Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
poo poo, battlegrounds will stop giving xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Ah good I misread that.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
got challenge a friend quest patspens#1675

e: and taken.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 28, 2022

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

PneumonicBook posted:

I hadn't heard about this but when he pulls Hydralodon the arms don't get rush so I would assume whatever the issue was is fixed.

I mean, rules as written that makes sense. The hydralodon gets rush, but the arms are separate creatures and so don't get that buff, and the battlecry doesn't trigger so the arms don't get rush that way. It's annoying, but I don't think it's a bug.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Does anyone feel like the dual class arenas just don't have that many class cards? I've played a lot three runs now, and it's been a lot of smashing piloted shredders and silvermoon guardians into each other.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Oenis posted:

I love the idea of Souleater's Scythe to enable spell DH. What are the 2 other minions you run besides Jace? Also, do I understand it right that you could use these discovers to get like 3 Jace if you wanted?

No, once you discover one of the stored minions it is removed from the pool. It triples your chances of drawing the minion you want the most, but it's still only one copy of it.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Am I crazy for thinking about cutting Xymox from Relic DH? It seems like he's too slow for the faster matchups and in the slower ones he needs to hang out in your hand as the only possible minion to get snyped by Mutanus or Patchwork.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Especially because Mighty could have won the game by just wirlpooling his own Astalor.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

NorgLyle posted:

I feel like the real problem, say it with me, is Brann.

Pretty sure the real problem is that Druid can drop 36 mana worth of minions in one turn. Brann + Alastor are both neutrals but they're only a problem with one class.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah and that's definitely strong, but the game in general is strong enough I don't think that is problematic.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah and if it were back in good old days of Ungoro or whatever it would be insane. But it's 2022 and the Mage and the Rogue that tried that against me today died after they wasted turn 8 playing it. The overall powerlevel is high enough that Brann + Astalor is only really a problem if a Druid is using it to drop 60 on you in one turn.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Do you have any dust you can use for crafts?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
So you're pretty close to something like Fell Demon Hunter And even if you don't want to just copy another deck list, I think you really want a Jace Darkweaver as a finisher. That deck does struggle against rogues though. Depending on exactly how much dust you have you could craft Jace and the Quest and do something like Quest Demon Hunter which is what I used to get to legend and is a ton of fun to play.

You've got a bunch of cards dedicated to silencing taunts, and I'd recommend killing them instead.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
It's not meant to. You mostly use it with Unleash Fell as a boardclear/heal or with Fell Barrage to ship a bunch of damage to the face.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Oenis posted:

battlegrounds is super boring, does anyone know how much of it I have to bear so that it counts as "playing" for the quest?

It's a videogame, it's ostensibly for fun. If you aren't having fun doing something, don't do it just for a few packs.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

bravesword posted:

Is this even a nerf? It’s just more cost reduction. It’s not like Questline DH is trying to race out the final reward; they’re only interested in the intermediate steps.

It slows you down on the first stage, it's a lot easier to draw four cards early than five.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Man, making stealth so easy to access was a mistake in battlegrounds. That is just way too good when you get a leaper comp.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
If you're hunter you can also drop Pozzik on turn 7 to set up a pretty nasty collateral damage.

Also Teron Gorefiend should probably not be allowed in beast lobbies. I juiced my blood gems up to 8/117 each.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Kalageeses

Fun fact, it is in fact possible to run out of a minion. A couple of times I triggered Vela, and nothing came out.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 30, 2023

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I mean I'm only in low Diamond, but it has been awesome for me as long as I don't run into deathrattle Druid or Blood DK. The hound is just such good stabilization and healing against aggressive decks.

And yeah, if you play it aggressive enough you can be killing with Crush on turn 7.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 23, 2023

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Not thrilled that Druid gets their own private Reno Jackson that also summons a big taunt.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
So fun fact? If the card that the Victim's Spectre quest reward gives you causes a minion summoned by Bassgill to get tripled, that golden minion will stay locked and cannot be played or summoned by Bassgill until a full combat has passed.

Yeah that very much killed me.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Probably not because you can't have two Rhythm and Roots active at once.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I should clarify that I've never actually played Rhythm and Roots with Fandral active or whatever, I just know that because I got two copies in an arena draft once.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

AnacondaHL posted:

The full order list via reddit was figured out a while ago:

1) Class Packs
2) Golden Standard Packs
3) Standard Packs
4) Golden Expansion Packs
5) Claim Amazon Prime Legendary on Twitch.tv
6) Expansion Packs
7) Accept rewards track legendaries after opening all your packs

Why do you need to wait to accept the rewards track legendaries? Either you reroll them when you pick them off the track or dupe protection stops you from opening them if you already have them.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
So had an took Renathal hound hunter up to legend at an 80 percent win rate. I don't know guys. I think the bit where you clear the board, heal for 20 and smack them in the face for ten as a hunter might be just a little bit busted.

Also this was a one in a million secret interaction, but wow this was funny.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/hcciakEyqYmFnAyFCmDQGx

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah this sounds cool.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Ain't the card's fault you missed the "if possible" in the text.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Anyone else getting a battlegrounds bug where it hangs up right before combat and then cannot reconnect to your game if you restart? I've had it happen twice now.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

All the single tribe anomalies are awful

I had a bunch of fun with all dragons last night.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Something's hosed with the RNG for the Yogg anomaly in battlegrounds. It's turn 12 and I've had Curse of Flesh 11 times.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Neat! I was kinda hoping for a bit of vanilla battlegrounds after anomalys though.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Handbuff hunter dunks on control warrior, so if you're running into a lot of them I recommend it.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Hey neat, Badlands achievements will keep giving xp if you complete them after rotation.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Desdinova posted:

made the mistake of crafting dh epics instead of a legendary - the paladin legendary i opened was a painting tauren that ive seen noone use. Gonna save for zilliax or maybe just take the f2p option and craft whizbang.

Taurem is really nice in a handbuff deck with the 3/2 Rush cat. He lets you make both the regular and the mini one huge.
He's also a second source of buffs to leroy if you don't draw him early.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I completely forgot about her.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

I thought they did? Can you stack the same aura on top of itself?

A recent patch changed it so that you could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I feel like the more hate than love is true regardless though. People hate braindead aggro ruining their fun, or control removing all their minions or midrange just having way too much value. Whatever's good will attract a stream of haters.