Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
New thread! I'm victoriousNZ#1294 on NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

More nerfs next week:
https://twitter.com/AlecoGereco/status/1564412811526098944?t=it3Xw2h7um5DNXIQkHkx9Q&s=19

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I had two weekly quests disappear after the update :rolleye:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Same, I just ticked over level 70 for the XP bonus and I had a 1000 XP quest show up that rerolled into a 900.

Edit: apparently this is just a display issue and they're working on the missing quests too.
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1564677030691495936?t=vQOP0loqkweLV5lgGLDrLg&s=19

victorious fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 31, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Huh, apparently I got a 10-star bonus this month, even though I only got to Diamond 5 like I usually do. Anyone else had that before?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

GTO posted:

I did the brawl in one go as priest. Quite enjoyed it and having one in 3 draws come with 'discover a spell and make it free' felt like it balanced out the early game mana difference.

Took me two tries as Paladin. First game nothing worked for me and then the second I managed to get a 4/5 Rush/Taunt/Divine Shield/Windfury Mech off a free spell, which I then buffed hugely and magnetised. Also Adapted Nozdormu to have windfury and buffed that as well and the game was over on like turn 5/6.

I somehow fluked a 1st place finish with Demons as Lady Baz'hial in the second round of the Battlegrounds quests, so no doubt I'll never get first place when I need it now. I don't mind playing Battlegrounds but the time investment turns me off playing it more than occasionally.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Murloc Shaman is a fun aggro deck and probably gets a lot better in the new patch. Evolve Shaman is maybe less competitive but a lot of fun!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Finished the Battlegrounds questline with a first place Akazamzarak Dragon build. Didn't mind doing the quests and it was fun doing something different but yeah I can't be bothered with 20-30 min games every time let alone learning a different meta. Back to standard!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

What a lovely week to have the 'Play two Brawls' quest.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Immune prevents damage and targeting. Blizzard will still freeze them, whirlpool clears, shaman can devolve them, etc

efb

I think Devolve would work but they'd still be immune after?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

And Mark McZ's go at a (Wild) version: https://youtu.be/ykEhmvv59Yg

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Played through the mystery game for the cardback - that was pretty fun! Took me all 10 turns and a custom spreadsheet. I like these sorts of puzzles where getting things wrong can tell you more than if you got them right.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Tirion hasn't had a fit in even Tier 1 Pally meta decks, probably because he costs too much for what he is and/or the Pally meta has been dominated by mid speed play vs control style play.

Tirion is also a dead card if you've already played Cariel because of his deathrattle (Ask me how my experiment in using him as a replacement for Leviathan went).

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

It makes me laugh that the deck is so good that Wing Commander Ichman is seeing serious play on ladder.

Ichmann's been played ever since the first Vanndar versions of the deck back at Alterac release. Everyone thought he was a joke card when he was revealed but he's actually just really solid in that deck.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

did they fix him giving a beast rush even when it doesn't get summoned on the board?

I've never even heard of that. How does that work?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I wonder if changes to the two spirits will bring refunds for all the cards that summon them? Did that happen last time they nerfed stag?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

If the persistent rumours are true and Death Knights are coming back in some form, it would be pretty crazy to see the old Death Knights come back temporarily as part of the lead-up. That would definitely shake up the meta.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Anyone playing Marvel Snap? Is there a thread for it? Thoughts if you've tried it. I know it's a ton shorter than HS and that makes it attractive for me.

I started playing it a couple of days ago. The short games are great and I like the gameplay/Snap system but I can sense it's going to start getting really grindy in terms of getting new cards pretty soon so I don't know how long I'll keep playing for. Also there are way too many currencies, achievement/XP point systems and menus going on, it's a bit too complex outside the game itself.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Snap has one major mixed blessing in that while you can't spend $ to just buy/craft all the good cards, you're at the mercy of RNG as to when you do get certain cards as you progress. I got lucky by finding Ka-Zar early but I'm at level 80 or something now and still no sign of Angela who seems to be pretty core.

Edit: ^^ This is definitely true although I do appreciate the intention to not just let whales buy their way to better decks immediately. There's a lot of advice around for people trying to make tthe most of the game as F2P.

victorious fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 20, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah I uninstalled it this morning. Had the sudden realization that it's a lot of time/effort for nothing in particular, and I already have that covered in my life by Hearthstone lol.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

It's on YouTube.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Thanks, I found it and linked accounts.

The schedule is still messed up though.

Going to full schedule doesn't have anything for this weekend and shows me that the Summer Tournament is live.

Can't imagine using Youtube for this.

