Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is the Whizbang triple-quest deck available for all classes or is it just Shaman? because the Shaman one is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Pretty crazy how few silence effects there are now. There's the Priest/Rogue dual class card, the 4 mana 4/4 Librarian, and that's it.

Hey now, there's also the new Purifying Power.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm tired of paladin, please delete this class Blizzard. Why does one of the best face decks have so much healing lmao

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don’t think it’s a good deck because it can’t be consistent, but Warlock being able to highroll two 15/15s on turn 6 is pretty dumb

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Shroomscavate should be "can't attack face this turn." Which would at least halve the dmg, but having a 10+ attack charge minion is still a problem.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

made the mistake of crafting dh epics instead of a legendary - the paladin legendary i opened was a painting tauren that ive seen noone use. Gonna save for zilliax or maybe just take the f2p option and craft whizbang.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Chernabog posted:

Shroomscavate should be "can't attack face this turn." Which would at least halve the dmg, but having a 10+ attack charge minion is still a problem.

I have no idea what rear end in a top hat decided "it's been a few years, surely things are amped up enough now that adding Charge back to the game won't affect anything".

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Desdinova posted:

made the mistake of crafting dh epics instead of a legendary - the paladin legendary i opened was a painting tauren that ive seen noone use. Gonna save for zilliax or maybe just take the f2p option and craft whizbang.

Taurem is really nice in a handbuff deck with the 3/2 Rush cat. He lets you make both the regular and the mini one huge.
He's also a second source of buffs to leroy if you don't draw him early.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Patrick Spens posted:

Taurem is really nice in a handbuff deck with the 3/2 Rush cat. He lets you make both the regular and the mini one huge.
He's also a second source of buffs to leroy if you don't draw him early.

I think they meant Pipsi Painthoof who is meant for a big pally deck that isn't quite there (it's not helped by the other options being so strong).

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I completely forgot about her.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I won a couple of games with big paladin, but it is honestly super boring to play. Basically pray you get Kangor or the DS taunt elemental and just stall forever.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

A friend asked me for deck advice so I made the deck and modified it a bit. They took some of my advice and modified theirs. We'll compare again later. I doubt this is the final list and it def could be better but it's fun:

### Raptor Quest
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Raptor Hatchling
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Fetch!
# 2x (2) Jungle Gym
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Painted Canvasaur
# 2x (2) Remote Control
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (2) Time-Lost Raptor
# 2x (3) Saddle Up!
# 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
#
AAEBAa/XAwLjiwOkpQMO2QnquwKNwwKghQOizgPb6gO/0wTSjgaYoQbnpQbqpQbypQb/pQaSpgYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

the first time I used a homebrew deck to hit legend was an unseal the vault quest hunter list back in descent of dragons when I opened and wanted to use shu'ma, so this has my Seal of Approval

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm not sure I like Wheel.

It feels like playing an OTK, only you have to flimsily put your components on the board, tell your opponent what you're up to, and it's got a time delay on it. A traditional OTK you can garner wins by people not realising that's what they're up against; This affords no such luxury.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Even though it's Not Good right now, glad to see no-minion mage back in the mix. Can't play around my spells when even I don't know what they're gonna be lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i hadn't really seen it in the conversation, but this hunter deck is the highest performing on the way to legend according to hsreplay

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'd strongly recommend using https://www.hsguru.com/ (formerly d0nkey.top) over hsreplay, unless you already have a subscription or something. All filters are readily available and the data is more accurate (I think).

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023

Sloppy posted:

What's your list?

### Wishing Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bloodrock Co. Shovel
# 2x (1) Deafen
# 2x (1) Stick Up
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (2) Dart Throw
# 2x (2) Greedy Partner
# 2x (2) Kaja'mite Creation
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Thistle Tea Set
# 2x (3) Bounty Wrangler
# 1x (3) Velarok Windblade
# 1x (4) Drilly the Kid
# 1x (4) Sonya Waterdancer
# 2x (5) Wishing Well
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
#
AAECAbCaBgSLpAXQlAaOlgaKqAYN9p8E958E7qAE6PoFyYAGkIMGyoMGuYYGyJQGyZQGzpQGjZYGiagGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I want to fit Breakdance in there but I don't want to remove the Deafens even though they're not great in every game (but when they are great they're really great). Thistle Tea Set is very good but it can easily clog up your hand so I try to pick lower cost choices unless there's some insane value card. Keep Tess in mind when you discover cards, and ask yourself "how good would this be when it gets replayed?" Board clears like Twisting Nether have to really be worth it to use before Tess, but any card that targets enemies is pretty safe.

