Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Shockeh posted:

This, but removing the Priest, Aggro Priest, and the Aggro Druid is rare as gently caress. (I've literally played against it twice.)

Everything else is Spooky Mage and Ramp.

I play against them a decent amount, its bizarre and at this point I just mulligan as if the druids aggro every time Im in shithouse legend though, running between 5k and 8k

And now Ive played 3 implocks in a row.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Last King posted:

still need this done?

Yep! Sorry had to log off earlier.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Pretty bored of this meta. Just played a bit of boar priest to salvage my 11th bonus star so I can wait for the next patch to shake things up.

Funny how that deck, which I figured would be countered by Theotar, feels better able to play around him than anything else I've played.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It feels like almost every game is vs Druid or Warlock and I'm pissing about at dad Legend doing achievements with a sub 20% win rate.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
More nerfs next week:
https://twitter.com/AlecoGereco/status/1564412811526098944?t=it3Xw2h7um5DNXIQkHkx9Q&s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this is sure to please Zach and the VS report

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
If they're hitting neutrals it sounds like they're going after denathrius? Maybe remove the initial 5 damage, or make it infuse 2 instead of 1? Or they could also maybe go after kael, but I haven't found him to be that backbreaking. Going after my boy theotar would be counter intuitive, it feels like it's the only thing you can use to defend yourself against the combo pieces, even if it's mostly used in mirror matches.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh I frankly think the meta is complete dogshit and I hope they delete denathrius and theotar

I did get up to level 150 on the reward track this month though

:shrug:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think Denathrius is the problem, he's a 10 mana card that needs to sit in your hand for a long time and there are tools to deal with him in Theothar and Mutanus. He should be very powerful.
The issues are:
1- Playing him along Brann - While it may seem like Brann is the problem here, the main culprit is Kael enabling the combo. Druid can also do it with Guff but he exists to do that type of thing so in that sense he's fine, making his mana crystals empty would be a good nerf IMO. Relic DH can also do it without Kael but it is extremely unreliable so I think that's fine too.
2- Copying his battlecry (shaman)- The parrot should only copy the base battlecry, not the infused. I imagine they don't want to do this because other cards do get the infuse effect, but I think it is different because the cards essentially change after getting infused while Denathrius remains the same.
3- Druid is a design mess. Not only shouldn't they have access to good board clears but scales is one of the best in the game right now and the mana cost is a non-issue for them. They also have too much "tutoring" which makes them too consistent and boring to play against.

Edit: I also think mage is a big problem but not because of Denathrius.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 30, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oenis posted:

If they're hitting neutrals it sounds like they're going after denathrius? Maybe remove the initial 5 damage, or make it infuse 2 instead of 1? Or they could also maybe go after kael, but I haven't found him to be that backbreaking. Going after my boy theotar would be counter intuitive, it feels like it's the only thing you can use to defend yourself against the combo pieces, even if it's mostly used in mirror matches.

Other than the ubiquitous legendaries (Brann/Kael/Denathrius/Theotar) I think the only other neutral card that sees major play is Insatiable Devourer; maybe they nerf the infused form to eat a random adjacent minion instead of both?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
hope they don't touch theotar. i don't think he's an issue at all

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Theotar is a bit too consistent(I think he should be “Discover a card from your hand and trade it with a random card in your opponent’s hand” or something) but yeah

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Denathrius and Theotar are 100% fine as is IMO

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
It’s Kael. Maybe Brann too. Denathrius is fine, although he falls into the problem area of being a One Card Neutral Endgame that everyone will be seeing for four more expansion cycles. Theotar is healthy for the format overall - the game needs as much combo-killer and player reactivity as it can get.

I hope they finally murder Druid for once.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm just playing Quest Priest and having a great time honestly. Feels like I have at least a fighting chance against most decks I see

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RatHat posted:

I think Theotar is a bit too consistent(I think he should be “Discover a card from your hand and trade it with a random card in your opponent’s hand” or something) but yeah
This would kill the card and its actual use case. Discovering opponent card and swapping with a random card in your own hand would preserve his purpose while making him less good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The current meta would be even worse without Theotar. Honestly, the biggest problem with the neutrals is Brann. Maybe too powerful to be in the core set!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Chernabog posted:

3- Druid is a design mess. Not only shouldn't they have access to good board clears but scales is one of the best in the game right now and the mana cost is a non-issue for them. They also have too much "tutoring" which makes them too consistent and boring to play against.

This. Someone here made an excellent point in the old thread about how ramping for Druid is fine IF there is a risk of being overrun while ramping, but Scale of Onyxia (and now to a certain extent Flipper Friends) reduce that risk. Also, with druid able to tutor Sire Denathrius easily, these rush token-based board clears also provide fuel for a now even harder to avoid inevitable fire.

One small change I can think of that might be good for Mage would be to make their location freeze a random minion. Giving them 3 targeted freezes (ignoring the skeleton generated) really goes too far against too many decks IMO.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Just update Denathrius' effect from Battlecry to "At End of Turn".

