Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Boatswain posted:

What beats up on Spooky Mage? It's all I'm seeing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Quotey posted:

I haven't been following lootbox stuff, but surely most European courts would laugh at an intermediate purchase invalidating legislation?

But other games do the same thing? Maybe they don't sell the games in the EU? If I think of a popular game that makes you buy in game currency I'll post again, just very early in the AM for me.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Nvm

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Where is the report button on PC? I am playing with someone who is deliberately roping til the last second with 3 mana

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Can you challenge friends to brawl and then trade concedes just to get the pack?

What will happen is that you will get a warning if you concede before you're at 5 mana.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

If you’re playing standard, anyone see any class other than druids and mages? They need a emergency hot fix or something.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I think it's strange that the player who owns an infuse card doesn't have to infuse it if they get it with Theotar. The infuse mechanic should not stay with the card but with the player who has infused the card.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I guess they missed the part where people hate that poo poo.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Last King posted:

i am shocked. absolutely. shocked.

Well that makes it much better. I could see having a kid who likes to play HS and being able to give them a runestone allowance.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Patch notes tomorrow, patch next week.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Oenis posted:

I don't know if it's a lack of refinement for the cooler decks, but the patch did the opposite of making the game more interesting for me. Imp+Curse warlock is kinda fun, but I could do without the absolutely boring highroll aggro decks.

Aggro decks are easier to make and play and after a change, they have been nearly always the most popular. In a week or so, the streamers will have had time to perfect the control/slower decks and those will begin to show up.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

bravesword posted:

This format seems pretty sweet since the nerfs. The only deck I really hate playing against is Miracle Rogue, which seems to have fallen off over the last few days, and there are multiple decks I’m having fun playing. Surprisingly, the Curse Imp deck feels really fun. I hated the straightforward Imp Aggro version because it felt like you might as well give up if you ever fell behind on board, and I hated Control Curse because of how reactive and passive it is, but the hybrid of the two hits the sweet spot. Sometimes you curve out and tempo them out with minions and buffs, and sometimes you do 10-15 damage with minions then fall back to dealing the rest with Curses. It probably doesn’t have the gas to deal with a deck that has a lot of dedicated healing, but it’s comfortingly versatile against most everything else.

I don't see any functional change with Gruff/Druid. Seems like the same deck to me.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

As I was saying about Ramp Druid. I don't know what they were doing but nerfing ramp Druid is not what they accomplished. Pic is from today's Viscious Syndicate.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

bravesword posted:

I daresay this is more or less what they intended. It clearly wasn’t a nuke-from-orbit change, nor should it have been.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Kibler had a video on his thoughts about it and the other power decks and he said the problem with the deck is that it either wipes out the opponent with impossible to counter play or it dies on the vine. That is not fun game play. A deck should not be black or white. Imp/Curse lock is a great deck because the opponent can respond. It still has a fairly decent win rate but there's interaction on the board and it's not an aggro deck. Not so with ramp Druid. So honestly I don't see why they changed Gruff at all, it hasn't had any meangingful impact on playing against it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

HSReplay also hasn't updated their decks in ages it seems. They still don't have the full spectrum of Mage decks being played for example and I think I'm going to end my sub because of this.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Anyone seen a deck list for an XL hunter deck that plays Quest plus Wildseeds and Secrets? I checked on d0nkey, no luck

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Thanks found it!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Using cards from the mini set, Kibler played Theotar as a Warrior and his opponent was a Shadow Priest. The Theotar failed completely and Kibler is reporting it as a bug as there was nothing in play that would indicate that it would fail.

E: being reported as an issue on reddit as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 27, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Sinistral posted:

From what I’m reading it looks like you can’t Theotar hero cards.

When Kibler tried, it let him choose a card in their hand and his hand and then nothing happened. Hero cards were targetable by Theotar yesterday so I don't know what's going on with that.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Yeah, he slots in so easy, and he's almost always better than whatever other drop you have on 4, it's always a race to jack up their plan before they jack up yours. When he first came out I'd try to hold him for a specific combo piece or quest reward but quickly learned that's just a great way to lose to him their Theotar. He doesn't even need a body to be good, could just be a spell.

I had Theotar in my deck for a while, but as a Big Spell Mage it was difficult (unless I had the coin) to make an actual trade. I got rid of him.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

VS is showing Beast Hunter from 18-21% of the meta. How much of any given meta (or this meta) should a deck be played on competitive ladder (ie D4 and above). Curious to read folks' thoughts on this.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-243/

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

This concept is addressed in the now-infamous "Airing of Grievences" VS podcast

but in general, in the 10-class era, anything over 15%18% probably indicates diversity is being hampered

So it's on the edge. All kinds of ways to nerf the deck but I'll be super pissed if they nerf King Krush. He's iconic now and should not be messed with :colbert:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

bravesword posted:

Go back seven years and tell yourself that King Krush is seeing more serious Constructed play than Tirion Fordring, Lord Jaraxxus, Grommash Hellscream, or any Dragon Aspect.

