on reddit have already started spamming "waaah brann warrior bad" posts so pretty sure it's going to be nerfed to the ground soon, handbuff paladin-style.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i welcome it :twisted:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just make it double the first battle cry you play per turn.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Well, although I am glad to never see Time Warp stupidity again, Wild might be even more aggro than ever. Hope you like aggro priest.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Didn't think of it before, but the "ALL" minions will buff every minion with the "+3/+2 spell for this type" spell. Duh, but I can't recall if there was a universal ALL minion during Battleground Spells?

Menagerie is back on the menu, boys

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can confirm spell mage is still dog poo poo even with the buffs lmao

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Spells? In mage? How dare you.

I hate the nerf to play pen or w/e the Hunter location is. I’m sure it was strong because I’m sure it was strong but I didn’t play some perfect deck with it!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

kater posted:

I hate the nerf to play pen or w/e the Hunter location is. I’m sure it was strong because I’m sure it was strong but I didn’t play some perfect deck with it!

ChatGPT, is that you?

I like that we've 'fixed' efficient board clears, yet DK is easily doing it for 5-6 turns consecutively. The power creep has finally caught up with them. It's not even 'good' from a power standpoint, but it's loving boring to slog through.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 26, 2024

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
The only kind of decks I really hate is the one where wincon is "stall and hope that enemy player dies of boredom".

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i wish you could craft signature legendaries for like... 6400 dust or whatever. i want hagatha now that she's good better

peer fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 27, 2024

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

peer posted:

i wish you could craft signature legendaries for like... 6400 dust or whatever. i want hagatha now that she's good better

Even though I don't care for Mech Rogue, I wouldn't mind a signature Mimiron. They should open those up as a gold/dust sink.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
It's dumb that you can make Gold cards but not usually upgrade past that. Give me dust/gold tiers for Diamond/Signature upgrades without gambling on lovely packages. I spend 400 Gold on one Gold Standard pack, I'd spend more for better.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Have they done signature art for every card? Crazy that they get so little screen time if so. Same for lots of the goldens.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah only a handful each expansion get signature art, mostly legendaries

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
They do about half a dozen non-legendaries per expac (which usually come from reward tracks), plus about a dozen or so legendaries (which are in packs, or in the shop).

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Welp Priest is dogshit again, what joy

edit: sure loved those two weeks of being decent

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Played a Reno Tendril Warrior who didnt get the memo that Sunset Volley was "buffed" to 9 mana :laugh:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

orangelex44 posted:

Welp Priest is dogshit again, what joy

edit: sure loved those two weeks of being decent

That’s okay, Warrior is the place for Priest enjoyers now. Never play a Minion unless it Discovers or Draws until endgame, delete everything, gain 10-15 health a turn, play a win con. It’s basically the same Class with a different colour.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
The game is better when Priest is Priest and Warrior is dogshit, prove me wrong. At least Priest is capped to 30 life to die to OTKs.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m so loving sick of warrior decks and I am genuinely stupefied as to how they have dodged any consequential nerfs for almost half a year

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t disagree with you but, honestly, it feels worse in the inverse. When was the last time Warrior was playable…at all? Priest had one archetype (that was p bullshit but v hard to play) and that got nerfed into the ground.

Careful what you wish for, I guess

Warrior feels a little overtuned, but not too much. Make it a little worse, and it’s fine. Hunter worries me more, frankly

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Time is a flat circle binch

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's great, next the devs are going to react to the problem they should've fixed in the previous patch and completely miss the growing problem developing in response to it

in this manner the devs are forever a patch behind the actual problems and the meta never improves at higher levels, leading to endless bitching and free content

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean, this latest patch was a pretty big swing at trying to undercut power levels of about as many things as possible & anecdotally it feels pretty successful on that front even if i agree brann warrior feels like an outlier in terms of inevitability and not caring what the opponent does (the main target of that swing)

that said, it looks like it's not exactly a winrate outlier, at least to hsreplay's data

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The thing about Warrior is that it has very few angles to actually beat you. Its win conditions are:

1) Inventor Boom resurrecting Zilliax
2) Ignis
3) Azerite Ox
4) Attrition

Only one of these provides any kind of burst potential aside from highrolly “discover multiple Rags/Groms into an empty board” Ox discovers. Its damage and value are both hard limited compared to other decks in the format.

In theory, it doesn’t seem like it would be impossible for a properly-tuned deck to answer all these win conditions and outlast the Warrior. Rat, Viper, and board wipes can really inhibit their ability to actually beat you. But the major problem is that Boomboss makes it extremely awkward to hold answers in your hand and deploy them at the right time. That one card makes trying to play a reactive game incredibly dicey and kind of beats value-based plans singlehandedly. That’s the card I’d hit if it were me.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 30, 2024

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I’m so loving sick of warrior decks and I am genuinely stupefied as to how they have dodged any consequential nerfs for almost half a year

the odyn deck is completely dead now, what do you mean?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

bravesword posted:

The thing about Warrior is that it has very few angles to actually beat you. Its win conditions are:

2) Ignis
3) Azerite Ox
4) Attrition

Only one of these provides any kind of burst potential aside from highrolly “discover multiple Rags/Groms into an empty board” Ox discovers. Its damage and value are both hard limited compared to other decks in the format.

In theory, it doesn’t seem like it would be impossible for a properly-tuned deck to answer all these win conditions and outlast the Warrior. Rat, Viper, and board wipes can really inhibit their ability to actually beat you. But the major problem is that Boomboss makes it extremely awkward to hold answers in your hand and deploy them at the right time. That one card makes trying to play a reactive game incredibly dicey and kind of beats value-based plans singlehandedly. That’s the card I’d hit if it were me.

So, yes, it's Priest. :v:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

2) Ignis
3) Azerite Ox
4) Attrition

Don't forget the warrior gets Dirty Rat too (doubly so post-Brann) so your own answers and wincons aren't always going to be available for you either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'm enjoying highlander dragon priest. It's got insane value, you can beat plague DK by getting the egg out and keeping your hand at 9 cards so you never draw anything, or diluting the draw pool with 1 cost legendaries. The main thing I've lost to has been spell mage, weirdly enough, have slowly been climbing to d2 with it a few games per day.