Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

quote:

Toxfin is returned to the minion pool.
Nooooo!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think Denathrius is the problem, he's a 10 mana card that needs to sit in your hand for a long time and there are tools to deal with him in Theothar and Mutanus. He should be very powerful.
The issues are:
1- Playing him along Brann - While it may seem like Brann is the problem here, the main culprit is Kael enabling the combo. Druid can also do it with Guff but he exists to do that type of thing so in that sense he's fine, making his mana crystals empty would be a good nerf IMO. Relic DH can also do it without Kael but it is extremely unreliable so I think that's fine too.
2- Copying his battlecry (shaman)- The parrot should only copy the base battlecry, not the infused. I imagine they don't want to do this because other cards do get the infuse effect, but I think it is different because the cards essentially change after getting infused while Denathrius remains the same.
3- Druid is a design mess. Not only shouldn't they have access to good board clears but scales is one of the best in the game right now and the mana cost is a non-issue for them. They also have too much "tutoring" which makes them too consistent and boring to play against.

Edit: I also think mage is a big problem but not because of Denathrius.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 30, 2022

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Leapfrogger really needs to eat a big nerf if not get outright removed.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think my Bob's Buddy app must be broken or something, because I literally lose more often than I win in games I'm favored on. It's so bad that I actually get excited if I win on a 75% chance.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

The change to Guff is like a 6-7 mana nerf. Harsh, but fair.

In general minor changes do way more than players think they do, but even moreso in this meta. Just one -1/-1 change killed Imp Warlock, for example.

I don't think imps died to the -1/-1, they just got outclassed. but I do agree with your general point.

I think nerfing Kael was the right choice out of the combo but I also feel like they completely killed the card, now it is not even good to play big things earlier which is what it is supposed to do.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think there will be less Theotars now that only druids can combo Brann with Denathrius, and even then they will be much slower. Also, I agree with their rationale for not nerfing Brann, it enables a lot of fun stuff that I wouldn't like to see go.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I feel like this is the worst battlegrounds meta I can remember, it is way too random and highrolly. Adding toxfin back into the game was a big mistake now that it is so easy to get DS. Leapfrogger is busted again and there are no ways to defeat it if they get the Exodia build. When a tier 2 minion is better than a tier 6 (Wolfrin) there is something wrong.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yuuup.... par for the course.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

If you want some real-time help, I could hop on discord and spectacle at some point.

Nah thanks. I just have the worst RNG. Like constantly losing on 80% chance to win or getting lethaled on a 3% chance and so on.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I doubt it, it is way too easy to counter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Decks I have tried so far in standard after the patch:
Control warrior: Can't make it work, didn't win a single game
Pure paladin: I wasn't expecting much but won a bunch of games and made it to D4
Infuse dude paladin: Think this might be pretty good or at least decent but have only played it in casual

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm sick of leapfrogger, such a dumb card.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

bravesword posted:

I’m not sure what you hit in Beast Hunter, to be honest. The deck is just kind of generically strong rather than having any huge outliers that demand attention. I guess revert the Harpoon Gun buff, but that’s not enough, surely? Tack a mana on Pet Collector?

Harpoon for sure. Probably sunken saber. And maybe some of the wildseeds.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They absolutely can and should nerf hunter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Also, not everyone may have the cards they need for a particular deck.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I still play him in almost every deck because I like control gameplay the most so it still makes sense.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My favorite thing about these meta shakeups is how 95% of the decks are completely unchanged top tier decks decks from the last meta, because making number go down with the least amount of fun possible is all that matters when playing games.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hearthstone is really broken right now. I changed one of the event quests and as a result I can no longer make a deck, change a deck or start a game.

Edit: Finally worked after two restarts.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

Theotar is probably getting nerfed again, it’s listed as a 6 mana 4/4 on the official site

Can't wait for the endless complaining about Sire :allears:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

At least for the windfury one it would make sense to give megawindfury instead. And the other could in theory give two DS spells although I could see why they wouldn't want to do that.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Deathcoil is a mostly unholy ability but HS's would fit more with blood.
Deathgrip is really iconic and I hope they rework it into something else, maybe a provoke effect for blood.
DnD is just an AoE damage like consecration but I guess they don't want all DKs in HS to have that type of effect.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I wonder if at some point they will make dual/triple color rune cards.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The handbuff stuff looks good with unholy.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If you are a druid.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Pyros was decent in ele mage. Back then the value did matter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I like the discard mechanic but never liked how it was tunned.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I like mechanics that are negative but can be turned into positives, when they are done right at least, because sometimes they have literally no support, other times they are overtuned and usually undertuned.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

kater posted:

lol destroy works on Jailer'd stuff? for some reason I thought it don't. Guess that's MTG? Anyways shadow essence is pretty ridic autopilot bs.

Yeah, deadly shot or twisting nether will work for instance.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

That warrior legendary annoys me. No part if its flavor is making any sense, it has no connection to the class, and the effect isn't even good.

I mean yeah the sins of pirate warrior still weigh on the class but come on

In WoW they have a skill to reflect spells. But in HS it does seem out of flavor.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think 6 fire spells total are enough to support the phoenix and the champion. Also, the smithing card clashes with imbued axe.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The mini-set will probably add support but who knows afterwards.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Basically anything after you click the end turn button. So your own turn counts.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

What's the BG bug? But yeah, balance has been awful this season. I wonder if they are just gonna do away with quests like they did buddies and add a new gimmick so they won't bother with balance.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I thought Nathria was fine except for Sire Druid and beast Hunter back when it was busted. My least favorite expansion has been Stormwind, if it hadn't been for battlegrounds I would have quit HS then.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is it me or has the game been terrible at disconnections since the last patch? I get diconnected constantly and most times I can't log back in.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

frajaq posted:

how does this works? do I have to put some effort into winning a couple and just stay at 2 losses?

When it resets you get rewards depending on your current wins plus a free ticket for another run.
So IMO it is best to try to get as many wins until you have 2 losses but if you really hate arena just start one and leave it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Where do you buy the path of arthas? Or is that just what unlocks after the prologue?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I've done extremely well with deathrattle shaman. If they don't control it early it quickly gets out of hand, but if they do it has nice finishers with denathrius or Bolner+Astalor.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

Post your lists!

Post your list! Does it run Scourge Troll? How important is it if so?
Scourge troll is really important, it can outright win you some games.

### Army of da dead
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Scourge Troll
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Deathweaver Aura
# 2x (2) Infected Peasant
# 1x (2) Umbral Geist
# 2x (2) Vrykul Necrolyte
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (3) Shadow Suffusion
# 2x (3) Unliving Champion
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Famished Fool
# 1x (5) Harkener of Dread
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAaoICIb6A8ORBOnQBJjUBPLdBJOSBaqhBeKkBQvgtQSWtwSP5gS88ATxkQX0kQWFkgWimQWDoQWFqgXixQUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My opponent played a 20 corpse explosion into a board full of infectious ghouls and they just kept summoning each other. It was glorious.