Mulligan for Wishing Well and then cards that give you coins. The excavate stuff isn't a path to victory by itself, like the scorpion is good but you're not going to win with spells alone. You need a board, and that's what WW gives you, and then Tess + Shadowstep gives you board wipe protection. If you WW on T5 and you have Sonya in hand, save your legendaries for T6 and use her to duplicate them.

This is not a "good" deck but it's one of the few HS decks I enjoy playing and I'm sure it'll get me to D5 if I spend enough time playing it over the next week, which I might because the new expansion smell hasn't worn off yet. It can beat anything with the right rolls, and its low roll game and dead hand percentages are still a lot better than Thief Rogue has had for a long time.

edit: also keep Velarok if you get him in your opening hand.

Powered Armor fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 22, 2024

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Julio Cruz posted:

I don’t think it’s a good deck because it can’t be consistent, but Warlock being able to highroll two 15/15s on turn 6 is pretty dumb

Excuse me, High roll is THREE 15/15s on turn 5 with coin.

What you're describing is what Warlocks call "Tuesday".

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023
Here's a nice high roll I just got against an Armor Warrior:

T6 Wishing Well with two coins -> Halveria + Al'Akir.

T7 Play Sonya -> 2 x Al'Akir + 1 x Halveria (they only had one minion to hit). They cleared on their turn.

T8 Play second Halveria, Tess to end up with 3 x Halveria and 2 x Al'Akir. They had two minions out now so the Halverias smashed them and then they died on 30 armor + health or something.

edit: goodnight, Handbuff Paladin!

edit 2: guess what happened next!

Powered Armor fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 22, 2024

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Shockeh posted:

I'm not sure I like Wheel.

It feels like playing an OTK, only you have to flimsily put your components on the board, tell your opponent what you're up to, and it's got a time delay on it. A traditional OTK you can garner wins by people not realising that's what they're up against; This affords no such luxury.

I actually dislike it for the opposite reason — the card basically says “this game is over in four turns, one way or the other.” The only counter play is to try and kill your opponent as fast as possible, and I hate when that’s the correct answer to a deck. You can’t stall, you can’t stack armor, you can’t disrupt their win condition. Just put your opponent on a clock they can’t beat, or lose. It’s pretty lame, even if it’s not overpowered.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Tendrils sure went from “huh okey” to “oh gently caress” this expansion. I faced a Brann warrior who quickly shat out tentacles that got to 10 mana, and it’s like there’s only two 10 mana spells that they can cast? Either the new warlock one that does 3 damage to all enemy minions or the mage one that does 10 damage to all random enemies and summons a giant minion to boot. Evil.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Guess I won't be trying for any achievements for awhile... all Mech Rogue in ranked Wild.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Are those ColorCreature bots user accounts or Blizzard bots?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chernabog posted:

Are those ColorCreature bots user accounts or Blizzard bots?

users

blizzard bots are limited to new players fighting through the apprentice ranks and the initial climb afterwards

they also dont run mech rogue, but rather just basic cards played impossibly fast

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

and I can confirm wild is currently absolutely FLOODED with mech rogue bots

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
They need to add a basic captcha before you can start a game at this point

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Make the player complete last week's Tavern Brawl before queuing

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tendrils sure went from “huh okey” to “oh gently caress” this expansion. I faced a Brann warrior who quickly shat out tentacles that got to 10 mana, and it’s like there’s only two 10 mana spells that they can cast? Either the new warlock one that does 3 damage to all enemy minions or the mage one that does 10 damage to all random enemies and summons a giant minion to boot. Evil.

I ran into a Shaman deck that does the same deal, back by that new "draw a Battlecry" location and Shudderblock.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I ran into a Shaman deck that does the same deal, back by that new "draw a Battlecry" location and Shudderblock.

Gave that deck a try in the tavern brawl, not too bad but got beat by buff dh.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Guess I won't be trying for any achievements for awhile... all Mech Rogue in ranked Wild.