Id recommend watching Habugabu's 2 series from today/yesterday, he brought a full-aggro lineup and ended up playing 6 games in about 45 mins.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I thought it was funny how just a week ago I criticized Marvel Snap for having too many XP tracks and currencies, and now Hearthstone has introduced a new type of XP that works on a new reward track, and a new rune system to be aware of for one class.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

when are the knights of the frozen throne cards coming back to standard? I have the death knight hero event quest but can't put them into standard decks yet

e: in fact any time I try to make a new deck the game seems to freeze

Now, I've played a couple of games with them already.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Mayveena posted:

All I see is the one spell. Can someone give me the name of a card that I can look up? Thanks!

Shadow Essence, Priest spell.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Ah shoot, I completely forgot about the twitch drops.

Sindragosa took me I think 6 games of Big Spell Mage before I was able to play her, maybe more. I'm liking these more specific quests, I made a Keleseth Pirate Rogue for that quest that actually felt pretty strong.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

of course if you're still missing cards from the previous sets of the Years of the Hydra or the Gryphon then it won't particularly do you any good

It can still help you fill out your common/rare collections depending on how many of the new packs you're planning on opening. In almost 8 years of playing this game I've never once had a complete Standard collection. I'm pretty sure I still have a handful of cards missing from every major set.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Kalko posted:

Anachronos is the kind of flashy unique effect I enjoy playing and presumably it locks all other minions into Dormant-like bubbles, but probably without summoning sickness when they come out.

Based solely on Wronchi's animated card reveal, I expect they're all actually removed from the board because he shows one minion not coming back due to board space.

Edit: beaten, that's what I get for not refreshing the page for an hour.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

RatHat posted:

By the way they're doing a showmatch thing today and tommorow. Watch 2 hours between both streams for 2 Lich king packs

I watched an hour today and got a Nathria pack?

Edit: Oh, it's a Nathria pack today and a Lich King pack tomorrow.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I think I just managed to trigger a game crash in Wild. The Paladin opponent played an Undatakah with the deathrattles of Immortal Prelate, Abomination and Masked Reveller, and gave it lifesteal. I had Creepy Painting in play and used a Hedge Maze to trigger a Sinrunner's deathrattle. I expected that this would have killed the Undatakah and given me a copy of it, but as soon as I selected the Sinrunner the game stopped responding and popped up a 'You were disconnected' message. It said 'Reconnected, resuming' but then 'You were disconnected' again and then crashed back to a splash screen that said my game had been disconnected from the servers and needed to restart I hadn't had any connectivity issues prior to that. Not sure if it counted as a win or a loss, but pretty crazy! I know Undatakah has been bugged in the past but this is the first time I've run into something that completely crashed the game.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Had my longest ever game of Hearthstone this evening. Two deathrattle/thief priests chasing achievements with no win conditions to speak of. Hit the turn limit and ended in a tie just after 50 mins into the game. Never had that happen in 8 years of playing this game. Good thing too, or I would've lost shortly afterwards from fatigue.

victorious fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 26, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Patch notes are out: https://t.co/49zs3MOJQ4

Theotar nerfed again to 6-mana 4/4.
Death Knight event runs Dec 6-20 with daily quests to get 6 Signature cards, a pack and a cardback.
Winterveil event also coming later.
A bunch of Battlegrounds/Duels/Mercs updates etc.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Ah lame, they've rolled the achievements for the new expansion already. Now what am I going to do for the next week?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Duels is resetting too.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

That's insane! I was feeling lucky after getting this Signature in my first Standard pack, then a golden legendary in my 4th Lich King pack:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I got a Signature Rommath in a pack and then collected Diamond Rommath from the reward track but was not given the option to re-roll either, sounds like this is happening to multiple people on Reddit too. Other re-rolls are happening properly though, weird.

Edit: Oohhhhh, apparently you only get to re-roll craftable/disenchantable cards? That's kind of annoying actually.

victorious fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 7, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm not opening packs until I see something from the HS team that everything has been resolved.

I don't know what you mean by 'everything', but:

https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1600321265822502914?t=Xiv7LVzdFUdGHu4G90r5nA&s=19

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I thought I was in the usual early-set predicament of having not having the cards for any new good decks but then I saw I could build Shockspitter Hunter and I'm having a good time with it. At first I misread the card and thought they powered up with hero powers rather than attacks, I wonder if that might be a nerf option because it forces you to use more mana.

victorious fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 8, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

are DK progression quests bugged? The Scourge doesn’t seem to work despite it saying “summon” undead not “play”

It's definitely not counting everything it should but I can't figure out the problem. I got it after two games with the unholy deck recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

mcbexx posted:

There's currently a Twitch drop running, 2 Standard packs, 2/4 hours.

The only participating channels seem to be
/solaryhs, /thijs, /feelink, and /iamthanh

Man these things are always at a terrible early morning time for me. I started watching and the stream stopped 15 mins before I qualified for the first pack.