Removes the Brann effect and parrot shenanigans, while functionally the only difference on the card is if you were trying to clear some taunts for your board to attack.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Brann should never have come back to the core set and it's not like there's some weird reason why. He limits design space and is too powerful but it seems like Team 5 enjoys the game being a swingy mess more often than not.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I think it's strange that the player who owns an infuse card doesn't have to infuse it if they get it with Theotar. The infuse mechanic should not stay with the card but with the player who has infused the card.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
so you're saying... buff denathrius?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still think Insatiable Devourer is a problem card. It heavily punishes one of the only ways to play around Denathrius (playing big stats to absorb the damage). It also makes Druid’s supposed weakness of lack of hard removal completely irrelevant, since now playing big minions against them results in a devastating tempo swing as they gain a 20/20 minion that clears your biggest stuff

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I guess I read the runestones patch notes wrong. I was under the impression only battlegrounds stuff would be purchasable with runestones but no, now everything in the shop except for regular packs has this mobile game garbage currency attached to it. Not like you could buy a lot of stuff with gold before but this is what I would call "Not a great look".

EDIT: Yea so everything that used to have a $ price is now...runestones.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i think the fact that devourer is barely played outside druid indicates it's not in itself the problem, but rather druid's ramp-on-demand and endless boards of x/1s with rush

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
the genius beancounters at blizzard have done it. rather than the typical, more predatory thing of having expensive bundles with more value, they have done the complete opposite in many countries! 10% off if you buy 8k in 500 increments. transaction fee problem uh, solved (well, the UK and Mexico so far, but i'm assuming it's a rounding thing and they hosed it up loads of places)

PneumonicBook posted:

EDIT: Yea so everything that used to have a $ price is now...runestones.

you'll still be able to buy prepurchases, the tavern pass, non bundle packs (and the golden miniset) with cash. otherwise, yeah, runestones.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 30, 2022

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Quotey posted:

the genius beancounters at blizzard have done it. rather than the typical, more predatory thing of having expensive bundles with more value, they have done the complete opposite in many countries! 10% off if you buy 8k in 500 increments. transaction fee problem uh, solved (well, the UK and Mexico so far, but i'm assuming it's a rounding thing and they hosed it up loads of places)

you'll still be able to buy prepurchases, the tavern pass, non bundle packs (and the golden miniset) with cash. otherwise, yeah, runestones.

This can't be real.

I refuse to believe this is real.

:lmao:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
lololol

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I guess they missed the part where people hate that poo poo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

"You were reconnected to your game. Resuming..."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Mayveena posted:

I'll give them this much: they are, for the moment, following their stated purpose of "this is literally the same cost as before, we just want to sell smaller products, but anything less than $5 gets too much eaten by transaction fees to get approved". There's still no reason to trust them to not be exploitative trash going forward, but I am pleasantly surprised we have any time of it being reasonably straightforward.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Quotey posted:

Yeah I think this is just a mistake with converting from USD because the USD prices don’t have this issue

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

peer posted:

i think the fact that devourer is barely played outside druid indicates it's not in itself the problem, but rather druid's ramp-on-demand and endless boards of x/1s with rush

I disagree about it being barely played, it’s a 2-of in both shaman and big hunter. I don’t think it’s as egregious in those classes since it’s easier to position your board against them compared to druid, but it’s still the most widely ran Nathria neutral card that isn’t a legendary

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i have never seen it in big hunter but i'll take your word for it, sounds cool. in shaman, though, i think macaw is the problem card

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

Yeah I think this is just a mistake with converting from USD because the USD prices don’t have this issue

The USD prices actually also had this issue, just not to this degree.

The USD prices were just $0.01 off, so 8000 Runestones in 16 small purchases would be $79.84 versus buying directly for $79.99

But 63.84 versus 69.99 is a tad more of a difference :lmao:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AnacondaHL posted:

The USD prices actually also had this issue, just not to this degree.

The USD prices were just $0.01 off, so 8000 Runestones in 16 small purchases would be $79.84 versus buying directly for $79.99

But 63.84 versus 69.99 is a tad more of a difference :lmao:

Yep, that's £6.15 less that I'm not paying them.

Just queued for a BG to see what it was like. No lobby popped for over a minute. Literally nobody is playing the game now, thanks to this gacha poo poo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Dribble bartender skin in Battlegrounds has a unique greeting if your hero is Denathrius, that's cute

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jedit posted:

Yep, that's £6.15 less that I'm not paying them.

Just queued for a BG to see what it was like. No lobby popped for over a minute. Literally nobody is playing the game now, thanks to this gacha poo poo.

Highly highly doubt that lol. Probably just a mix of people playing on their phones without the update (it doesn't force you to download it yet)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mayveena posted:

"You could always stop playing, but hey, you've just invested years and hundreds/thousands of dollars into this game already..." :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

PneumonicBook posted:

Brann should never have come back to the core set and it's not like there's some weird reason why. He limits design space and is too powerful but it seems like Team 5 enjoys the game being a swingy mess more often than not.

Yeah just removing brann would be a pretty good fix and wouldn't cost them anything in dust refunds. They could even cycle in an interesting legendary (zephyrs?) to make up for it.