I've not ventured into Ranked Wild yet but that looks super duper fun.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

A friend asked me for deck advice so I made the deck and modified it a bit. They took some of my advice and modified theirs. We'll compare again later. I doubt this is the final list and it def could be better but it's fun:

### Raptor Quest
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Raptor Hatchling
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Fetch!
# 2x (2) Jungle Gym
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Remote Control
# 2x (2) Time-Lost Raptor
# 2x (3) Saddle Up!
# 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
#
AAEBAa/XAwLjiwOkpQMO2QnquwKNwwKghQOizgPb6gO/0wTSjgaYoQbnpQbqpQbypQb/pQaSpgYAAA==
#

UPDATE:

### Paw Patrol
#
# 2x (0) Snowflipper Penguin
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Sneaky Snakes
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Bunny Stomper
# 2x (2) Fetch!
# 2x (2) Jungle Gym
# 2x (2) Remote Control
# 2x (3) Saddle Up!
# 2x (3) Spirit of the Lynx
# 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
#
AAEBAa/XAwLjiwOkpQMO2QnquwL2/QLkiwOizgOL7AXLjgbSjgbTnAbnpQbqpQbypQb/pQaSpgYAAA==
#

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Headless Horseman isn't a wildly OP hero; it's pretty modest, actually. But his HAHAHAHAHA! emote is too OP.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I finally got to play a few games and his AHAHAHAHAHAHA is great but it’s second to his taunt which is like 15 seconds to recite; it’s the Knights of the Round of taunts

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So far, here are my thoughts on this expansion/rotation;
-Brann continues to prove himself as a massive mistake, even with Astalor gone
-Aggro/Mining/Handbuff/Whatever Paladin is continuing it's strong tradition of being annoying as gently caress, but beatable (will change in either direction when poo poo gets more optimized)
-Aggro/Dragon Priest is scary as all gently caress, seems unbeatable if they draw right.
-Wheel of DEATH might not be a meme after all, not sure how I feel about that.
-Mage/Shamam/DH are all in various states of "lol", Mage is probably even in "lmao" mode right now

Everything else I either have barely seen or haven't made my mind up yet.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DH is fine as a tempo king deck

Umpire's Grasp into Window Shopper is ridiculous

here's a list taken from Feno

### SMOrc
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (0) Through Fel and Flames
# 2x (1) Burning Heart
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
# 1x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (1) Red Card
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Parched Desperado
# 2x (2) Spirit of the Team
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Umpire's Grasp
# 1x (4) Going Down Swinging
# 1x (4) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Window Shopper
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (3) Pylon Module
# 1x (4) Ticking Module
#
AAECAdD8BQSU1AT3wwXh+AXHpAYNuMUF2dAF5OQFsvUFuf4FhY4GjZAG6Z4G7Z8GvrAGw7AGzLEG7+YGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QGku8Gx6QGAAA=
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I've not ventured into Ranked Wild yet but Casual has a lot of Mages with infinite Fireballs and Druids doing spell damage. What can't Druid do?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Excelzior posted:

DH is fine as a tempo king deck

Umpire's Grasp into Window Shopper is ridiculous

here's a list taken from Feno

### SMOrc
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (0) Through Fel and Flames
# 2x (1) Burning Heart
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
# 1x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Red Card
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Parched Desperado
# 2x (2) Spirit of the Team
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Umpire's Grasp
# 1x (4) Going Down Swinging
# 1x (4) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Window Shopper
# 1x (3) Pylon Module
# 1x (4) Ticking Module
#
AAECAdD8BQSU1AT3wwXh+AXHpAYNuMUF2dAF5OQFsvUFuf4FhY4GjZAG6Z4G7Z8GvrAGw7AGzLEG7+YGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QGku8Gx6QGAAA=
#

I played that list a bit, seems good. Shaman's zoo/burn deck is starting to get interesting. I need more reps with it, but it seems like it can get under paladin, burn out warlock, and concede against warrior.

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Flowrider
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Lightning Reflexes
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Pop-Up Book
# 1x (1) Spirit Claws
# 2x (1) Thrall's Gift
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dryscale Deputy
# 2x (2) Flash of Lightning
# 2x (2) Gold Panner
# 2x (2) Kobold Geomancer
# 2x (2) Needlerock Totem
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (5) Crash of Thunder
#
AAECAfe5AgKXoASU5gYO6ucDo58E+Z8ExNAFze4FyvgFy/gFhY4G65gGzpwGnJ4GqKcG66kG7+YGAAA=
#

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Despite how its written, each new Lab Patron counts the following armor gain as "the first" and procs again

the result :

the achievement is incredibly easy if you just stick patron is the current "cycle and gain armor then become "Reno" " deck

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 23, 2024

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
with a single sonya on the board, one valeer's gift is four deadly poisons

thank god for cover artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
This is 100% a meta where you should run weapon removal. Almost every commonly-encountered deck is running weapons, and in some cases it's impossible to win without destroying them (mostly Rogue, although Highlander Shaman puts in an argument too).