Tirion hasn't had a fit in even Tier 1 Pally meta decks, probably because he costs too much for what he is and/or the Pally meta has been dominated by mid speed play vs control style play. Lord Jarraxxus doesn't fit in any kind of Warlock deck, he should probably be re-thought as it doesn't look like there's going to be a deck for him in any future metas. No warriors running Grommash? I don't run warriors so I wouldn't know. King Krush is currently a staple in Beast Hunter and was a staple in the previous meta expansion, so he's certainly current.

(note I'm only discussing Standard here).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

Edit: haha beast hunter has a favorable matchup against every meta deck besides aggro druid and naga/bless priest. yikes.

Good point. Should matchup favorability be considered when they nerf?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

No Wave posted:

Most people playing HS don't force themselves to play the literal strongest deck at any given moment. Even the most broken decks in history never went above 35%. People also have their own opinions about deck matchups/favorability.

I am making the assumption that people who are Diamond 4 and above (as I mentioned) are playing to win and have access or get access to Tier 1 decks. Which is why I limited the question to only those who are that high up in the rankings.

I am super curious as to what is currently happening and whether or not Blizz will nerf the deck. Thanks for engaging with the issue.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

I think it'll see a nerf, but after a playing the deck a bunch ... it doesn't feel super strong?

It feels like midrange-control - you make efficient plays every turn and have a decent top end.

VS podcast thinks Harpoon Gun will be nerfed and maybe the wild seeds as well. They are expecting a balance pass this week.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Not sure about ‘looking forward’ but I guess change is good.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

ferroque posted:

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

What’s boring is watching while a control deck takes 20 minutes to actually get to its win condition.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 11, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Patch notes https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852692/24-4-3-patch-notes

Changes:

Theotar increased from 4 mana to 5 mana

Stag Wildseed changed to a 4/3 from a 5/4

Bear Wildseed changed to a 2/4 from a 2/5

Harpoon Gun reverted to discount 2 mana from a Beast instead of 3.

quote:

We don’t want him (Theotar) to be one of the most popular cards in the next expansion, and our goal with this change is to lower his playrate across all ranks. If his playrate doesn’t drop significantly with this change, we’ll evaluate further changes at the next opportunity.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 13, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Sounds like there's going to be another balance patch before the expansion releases. I think they want Theotar to only be played in Wild for example.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

kater posted:

why the gently caress would theotar playrate change because he costs 5 now instead of 4. are they dumb?

They’ve already said that if the play rate of Theotar in standard doesn’t go way down they’ll nerf him again until the play rate goes down sufficiently.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Folks still seeing Theotar since the nerf? I've only seen him once and took him out of my deck because at 5 he was competing with what I wanted to do.

I've been running a fun Paladin Standard deck. Forgot where I found it and I did make a couple of changes (super rare for me!) but it's been decent/good.

### Custom Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Battle Vicar
# 2x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Equality
# 1x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Righteous Defense
# 1x (3) Shimmering Sunfish
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) Dun Baldar Bridge
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (8) Lightforged Cariel
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
# 2x (9) Lightray
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAZ3DAwz76AOR7APZ+QO/gATgiwSwsgTHsgTXvQTp0ATA4gSX7wSk7wQOzOsD8PYDi/gDt4AEpY0E7p8EyaAE0KwElrcE57gE4tME2tkEgOIEv+IEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Anyone playing Marvel Snap? Is there a thread for it? Thoughts if you've tried it. I know it's a ton shorter than HS and that makes it attractive for me.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Thanks. Where does Runeterra rank for you in predatory monetization? I've been playing HS since the alpha (we were all blessed with a key when the first thread got started) and I'm getting tired of it finally.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

The combination of Myridon and Holy Maki Roll is broken imo. Anyone else seen this?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

For Standard, Aggro Druid is doing pretty decently right now, noting the new expansion is around the corner and that will shake things up. Aggro Druid uses no legendaries and therefore is pretty cheap and a good place to start.

Hsreplay.net and viscoussyndicate.com are good places to get decks as well.

There are several wild players in the thread, I'm sure they'll speak up soon :)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

frajaq posted:

mind you I havent touched Hearthstone in like 5 years

It's a lot better than when you left. Far from perfect, but a lot lot better.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I don't understand how to get to the new content. I have the new card but don't see the rest. What am I missing? Thanks for any assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

All the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards should just be in your collection, like everything else in the core set. The event stuff should be on the same page as your normal daily missions. Most of the other stuff we're talking about with death knights and all of that are coming with the next expansion in December.

Thanks all!!! I understand now.